China-ish posts by Ellanjay

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Don't know about Shein, because I never order cloths. I have bought some tools from Temu. Certainly not high quality, but the price is in line with the quality. Pretty sure the air over hydraulic pump I bought isn't spying on me.
Nope, but when you went on Temu you gave the CCP your personal information. Temu also comes with free CCP spyware whether you want it or not.

B00Mer

Make Canada Great Again
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.canadianforums.ca
Riiight. Based on all the people just using TikTok, Temu, AliBaba and Shein it's obviously not that obvious to a whole lotta people.

Yeah, well people still fall victim to phone card scams and other scams online..

Many people are not aware that Google harvests a shit load on info from you and sells it.

Google TEMU and watch the ads they end up on you Facebook and Google YouTube accounts.

Ellanjay

Council Member
Apr 11, 2020

98 Chinese Rivers Surge Above Flood Warning Levels | China In Focus​

A dramatic rescue takes place as record flooding hits southern China. A whopping 98 rivers have swelled past their warning levels, and the water is still rising. Officials say the situation will soon get worse. Does the U.S. Defense Department know where its money has gone? A report is saying no and that the agency failed to keep adequate track of its funds going to Chinese research labs. Some of those labs are home to high-risk forms of virus research. Secretary of State Antony Blinken is doubling down on the China threat. He's calling out Beijing's biggest infrastructure outreach project: the Belt and Road Initiative. A Chinese rocket was mistakenly launched over the weekend—ending in a crash, plus an explosion that sparked a fire.

Ellanjay

Council Member
Apr 11, 2020

US Expels 116 Chinese Nationals via Chartered Plane | China in Focus​

A chartered plane is sending 116 Chinese nationals back to China, marking the first large-scale removal of its kind in five years. Beijing is demanding loyalty from Communist Party members living abroad, an order that could put them at odds with U.S. law. Is a popular shopping app spying on U.S. shoppers? A major warning from Arkansas could change how Americans make purchases online. China seizes a Taiwanese fishing boat, detaining the five crew members on it. The bold move marks a 17-year first for Beijing.

Ellanjay

Council Member
Apr 11, 2020

First Victim Account of Forced Organ Harvesting | China in Focus​

A Falun Gong practitioner gives the first-ever victim account of forced organ harvesting in China. He was forced into surgery where parts of his liver and lung were taken. The U.S. Commerce Department blacklisted four companies for helping train Chinese military pilots. The companies did it using the resources of U.S. allies. The number of American students in China has dropped dramatically. We look at why that may be. Towns in Southern China were struck by heavy rainfall and flooding. Small business owners are facing devastating losses. They say nobody warned them.