Christians ordered to teach Wiccan, pagan rites

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
I understood your comment as you intended it, and I agree. Private schools should teach anything they damn well please.

I was talking about the continual insistence of the god-botherers that we need more laws forcing their religions on sane people.

Not true, but even if it was, so what?

Got some examples of the God-botherers enacting laws that force Christianity down your throat?... A contemporary example of something meaningful will be nice

Careful now.

Christians might learn something truthful.

I learned something meaningful from that jpeg... Seems to me that Wiccans are show-offs

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Hey, would someone please pass me the Blackleaf doll? Anyone have a pin?

False religions like voodoo won't have any effect on me.

And I think I'm right when I say that it's only Christians who have to show "knowledge" and "understanding" and "respect" to other religions and have it drummed into them at school by left-wing, PC teachers. I doubt there are Muslim schools out there teaching their pupils all about other Christianity or Judaism or Hinduism. I doubt Wiccans and "pagans" have to be taught all about Christian rituals to show "understanding" and "respect towards the Christian faith". Oh no, not on your nelly. As usual it's only the Christians who are targeted for such "understanding of other faiths".

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
No. It's only Christians which have to learn about other faiths. I doubt they do RE in our local Muslim Girls' School.

Lol, did you even read the first post? Every school in the province has to do this course.

You really do have comprehension issues don't you?

Yes he really does.

I'm only answering for him because he would not understand your question.

If not agreeing with you is a comprehension issue, sure.

So you are saying god is everywhere except in the dirt? Does he not want to get dirty? That might exclude him from some other places too.

Last edited:

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Give me the wanker crank.

Say what silly things you like. I'm right.

Whilst CHRISTIAN schools are being forced by the PC, liberal, metroplitan elite who run the Western world today to teach their pupils (or "students" as we have to call them today) about other religions ("faith groups"), even silly made up ones like Wicca, this sort of "understanding and learning of other faith groups" is never applied to non-Christians. Oh no. It's only Christians who have to show "knowledge of other faith groups". Like many things today, it's only Christians who are targeted, yet your Muslims and Wiccas never have to be taught about other religions. Why the hell can't you liberal metropolitans let Christian schools be Christian schools?

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
I say, "More mathematics, less religion!"

It's a Christian school.

And there's nothing wrong with religion. Religion - especially Protestant Christianity - is a force for good in this world.

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
It's a Christian school.

And there's nothing wrong with religion. Religion - especially Protestant Christianity - is a force for good in this world.

Says you

Now this is an example of something being forced on kids.

Yeah, there are certain requirements in order to offer an accredited high school diploma.

Are you also mad that they force kids to learn math and languages?

Say what silly things you like. I'm right.

Whilst CHRISTIAN schools are being forced by the PC, liberal, metroplitan elite who run the Western world today to teach their pupils (or "students" as we have to call them today) about other religions ("faith groups"), even silly made up ones like Wicca, this sort of "understanding and learning of other faith groups" is never applied to non-Christians. Oh no. It's only Christians who have to show "knowledge of other faith groups". Like many things today, it's only Christians who are targeted, yet your Muslims and Wiccas never have to be taught about other religions. Why the hell can't you liberal metropolitans let Christian schools be Christian schools?

Lol, again, read the OP. All schools have to do this course, not just Christian schools.

On exactly what grounds can you say that Christianity is any less made up than Wicca or Scientology?

What harm would come out of everyone learning more about all religions? If you know that protestant Christianity is the clear right path, certainly learning about what other people believe should be no threat to that.

The class isn't about proselytizing. It will still be taught by the teachers at the school.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004

Yeah, says I.

Are you also mad that they force kids to learn math and languages?

I'm mad that they force kids to learn German and French, the languages of two declining countries which will beome less and less important in global affairs as this century wears on. Kids should start being taught Chinese instead.

And I'm also mad that it only ever seems to be Christians who are targeted out for "lessons in understanding and showing respect to other 'faith groups'". It's never Muslims or Hindus or Jews or Wiccans or Rastafarians. None of them have to show "understanding to other 'faith group' and members of the 'non-Christian community'". It's only Christians who are targeted for such PC claptrap as usual. Why Christians can't be taught to be Christians instead of being taught about a made up "religion" intoduced in England in 1954 by a Lancastrian civil servant is beyond me.

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
And I'm also mad that it only ever seems to be Christians who are targeted out for "lessons in understanding and showing respect to other 'faith groups'". It's never Muslims or Hindus or Jews or Wiccans or Rastafarians. None of them have to show "understanding to other 'faith group' and members of the 'non-Christian community'". It's only Christians who are targeted for such PC claptrap as usual. Why Christians can't be taught to be Christians instead of being taught about a made up "religion" intoduced in England in 1954 by a Lancastrian civil servant is beyond me.

I have pointed this out to you two times already, but this is not targeted at Christians. Every school of every religion in the province of Quebec has to teach this course.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
It is happening right now.

Yeah. That's what you think. Although telling Muslim schools to teach their children all about Wicca will be a lot harder than the PC Brigade think it will be. We all know that, at the end of the day, it will only be Christian schools forced to teach kids all about wicca.

Although it doesn't surprise me that a country which is so loony liberal it is banning doorknobs to stop "offending" "members of the handless community" is now trying to teach its kids all about a completely synthetic "religion" which, rather than having its origins in the mists of pre-Christian time, was completely and utterly made up by a mad Lancastrian calling himseld Scire (real name Gerald Gardner) in the early twentieth century.

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Yeah. That's what you think. Although telling Muslim schools to teach their children all about Wicca will be a lot harder than the PC Brigade think it will be. We all know that, at the end of the day, it will only be Christian schools forced to teach kids all about wicca.

Although it doesn't surprise that a country which is so loony liberal it is banning doorknobs to stop "offending" "members of the handless community" is now trying to teach its kids all about a completely synthetic "religion" which, rather than having its origins in the mists of pre-Christian time, was completely and utterly made up by a mad Lancastrian in the early twentieth century.

If other private faith-based schools are going to refuse to meet their statutory obligations, then they can be prepared to proceed unaccredited and without any official recognition on the part of post-secondary institutions. Cool, more power to them.

As for a country which is so “loony liberal” as Canada, your example is dumb. Round doorknobs were banned in Vancouver in order to ensure that as many spaces as possible are accessible to people with disabilities. This was also rolled-out with no retro-activity, and with the continued sale of doorknobs for people to replace themselves anyway. But sure, accessibility is “loony liberal.”