Canadian Mail Man Complains About Religiously Offensive Mail

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Truth hurts.. ;)

Pierre Elliott Trudeau liked the Communists at the time, he apparently believed Hitler wasn't that bad.

Pierre Elliott Trudeau, led a Communist delegation at Moscow in 1952. Québécois, calling for a Communist state of Quebec.

Dammit Boom!... Will you please refrain from identifying those little inconvenient truths.

makes it even more difficult for the usual suspects to fabricate their unique realities

Yes and no. CP has rules and policies in place as far as what can and cannot be delivered. Have you read them all?

It is the job of the delivery personnel to 'deliver' the items. Another group within Can Post are the ones that make the determination on how to interpret free speech and the Charter

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
It is the job of the delivery personnel to 'deliver' the items. Another group within Can Post are the ones that make the determination on how to interpret free speech and the Charter

I haven't read any of CPs policies or procedures on that matter. You obviously have. Can you supply a link to them?

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Cons offended by people being offended.

It's the gift that just keeps on giving.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Lol

Oh yea you've set so many people straight.

That's why this continues to be a problem for you lol

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Oh yea you've set so many people straight.

Well, lets hear your insightful comments on the OP then.

Any thoughts on the legality, the 'division of labour' (re: determination of appropriateness of the materials) and/or the 'individual rights' of the Posties as it applies to a paid service for which they are compensated?

(PS - You might even condescend to recognize the 'rights' of the customers in this situation)

Yeah, I thought not

That's why this continues to be a problem for you lol

lol indeed, yet I am not the one that is posting multiple threads daily whining about the current (non) issues

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I'm curious, did anyone link to the article and then follow the link to this "flyer" that is being complained about? I will lay odds that very few, if any, of you did. It's not a "flyer", it's a damn multi page newspaper. For this moron to have found the stuff he was complaining about he would have had to sit down and read the damn thing, instead of doing his job and just delivering it.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Finally was able to talk to my daughter about this. Her and her Husband are Canada Post carriers. She has said that as carriers, no they can not decide what does or does not get delivered. The only say they have is if it is a danger to their health or welfare. As in personal safety, dogs, un shoveled snow, etc.

They are also not supposed to read the mail they are delivering. In Vancouver, a carrier was fired for reading peoples magazines that he was supposed to be delivering.

This is all from a Postie.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Finally was able to talk to my daughter about this. Her and her Husband are Canada Post carriers. She has said that as carriers, no they can not decide what does or does not get delivered. The only say they have is if it is a danger to their health or welfare. As in personal safety, dogs, un shoveled snow, etc.

They are also not supposed to read the mail they are delivering. In Vancouver, a carrier was fired for reading peoples magazines that he was supposed to be delivering.

This is all from a Postie.

Well that's not going to mean anything. For goodness sakes, did you not read the title, someone was offended.

Offended
. Nothing is more important than that!!!!!

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario