'Canadians will fall in love' with new governor general

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Numure said:
Jay said:
mrmom2 said:
I say quit wasting tax money on this bullshit position to begin with :x

Hmmm...I thought you liked Old World policies....

I like the position, I just don't think the CBC should be a breeding ground for the job....and the position should be filled by someone born in the country. Etc.

Hah thats funny. Then conservatives say they arnt racist.

You're going to have to qualify that statement.

manda

Council Member
Jul 3, 2005
swirling in the abyss of nowhere la
I've just decided to reserve judgement until I see her in action....I doubt that she can screw the government up any worse than it's done to itself, and i hope that she is a refreshing breath into the dinosaurs up in Ottawa right now

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Re: RE: 'Canadians will fall in love' with new governor gene

manda said:
I've just decided to reserve judgement until I see her in action....I doubt that she can screw the government up any worse than it's done to itself, and i hope that she is a refreshing breath into the dinosaurs up in Ottawa right now

I'd like to see her in action also :p

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Reverend Blair said:
My grandfather's (the German people) then moved back to the US for a time (mostly Pennsylvania), then settled in Saskatchewan during the early 1900's.

So you're part of that "Pennsylvania Dutch" group?

Many, many Canadians have gotten here since. If you are going to try to be more Canadian than any of us based on when your family got here, you should likely give everything you own to the nearest native band, Jay. They were here before you, after all.

Why do I have to give away all my stuff?

Is that from Stockwell Day's version of history? Human remains that predate the ice-age are spread all over Europe and Asia.

I didn't know he had a version of history.....I wish I had that kinda time on my hands.

You know exactly what I mean though....let's take it one step further for you're benefit....we all came out of Africa, right?

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
So you're part of that "Pennsylvania Dutch" group?

Not really...they kind of got there late. My great grandfather came west, most of the rest settled in Ontario eventually.

Why do I have to give away all my stuff?

If you quit tryin to claim that you are somehow more Canadian based on when you family got here, you don't.

I didn't know he had a version of history.....I wish I had that kinda time on my hands.

He doesn't really...he has a misperception of history based on his religious beliefs.

You know exactly what I mean though....let's take it one step further for you're benefit....we all came out of Africa, right?

We did, according to the available scientific evidence. You are trying to take an argument to an extreme to prove an illegitimate point though. There is a huge difference between ancient history and modern history. There were different social mores and little recognition of the equality between people.

manda

Council Member
Jul 3, 2005
swirling in the abyss of nowhere la

I think not said:
manda said:

ha ha ha ha ha :roll: funny guy....of course her job has no bearing on you so you could very well hope that she turns up in a XXX film 'government gone wild, stronach and Jean"

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Numure said:
Jay said:
Yes I am french.

Ahh was asking myself. No one can say their family has been in Canada for more then 150 years if they arnt french, or Natives.

That is pretty much how I understand it too.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Unless you count Upper and Lower Canada....and the province of Canada.

There is lot of history in this country.....

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire

manda said:
I think not said:
manda said:

ha ha ha ha ha :roll: funny guy....of course her job has no bearing on you so you could very well hope that she turns up in a XXX film 'government gone wild, stronach and Jean"

I could always be goodwill ambassador and take her out to dinner :D

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
That might make her reconsider taking the position...good idea ITN.

Numure

Council Member
Apr 30, 2004
Montréal, Québec
Re: RE: 'Canadians will fall

Reverend Blair said:
Actually, if you want to get picky, nobody can say their family has been in Canada more than 138 years.

Before Conquest, the people that colinised the northern part of New France (Québec) Considered themselves Canadian, and called the land Canada. The name didnt pop out of no where.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
It's too bad things worked out they way they did....there should be a New France.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Before Conquest, the people that colinised the northern part of New France (Québec) Considered themselves Canadian, and called the land Canada. The name didnt pop out of no where.

That may be, Numure, but if you tell an American that we sparked up the White House during the War of 1812, they quickly point out that it was the British, since Canada didn't exist until 1867. Obviously they can't have it both ways. :wink:

At any rate, the length of time anybody or anybody's ancestors have been here is completely immaterial. Either you are a Canadian or you are not.
At some point in the future some idiot is going to take that out of context. I just thought I'd tell that as yet unknown idiot that they can kiss my ass.

Martin Le Acadien

Electoral Member
Sep 29, 2004
Province perdue du Canada, Louisian
Numure said:
Jay said:
Reverend Blair said:
I think you should have to be born here to hold the position though. Just my opinion….

Why? We are a nation of immigrants. Wouldn't a PM who has had the same experience as millions of Canadians be a good PM?

I didn't immigrate here....my family has been on this soil for over 300 years....No one lived in Europe during the ice age either, are they all nations of immigrants too? I don't buy into that line of thinking.

Your french?

Mine has been here since 1652.

Les Pitres des 1632, Canada et Louisiane.

However, the original owners did get a bad deal for their real estate transactions, C'est le temps pour an Lesion beyond moiety o Un vente a remere! 8O