Capitalism will save this world

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Yep. Those crazy people don't seem to understand the importance of capitalism innovating the game of chest.

Awww you got me tec :lol:

Chess made its way to Europe during the period of the Silk Road. What a great thing this think called commerce and capitalism has been for us ;)

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Helping spread innovation throughout the world for so long now.

You think medieval Persia was capitalist.

Capitalism is essentially freedom for all to perform businesses.

Commerce is equally great. But the freedom for anyone no matter what or who they are to do business is even greater.

Do you want me to start anew thread on how great commerce has been for the human species?

Capitalism is simply the freedom of all to perform commerce.

Or was it better in the old days when only certain people were allowed?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Helping spread innovation throughout the world for so long now.

Capitalism is essentially freedom for all to perform businesses.
You think medieval Persia offered "freedom for all to perform businesses."

Commerce is equally great. But the freedom for anyone no matter what or who they are to do business is even greater.

Do you want me to start anew thread on how great commerce has been for the human species?
Go for it. Should be good for a laugh.
Capitalism is simply the freedom of all to perform commerce.

Or was it better in the old days when only certain people were allowed?
Like in medieval Persia, where capitalism innovated chest.

HarperCons

Council Member
Oct 18, 2015
if you can't exploit a profit, capitalism disregards it. irrespective of what it is.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
You think medieval Persia offered "freedom for all to perform businesses."

Go for it. Should be good for a laugh.

Like in medieval Persia, where capitalism innovated chest.

The Silk Road was the beginning of big time trade and commerce. But I never said it was the biginning of capitalism. Your just not intelligent enough to understand what I said

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
The Silk Road was the beginning of big time trade and commerce. But I never said it was the biginning of capitalism. Your just not intelligent enough to understand what I said
Hmmm. . . care to point out where I claimed you said the Silk Road was "the biginning [sic] of capitalism"?

A quote will do nicely.

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
You haven't made one argument that I would call"solid" against capitalism yet.

Right, I better get on that then. Just so I know what I'm working with, what would you call a "solid" argument?

Something like this?

And I don't have the time to figure it out in a equation but there is one

You'll have to trust me on my word. But I'm not going to break it down for a bunch of tree stumps like you 4. The equation is much to valuable to share here anyways

The equation is strong enough that I have no doubt humans will one day, travel the galaxy With its help by amplifying our very strong ability to build solutions.

Because I can make an argument against capitalism equally as solid as this.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Right, I better get on that then. Just so I know what I'm working with, what would you call a "solid" argument?

Something like this?

Because I can make an argument against capitalism equally as solid as this.

That wasn't a argument at all. I was playing along with you. Do you know what a analytic mind is? :lol:

It's about the 5th time you go back to this in this thread :lol:

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
That wasn't a argument at all.

It was a cop out because you realized you looked like a fool going on about your equation, but you couldn't actually explain your point because your point made no sense.

Until you admit that or actually produce the equation, you're going to get the same effort in my arguments as you've put into your own arguments.

So far this is the best you've come up with:

• My argument is right because of an equation I don't know and haven't thought about.
and

• I'm super analytical even though I don't understand this Wikipedia article says nothing about the point I'm trying to make.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
It was a cop out because you realized you looked like a fool going on about your equation, but you couldn't actually explain your point because your point made no sense.

Until you admit that or actually produce the equation, you're going to get the same effort in my arguments as you've put into your own arguments.

So far this is the best you've come up with:

• My argument is right because of an equation I don't know and haven't thought about.
and

• I'm super analytical even though I don't understand this Wikipedia article says nothing about the point I'm trying to make.

That's fine with me, let's continue that discussion, it's all you have to add because I've made you look like a idiot arround 15 times the rest of the time.

As for the equation it's simple. It's in business's favor to keep its market from collapsing. This means it will innovate in order to continue to profit from its market. I've already explained this five times but since, realized that you don't even see understand what I've just explained. It's basically a self solving algorithm.

I've already explained this equation 5 times and your still asking for a equation. Who looks stupid now?

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
That's fine with me, let's continue that discussion,

What discussion? There never was one.

This is how far you got on the topic:

• My equation proves I'm right!
  • What's the equation?
  • I don't know. You're a tree stump.
As for the equation it's simple. It's in business's favor to keep its market from collapsing. This means it will innovate in order to continue to profit from its market. I've already explained this five times but since, realized that you don't even see understand what I've just explained. It's basically a self solving algorithm.

I've already explained this equation 5 times and your still asking for a equation. Who looks stupid now?
That's not an equation. You might want to try looking up what an equation is first.

You seem really concerned with not looking stupid and boasting of your intelligence. So much so that it comes as a priority to you actually making an intelligent point. To you it seems that it doesn't matter whether you've shown your intelligence, just so long as you announce it and put others down in the process. We've all experienced people like that on elementary school playgrounds. It's a classic but boring cliche.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
You seem really concerned with not looking stupid
Well, screwed the pooch on that one.

and boasting of your intelligence. So much so that it comes as a priority to you actually making an intelligent point. To you it seems that it doesn't matter whether you've shown your intelligence, just so long as you announce it and put others down in the process. We've all experienced people like that on elementary school playgrounds. It's a classic but boring cliche.
Yeah, but only because you've left third grade behind.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
This is the only car you could buy in Solviet Union for 40 years. While we had 500+ different models to choose from.

Thank you capitalism for innovations like the seat belt

I'd buy another of those Ladas in a minute. Toughest car I ever owned, exceptional in snow, sound but simple, lots of military grade hard parts, I also owned the Niva which was best 4x4 in it's class year after year. I bought the Lada GL sedan, withheadlight wipers in 85 and sold it to a friend six years later who sold it back to me two years after that so I could reengine the Niva.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
What discussion? There never was one.

This is how far you got on the topic:

• My equation proves I'm right!
  • What's the equation?
  • I don't know. You're a tree stump.
That's not an equation. You might want to try looking up what an equation is first..

It's a self solving algorithm, if you can't understand that you are a tree stump :lol:

A algorithm can be seen as a form of equation, because it will solve a problem.

Your right. It's like explaining **** to a 3rd grade.

Last edited:

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Maybe capitalism will save the world. Define the word world. While it may save the world why should you be so happy since you may not be included in this great salvation. I suppose the capitalist monitor this forum and can see you're all about them and this might soften their approach with respect to your person if and when there is gain to be had from such an undertaking. I think you had better find more reliable friends.