Clocks, Time, Stupid Rules

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
I leaped out of bed thinking I had to put the clock ahead and I was going to lose an hour....

Have been up for two hours and realize it's "Fall Back"....

Have a good day folks - we have an extra hour to get into trouble.

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
I leaped out of bed thinking I had to put the clock ahead and I was going to lose an hour....

Have been up for two hours and realize it's "Fall Back"....

Have a good day folks - we have an extra hour to get into trouble.
Well if I was around that would of been two hours to get you into trouble , I'm an early riser ;-)

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Are clocks time? Are you a slave to clocks? Can you free yourself from clocks? Are you doomed to repeat the cycle? Will there be someone to save us? Does it matter? Are clocks time? Ponder. :dontknow:

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Well if I was around that would of been two hours to get you into trouble , I'm an early riser ;-)

ElBarto

I believe it!!! Trouble's your middle name!

Eh1Eh

Yup - clocks are my lifeblood.... growing up in a large family.... late meant all the good stuff had been taken off the big pass around plate.... I was always on time....for survival!

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
I had to show up at work for 8am today to test some network changes, ended up being here an hour early :(

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Thank you thank you Pangloss - I feel not so alone any more !

Most years I don't find out until I turn on the evening news at the wrong time!

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
ElBarto

I believe it!!! Trouble's your middle name!

Eh1Eh

Yup - clocks are my lifeblood.... growing up in a large family.... late meant all the good stuff had been taken off the big pass around plate.... I was always on time....for survival!
you really know how to flatter a guy tho i bet you know i'm tame as a kitten, pet me and I'll purr for you.;-)

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
ElBarto

Exactly - that's when the trouble starts!!!

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
I was able to manage the time clock change however the extra hour of alcohol intake last night has gotten me. I hate hangovers...an extra hour of sleep has not helped nor will it. I think I'm just going to make a cup of tea, a large glass of ice water, eat some premium plus crackers and go back to bed...

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
She is just chillaxing and eating crackers.

chillaxing is such the right word for it. I never got around to enjoying my tea, had 3-4 crackers went to sleep, woke up with a migraine, went back to sleep. It's now Monday morning. I've successfully wasted an ENTIRE sunday...I slept almost all day and all night.

Seems drinking is for the young. I swear I won't drink for at least another2-3 weeks!

Niflmir

A modern nomad
Dec 18, 2006
Leiden, the Netherlands
So, a week ago when the rest of the world changed their clocks (and Canada would have if the Government hadn't been a' tinkering) I woke up early because I had an appointment to meet some Australians on line at 8:00 Australian time. Well, they are 8 time zones ahead of Germany so I decided I would show up at 11:00 (adjusted time) just in case they didn't observe daylight savings time because they are in the southern hemisphere.

Thing I didn't expect was that they did observe daylight savings time: they jumped ahead an hour. Yup, daylight savings time is discontinuous across the equator. I was an hour late.

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
Well my computer dodn't get it right. Who is responsible for that? Does your Server do that or does Microsoft do an update to fix this?

do you mean the time on your computer or the time on your posts at the forum?

the computer one ought to change automatically, but there's an option that needs to be selected to allow it to synchronize with the server's time.

The forum has a tendancy to have the wrong times up but i never look at them

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Thing I didn't expect was that they did observe daylight savings time: they jumped ahead an hour. Yup, daylight savings time is discontinuous across the equator. I was an hour late.

Do you ever get the feeling that the universe is just out to **** with you sometimes?

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
chillaxing is such the right word for it. I never got around to enjoying my tea, had 3-4 crackers went to sleep, woke up with a migraine, went back to sleep. It's now Monday morning. I've successfully wasted an ENTIRE sunday...I slept almost all day and all night.

Seems drinking is for the young. I swear I won't drink for at least another2-3 weeks!

Ahhhh. Wasting a day just sleeping. Good times.:smile:

Vereya

Council Member
Apr 20, 2006
Tula
Wasted four days just sleeping, because I had the flu. Glad to be back online :smile: