Canuck, the crow has a paying job...

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
In the late 1940's, early 1950's, my Dad worked in what was then the tallest office building in Montreal... the Sun Life Building. Back in the days before DDT got to them, there were Peregrine Falcons nesting on the building and it was common to see them whiz by your office window, crouched in a 60 mph dive while going after pigeons.
You don't seem to understand. The behaviour you describe, "stooping," is natural to peregrines, and part of their hunting routine. Gliding is not natural to crows. It is something Jake does for pleasure and aesthetics, and out of joy in practicing her skill.

p.s. Living in "the Projects"?
Fourth-richest zip code in the U.S.?

"The projects," indeed.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
You don't seem to understand. The behaviour you describe, "stooping," is natural to peregrines, and part of their hunting routine. Gliding is not natural to crows. It is something Jake does for pleasure and aesthetics, and out of joy in practicing her skill.

"The projects," indeed.

Gotta love those gatehouse appartments.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015

"The projects," indeed.

I bet that the other crows think that she's a Libtard ... a sort of "liberal arts" crow.

I live in an expensive postal code, too. I live in the sharecropper's shotgun shack surrounded by McMansions, in all directions.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
If they start making too much noise early in the AM I go out and rip a few alleys through the canopy of the big leafed Maples out front that usually shuts them up-and are they polite when I walk out onto the street later!

They remember faces especially if you scared them

Angry Birds: Crows Never Forget Your Face
Mess with a crow, and it will remember your face for over five years, research shows.
https://www.seeker.com/angry-birds-crows-never-forget-your-face-1765286502.html

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
I bet that the other crows think that she's a Libtard ... a sort of "liberal arts" crow.

I live in an expensive postal code, too. I live in the sharecropper's shotgun shack surrounded by McMansions, in all directions.

Ah the Mansion family...
so some of them are still around eh?