COVID-19 vaccine to be required for most travellers within Canada by end of month

Wise

Electoral Member
Mar 3, 2019

COVID-19 vaccine to be required for most travellers within Canada by end of month​

NEWS 1130 shows that anyone travelling by air, rail, or sea in Canada must be fully vaccinated by the end of October. Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced the new measure Wednesday which will also require all federal employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
In spite of the vaccine passports, restaurants are still restricted to 50% capacity and yet the Maple Leaf's, Senators and Raptors will be allowed to play with the stands full.
Paying attention yet?

Reactions: Wise and petros

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
In spite of the vaccine passports, restaurants are still restricted to 50% capacity and yet the Maple Leaf's, Senators and Raptors will be allowed to play with the stands full.
Paying attention yet?
Rules are for the little people .

Reactions: taxslave

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Paying attention yet?
In otherwords the Toronto Sports Network and parent company Bell Media won't play the covid boogeyman game for Trudeau unless...

Wise

Electoral Member
Mar 3, 2019
Paying attention yet?
Stands full ? Interesting.

How about everyone plays basketball. There's too many guys walking around saying, "last time I played ball was 20 years ago."

Don't mention "obesity pandemic", though.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
I believe the Raptors and Leafs are restricted to 10,000 fans which works out to 50% capacity.

I think there is no 50% rule in restaurants right now in Ontario as long as the restaurant can physically distance the parties from each other. There is therefore capacity restriction but its not a hard percentage. Given the vaccine status, I don't think that should be required either.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
I believe the Raptors and Leafs are restricted to 10,000 fans which works out to 50% capacity.
That was the original plan. Now it's full capacity. Ontario has given the green light for the Toronto Maple Leafs, Ottawa Senators and Toronto Raptors to have full capacity for home games this season. Sport Minister Lisa MacLeod confirmed the news on Friday.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
That was the original plan. Now it's full capacity. Ontario has given the green light for the Toronto Maple Leafs, Ottawa Senators and Toronto Raptors to have full capacity for home games this season. Sport Minister Lisa MacLeod confirmed the news on Friday.
I missed that. I can't say I agree with that.

I guess the Senators don't really have to worry too much about getting too many fans. Nobody wants to watch them anyways.

Decapoda

Council Member
Mar 4, 2016
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced the new measure Wednesday which will also require all federal employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Utter bullshit.

Freeland admits most federal employees exempt from proof of vaccination requirements

Like literally everything else this impotent government does, this is all fake virtue intended to look good, but nothing more.

I noticed also that the RCMP union has come out and declared they will be protecting the rights of any member who chooses not to get vaccinated. Great to hear. Now where are the unions, lawyers, and protection groups for the little people? Crickets.

Reactions: petros

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Will MPs be mandated?
I doubt it. Legislation is for pawns & not kings.

Exempted employees include call centre operators, federal judges, meat inspectors, park wardens, postal workers, tax auditors, Commons and Senate staff, soldiers, sailors and aircrew, and public members entering federal buildings.

"The policy applies to all public servants in the core public administration," an official said at a Treasury Board press briefing. The distinction exempts employees of Crown corporations such as postal workers and staff at federal agencies such as meat inspectors with the Canadian Food Inspection Agency.

RCMP, border agents and correctional officers are included, while Parks Canada wardens and the Canadian Armed Forces are excluded. Workers at federal departments that deal directly with the public and cannot be short-staffed are exempt. These include the Department of Veterans Affairs employees, staff that manage call centres for benefits claims at the Department of Employment, and tax processors and auditors at the Canada Revenue Agency.

Basically, we can do without law enforcement or CBSA & nurses during a pandemic, but we can’t do without CRA, call Center Operators, Commons or Senate Staff, or Postal Employees (big union here). It shows the priorities.

Reactions: Wise and petros

Wise

Electoral Member
Mar 3, 2019
Exempted employees include call centre operators, federal judges, meat inspectors, park wardens, postal workers, tax auditors, Commons and Senate staff, soldiers, sailors and aircrew, and public members entering federal buildings.
Interesting. Thanks for sharing the information.

Wise

Electoral Member
Mar 3, 2019
CBC News: The National in Canada shows that experts are urging caution in Ontario after daily cases of COVID-19 have nearly doubled in the past week, which could be linked to increased capacity limits and gatherings at Thanksgiving and Halloween.

In Canada, Ontario reports 666 new COVID-19 cases on Sunday and 7 deaths. 88.7% of Ontarians aged 12+ have now had at least 1 dose of a COVID-19 vaccine.

For Vaccinations: 22,712,900 doses have been administered to date. Currently, 88.7 per cent of Ontarians aged 12 or older have received at least one dose of a vaccine, while 85.5 per cent have received double doses.