'Canadians will fall in love' with new governor general

Martin Le Acadien

Electoral Member
Sep 29, 2004
Province perdue du Canada, Louisian
Vanni Fucci said:
Hey Martin,

I was just asking today where you had gone to... 8)
Still around, trying to get back to work after being off for 9 months with Hypertension (High Blood Pressure for the Possum Lodge Group) and I am leaving tomorrow for Houston, TX for a fitness for duty test to go back to work! I am thinking of moving to Wyoming later on for my Health. My wife is losing her father to Cancer (Sixth Generation Acadien in Exile) and my life is undergoing changes to say the least!

Break out that Bombadier, mon Katan, le neige vien!

Viva Canada, Les Courrier de Bois vivant!

Extrafire

Council Member
Mar 31, 2005
Prince George, BC
There's a reason why top journalists make good GGs.

How many of them have there been? If memory serves, only the current one, and she was the worst GG in my memory.

Worse than her though, is that the whole position is without purpose, something like our senate.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
I was referring to skill sets, Extrafire. That was pretty clear by my post.

Clarkson wasn't a bad GG either. She performed the PR job just fine. We discussed that though...if she would have been taking business leaders on her junkets and presenting Canada as a one dimensional coutry where all that mattered was money and everything was up for sale, the radical right would have loved.

Canada is not a one-dimensional nation though, so Clarkson chose to present the artistic side of Canada to the world. For that the radical right villified her.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
[quote="Extrafire If memory serves, only the current one, and she was the worst GG in my memory.

[/quote]

I'm curious why you think she was such a bad GG.

Are there specific things that she did, or didn't do, that make you feel that way?

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
[quote="Numure]
Ahh was asking myself. No one can say their family has been in Canada for more then 150 years if they arnt french, or Natives.[/quote]

I beg to differ; my ancestors arrived in the 1820s, and they weren't French or Native. The city I live in was incorporated in 1784, and the people here weren't French or Native.

Read much history?

stratochief

Nominee Member
Jul 1, 2005
George Vanier is no longer governor General? 8O

The GG had an open house to greet the commoners and no one came to drink the fruit punch or eat the dainty sandwiches.

If a governor general is installed and nobody notices, did he ever exist?

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
How about throwing tax money around like it was water Tenpenny . :p I'm sick of the elites wasting my hard earned tax dollars on bullshit trips that do feck all for me or the country or my kids :roll:

Numure

Council Member
Apr 30, 2004
Montréal, Québec
TenPenny said:
[quote="Numure]
Ahh was asking myself. No one can say their family has been in Canada for more then 150 years if they arnt french, or Natives.

I beg to differ; my ancestors arrived in the 1820s, and they weren't French or Native. The city I live in was incorporated in 1784, and the people here weren't French or Native.

Read much history?[/quote]

Ok 250 years then.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
mrmom2 said:
How about throwing tax money around like it was water Tenpenny . :p I'm sick of the elites wasting my hard earned tax dollars on bullshit trips that do feck all for me or the country or my kids :roll:

So have you compared her budget to previous G-Gs? Exactly how did she throw tax money around like it was water?

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: 'Canadians will fall

By spending it on something other than men in suits, Ten Penny. That's become a cardinal sin on the right in this country.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Oh, that's right. As long as it's taking planeloads of Liberal and Conservative baglickers around the world, that's okay. Try to take some culture, and that's apparently wrong.

stratochief

Nominee Member
Jul 1, 2005
I don't complain Canada has no culture. I know it has no culture and that's not a complaint. The last thing I want is a 'national culture' that is phony and reflects some non-reality envisioned by the nabobs in the cultural ministry in Ottawa.

As a Quebecois who immigrated to Alberta the similarity in culture of the two societies is almost ZIP...much greater difference than between Alberta and the Western USA.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: 'Canadians will fall

Nobody said that culture had to be homogenous, Stratochief. The complaints over Clarkson's spending centre on her junkets with artists and writers. She took people from all over Canada with her on those.

stratochief

Nominee Member
Jul 1, 2005
It's a bit sad that it's 2005 and Canadians never matured beyond the point of deference to unelected authority. No wonder Canada never made it as a nation. Big Brother is alive and well and living in Ottawa...via authority of Big Brother in London.

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
Nope but i can bet she's not eating macoroni or wearing clothes from thrift stores :lol: Enlighten me Rev :wink: