Canadian Anti-Tank Weapon

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
It is a small clip that says they are French but in actuallity they are Canadian soldiers. They are firing an anti-tank missile and after the

"Stand by!"

The soldier pulls the trigger and the missile plops out of the tube and falls right in front of them smoking. They all let out a yell and start running away.

Hahahahahhhahhahahhahahhahhahahhhahhahthanks:wave:christ I want faster interweb(copyrite fatbasturd)

thomaska

Council Member
May 24, 2006
Great Satan
Ok... let us go with that for a bit. How did we not do well in Vietnam? We held Khe Sahn, we took back the city of Hue from 2 Divisions of NVA using a few battalions. Where is it written that Marines didn't do well in Nam.

And today in Iraq... the Marines went straight up the gut and was in Baghdad long ahead of schedule. And what about Fallujah... the supposed Graveyard of Americans. Taken well ahead of schedule. If you think it is all due to air power you are lacking knowledge of how the war is being fought and I suggest you read a book instead of just firing from the hip. Try the book "No True Glory" about the Marines in Fallujah.

If it was only that easy to bomb every square foot and then go in and count body parts. However that is not the way it is done. That is just the way folks like you say it is done because you really do not have any real knowledge on war fighting. It makes you feel good because you lack what we have and aren't who we are and are a bit envious.

Let me sum it up. Read up about the Marines in these two wars and then come back to me and point out how the Marines screwed up.

About the video...I kept waiting for a big white flag to fly out...like a big gag toy gun.

I didn't even know Canada had infantry...:)

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
If it was only that easy to bomb every square foot and then go in and count body parts. However that is not the way it is done. That is just the way folks like you say it is done because you really do not have any real knowledge on war fighting. It makes you feel good because you lack what we have and aren't who we are and are a bit envious.

Give your head a shake! Iraq was bombed almost daily for about twelve years. By the time Iraq was invaded they had no infrastructure left and few weapons worth noting but a few rusting tanks, no artillery to speak of., and no Airforce. A mighty enemy no doubt.

I was a fighter pilot for five years and although we didn't have a war to go to, I know enough about tactics to tell you a thing or two. Canada's record in every major war she's been in has been superb. But if you have any clue at all you will know that.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
Americans who took part in the destruction of Falluja will be tried for war crimes or there is no justice in the world, I'v read about it, the siege was brutal, phospherous weapons were used, civilians were shot by snipers, ambulances were tageted entire blocks of houses were vaporized from airstrikes, food and medical attention was kept from the survivours, permission to bury the dead was denied males from young teens to old men were arrested and imprisoned. Yeh. American heros, screw them all.

dude1981

Feb 9, 2007
LONDON, ON.
Americans who took part in the destruction of Falluja will be tried for war crimes or there is no justice in the world, I'v read about it, the siege was brutal, phospherous weapons were used, civilians were shot by snipers, ambulances were tageted entire blocks of houses were vaporized from airstrikes, food and medical attention was kept from the survivours, permission to bury the dead was denied males from young teens to old men were arrested and imprisoned. Yeh. American heros, screw them all.

Do you really think they'll get tried?Americans think everything they do is ok.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
No insult there......things do misfire, and getting the hell out of the way is the only thing to do.....

BTW, in the most friendly way, I would pit the best of Canada's infantry men against the best of the USA's infantry in a moment, man for man, and we would win. Every time.

Pound for pound, the British military - especially the Royal Navy - is the most formidable fighting machine on Earth.

The Americans only win wars not because they are good at fighting them, but through sheer numbers and huge amounts of weaponry.

But the British are much more highly-trained than the Americans and in wars use more cunning and tactics. The British have a history of defeating an enemy that has vastly outnumbered them, but I can never see the Yanks defeating an enemy that vastly outnumbers them.

normbc9

Electoral Member
Nov 23, 2006
California
You just had achance to see superior weaponry developed by those who should be speaking German right now in the shadow of the Arc'd Triumph but for the sake of the British, Canadian and US heroes who sent them home packing. Just consider a place overrun by Germany twice, and then taken over by the North African Muslims too. Did you really expect that weapon to work??

normbc9

Electoral Member
Nov 23, 2006
California
I'm a former US military commissioned officer and I have to agree with you. The Canadian military person is more disciplined, self reliant, resopectful and enduring too. When they find themselves in a difficult situation they work their way out of without superior numbers or weaponry. The leadership is sensible, analytical and patient too. Those are admirable qualities in a field level commander. If there ever is another world conflict and I was called on to serve I'd head for Canada right away.

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
Their weapons were actually inferior in that war, to the Krauts anyways.

Had numbers, but had grit too. Lets not piss on the sacrifices of any good men.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Give your head a shake! Iraq was bombed almost daily for about twelve years. By the time Iraq was invaded they had no infrastructure left and few weapons worth noting but a few rusting tanks, no artillery to speak of., and no Airforce. A mighty enemy no doubt.

I was a fighter pilot for five years and although we didn't have a war to go to, I know enough about tactics to tell you a thing or two. Canada's record in every major war she's been in has been superb. But if you have any clue at all you will know that.

Well no... Iraq was not bombed daily for twelve years. Clinton hardly touched Iraq save for a couple of runs against an anti-aircraft site after they lit up. But you make up things and spew garbage on a daily basis so I am not surprised.

Canada's record has been superb? Are you serious? They have been nothing but replacement troops for the British. Canada always drones on how they entered WWII before the US. However in reality Canadian troops did not see any major action until 1943 in Italy. That was two years after the US entered the war. However you can count Dieppi and the surrender of Hong Kong to your string of superb victories. Canadian troops played an active role in those.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Pound for pound, the British military - especially the Royal Navy - is the most formidable fighting machine on Earth.

The Americans only win wars not because they are good at fighting them, but through sheer numbers and huge amounts of weaponry.

But the British are much more highly-trained than the Americans and in wars use more cunning and tactics. The British have a history of defeating an enemy that has vastly outnumbered them, but I can never see the Yanks defeating an enemy that vastly outnumbers them.

Yaaaaaaaaaawn. Good Ol' Blackleaf.

The Americans beat you w/o sheer numbers or advanced weaponry.

I would like to know this history of beating forces that vastly outnumber them.

The Royal Navy is a shadow of what it once was. The Argentinians sunk how many ships? Five? Yes five... SUNK. They were sunk by Vietnam era A-4 Skyhawks using primitive tactics save for the Sheffield that was hit by a French exocet which is embarrassing enough.

Keep dreaming Blackleaf... there is a reason why British troops are in Southern Iraq instead of the Anbar Province.

The sun set on the British Empire many years ago.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

Keep dreaming Beav. You have only read the propaganda.

The siege was brutal... did you want it to be nice?

The snipers were a terror because they were sniping insurgents the whole time. Then when they get to the hospital (usually the morgue) you have a camera there with some reporter saying

"Another casualty has arrived... he is a victim of a US Sniper... he has no weapon."

Well NOOOOOOOOOOOO kidding. Do you think an insurgent yells to the medics

"Oooo... wait... he forgot his weapon."

The US Marines kicked butt the good old fashioned way and won. Read the book "No True Glory" instead of your silly web pages that have never had a good thing to say about the US.

That is why all they do is IEDs these days.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
It always amazes me there are some real people who would love to see Canada and the U.S. go at it - even militarily

Is this really the best thing for either nation?

You write as if you would like to see the U.S. on its knees - wiped out by anyone who has an opportunity to do so.... and then Canada would..... would..... what would Canada would ???????

I feel so sorry for you .... what ugly thoughts you have...

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Well no... Iraq was not bombed daily for twelve years. Clinton hardly touched Iraq save for a couple of runs against an anti-aircraft site after they lit up. But you make up things and spew garbage on a daily basis so I am not surprised.

Canada's record has been superb? Are you serious? They have been nothing but replacement troops for the British. Canada always drones on how they entered WWII before the US. However in reality Canadian troops did not see any major action until 1943 in Italy. That was two years after the US entered the war. However you can count Dieppi and the surrender of Hong Kong to your string of superb victories. Canadian troops played an active role in those.

LOL Eaglesmack

- there are some very bitter corkers posting on Canadian forums who always bring up the late entry into WWII.... you should read some of the trash I've seen about the selection of the beaches at Normandie - how the U.S. took the easiest ones..... amazing stuff.....

I have always wondered who started this crap and why this garbage was implanted. If the U.S. manages to maintain Canada in friendship, cooperation and trade, it will be a miracle...it seems it isn't what Canadians want any more.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Secret Air War
Michael Smith
THE American general who commanded allied air forces during the Iraq war appears to have admitted in a briefing to American and British officers that coalition aircraft waged a secret air war against Iraq from the middle of 2002, nine months before the invasion began.

Addressing a briefing on lessons learnt from the Iraq war Lieutenant-General Michael Moseley said that in 2002 and early 2003 allied aircraft flew 21,736 sorties, dropping more than 600 tons of bombs on 391 “carefully selected targets” before the war officially started.

The nine months of allied raids “laid the foundations” for the allied victory, Moseley said. They ensured that allied forces did not have to start the war with a protracted bombardment of Iraqi positions.

If those raids exceeded the need to maintain security in the no-fly zones of southern and northern Iraq, they would leave President George W Bush and Tony Blair vulnerable to allegations that they had acted illegally.

Moseley’s remarks have emerged after reports in The Sunday Times that showed an increase in allied bombing in southern Iraq was described in leaked minutes of a meeting of the war cabinet as “spikes of activity to put pressure on the regime”.

Moseley told the briefing at Nellis airbase in Nevada on July 17, 2003, that the raids took place under cover of patrols of the southern no-fly zone; their purpose was ostensibly to protect the ethnic minorities.

A leaked memo previously disclosed by The Sunday Times, detailing a meeting chaired by the prime minister and attended by Jack Straw, the foreign secretary, Geoff Hoon, the then defence secretary, and Admiral Sir Michael Boyce, chief of defence staff, indicated that the US was carrying out the bombing.

But Moseley’s remarks, and figures for the amount of bombs dropped in southern Iraq during 2002, indicate that the RAF was taking as large a part in the bombing as American aircraft.

No matter how you cut it, the Iraq invasion was, and is, a filthy oil war, not a liberation.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
LOL Eaglesmack

- there are some very bitter corkers posting on Canadian forums who always bring up the late entry into WWII.... you should read some of the trash I've seen about the selection of the beaches at Normandie - how the U.S. took the easiest ones..... amazing stuff.....

I have always wondered who started this crap and why this garbage was implanted. If the U.S. manages to maintain Canada in friendship, cooperation and trade, it will be a miracle...it seems it isn't what Canadians want any more.

You constantly label anything criticle of the US as bitterness, you always consider evidence as propaganda. The miracle of cooperation friendship and trade you speak of is more often than not a nightmare to many of the people on the planet. Don't blame the present position your adopted country finds itself in on the rest of the world, you can't change America's future by making us see
the dreamworld you see. America has consistantly chosen war over diplomacy and fantasy over reality, theft over commerce, the peril to America is internal not some forigne potentate or ragged band of rebels.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Sorry Beaver

From what I have seen you write, I'm not really interested in your opinions.

If you object to my posts - we're even.

Last edited: