Canadian doughnuts, singers and actors

Diamond Sun

Council Member
Jun 11, 2004
Within arms reach of the new baby..
RE: online/offline icons

Michael J Fox is a trooper. Pamela is a joke. Donald is a pillar of stoic silence. And Dan Akroyd, well, he's a funny guy. Most of our Canadians we are proud of, just not the ones that sell out (ie Shania Twain)

LadyC

Time Out
Sep 3, 2004
the left coast
Re: online/offline icons

I like Shania, and my daughter absolutely loves her. She's also a fan of Avril Lavigne, Paul Brandt and Nickleback, too. It's a little disconcerting to hear an 8 year old sing some of the lyrics though. 8O

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Just had to split these topics as they have nothing to do with nipple/possessed-online/offline heads :)

Diamond Sun

Council Member
Jun 11, 2004
Okay. I liked Shania way back in her first two albums. Her latest though it such a huge step away from what she was doing before. The pop country corossover thing is just not cool, at least in my books.

Lady. I LOVE Paul Brandt!

(oh, and I see Andem didn't like us hijacking the online/offline thread, so he gave us one of our own...how nice!)

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Diamond, you're Obsessive Compulsive now! I'm sure you can understand the need to keep things in order, being a fellow OCD!

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
tap tap on diamonds shoulder...excuse me but

rolling eyes* Bryan Adams? Bryan Adams is only idolized by prepubescent girls, and my mom

Please step outside... :p

LadyC

Time Out
Sep 3, 2004
the left coast
Splitting the thread is so confusing. I'd say you're not so much OCD, Andem as decidedly anal. :? Just leave us alone and let us ramble on as we please. :p

I've seen Paul Brandt in concert - wow! If ever you get a chance, go. The guy is amazing, not only his songs but his rapport with the audience.

And so proudly Canadian, too. :wink:

LadyC

Time Out
Sep 3, 2004
the left coast
I agree, peapod - Bryan has earned any and all adulation bestowed on him - and I've thought that since I was a prepubescent girl myself.
;)

Diamond Sun

Council Member
Jun 11, 2004
LadyC said:
I've seen Paul Brandt in concert - wow! If ever you get a chance, go. The guy is amazing, not only his songs but his rapport with the audience.

And so proudly Canadian, too. :wink:

That's partly why I like him, he is so proud of being Canadian. And his voice is unbelievable. I'd love to see him in concert. My MIL got my BIL tickets last year, but for some reason didn't get me any. She is so on the sh*t list!

Diamond Sun

Council Member
Jun 11, 2004
Re: RE: Canadian doughnuts, singers and actors

LadyC said:
Oh, she won't be alone, Diamond...
;)

Hmmm. It may be time to rephrase my dissing of Bryan Adams. Rick, I may have been wrong. I may be the only one in Canada that doesn't like him. But I also live in a bizarre little white house up a hill, and base my self esteem on my current Canadian Content title...

Canada loves Bryan Adams. And so they should. :)

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
thats right I won't be alone....I will have my little gaggle of peapod protectors with me. I am not stupid enough to pick a fight with someone unless there is somebody behind me to take care of them :p

Rick van Opbergen

House Member
Sep 16, 2004
The Netherlands
www.google.com
Oh Nickleback is nice too, I like some of their songs, yeah that's something to be proud of as a Canadian ... I guess ... and Avril Lavigne: hmmm dunno, after two years or so I get the feeling all her songs are essentially the same ... oh wait I know another Canadian you can be proud of: Nelly Furtado.

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
Re: online/offline icons

galianomama said:
sorry about the news hag, although i really wasn't surprised. :cry:

what's next on your agenda? a bombing perhaps?

Hey! Galianomama! Nice to see you. Yeah, the news really sucks, especially when it keeps getting worse, even after the election. I was pretty pathetically naive to think Kerry would get in with a landslide, huh?

My agenda fails me at the moment, I've really been spinning my wheels since Tuesday!