Cowessess First Nation says 751 unmarked graves found near former Sask. residential school

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Let's answer a bigger question that oral history should solve, where are all the burial mounds located? So we can respectfully avoid them, on the most part they are accidentally found in the midst of a construction project.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
So, has anybody heard who this preacher from the 60s was with the bulldozer (?) or what this dispute was between this guy and the current chief of the time? I’ve read that they want to press charges and the RCMP are involved actively in this… but I’m guessing that bulldozer preacher would’ve done this about 55 years ago & he probably wasn’t 15 years old at the time…

I’m not finding a name in the news anywhere as to whom the Chief was at that point, or who the priest with the bulldozer was, or what their dispute was about, etc… but I’m curious.

Bulldozers don’t pick anything up as they just push… so are all these gravestones in a pile somewhere within a couple hundred feet of this graveyard? If so that would be a real close to identifying people in these now on unmarked graves. With ground penetrating radar that would be a pretty big disturbance and fairly easy to find I’m assuming.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan

Trudeau Says Pope Francis Should Apologize on Canadian Soil

This might carry some (any?) weight once Trudeau actually apologizes for the things he's actually done instead of just apologizing for things that others have done 'cuz "People experience things differently" sure as shit wasn't an apology. This demand by Sparkle-Socks is just a big exclamation point on his own hypocrisy.

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
Ground penetrating radar is not very accurate in detecting buried bodies underground. This technology can only detect differences in ground/soil densities, and there are always differences in soil densities on any settled lands.
I’m surprised they haven’t picked a few dozen locations to uncover in order to determine their accuracy rate. They will ultimately look like fools if they have less than 50% accuracy rate.

My guess is that the Natives will not want to uncover the buried as they would probably prefer to stay buried and believe in the higher numbers rather than be embarrassed with actual lower numbers.

Just my take on things.

no color

Electoral Member
May 20, 2007
1967 World's Fair

The Pope should do no such thing unless Trudeau apologizes first. During his first election campaign, Trudeau stated that there was no room in his party for “Pro Lifers”. In other words, there was no room in his party for practicing Catholics.

So unless Trudeau publicly apologies to the Pope for excluding practicing Catholics from his party, the Pope should just ignore him.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons

For what? What did Pope Francis do to Canada? Has Socks "Blackface" McGroper apologized yet for pappy not shutting down the RSS when he had the chance, FOR YEARS? Have Protestant leaders stepped up yet to apologize for shit they didn't do?

Apologizing on behalf of someone else or some previous generation is pathetic, virtue signal-y grand standing and means absolutely nothing. It's just empty platitudes and for Socks "Blackface" McGroper, yet another opportunity to engage in a little self-aggrandizement, Yep, dude cares SO much about the FN the Indian Act is still sitting there, intact and in place.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Why do they need a second apology? Nobody heard it in 1991? Did anyone hear Benny accept blame several years ago?

Trudeau is blame shifting away from the Govt who is ultimately responsible.

Pretty shitty thing to do and right before an election too. Does he think we can't see through this bullshit?

Last edited: