Canada To Join Missile Defense

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
I've warned Canadians not to get any closer to the USA. But you folks just won't listen. Now Canada has decided to merge itself further into the American Empire. Read it and weep for who you folks once were.

OTTAWA — Canadian military officials are trying to revive a plan to install a high-tech radar system at Goose Bay as an offering to the U.S. for Canadian participation in the Pentagon’s missile shield.
The debate over Canada’s potential involvement in the missile defence shield was back in the news last week, with Public Safety Minister Vic Toews commenting on a television talk show that a broader discussion was needed on the issue. Toews declined to comment on news reports Canada was looking at various options on how it could contribute.
Speaking in the Commons last week, Defence Minister Peter MacKay would not rule out any future involvement, saying: “We have, in the past... consistently reviewed our security policies with a mind to ensuring that Canadians were protected at home and abroad.”
U.S. officials have said there have been no recent discussions with Canadian representatives about the missile defence shield, but that’s because Canada is still gathering information for various options it hopes to present to the U.S. government.
A radar located at CFB Goose Bay, NL would have an advantage over other sensors as it would be able to give several minutes more advance warning of a missile attack on North America’s eastern seaboard.
One of the top options is reviving a 2005 proposal that federal government and aerospace industry representatives were moving on shortly before then-Prime Minister Paul Martin announced Canada would not take part in the American missile defence system. That proposal centred on the installation of an X-Band radar for surveillance missions and to provide another set of eyes for the Pentagon’s shield. Such a radar on the East Coast could detect an incoming rocket fired from the Middle East.

Read more: Defence officials eyeing Goose Bay for U.S. missile shield radar site

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
"If human equality is to be for ever averted - if the High, as we have called them, are to keep their places permanently - then the prevailing mental condition must be controlled insanity" -- George Orwell 1984

If those people get their way the Canadian identity and consciousness will wither and die as Canada is overwhelmed by ignorant, unskilled and impoverished Amerikans and Mexicans.

Those people have had their way for a very long time. Now they are desperate to preserve their privileged existence even at the cost of billions of innocent lives.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
I said 'in principle', because the devil is always in the details.

Yes I know that, being short on principles myself I was just using your fine post to fatten my thin offering.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
I've warned Canadians not to get any closer to the USA. But you folks just won't listen. Now Canada has decided to merge itself further into the American Empire. Read it and weep for who you folks once were.

Maybe you should have sent a memo to the PMO. :p

GreenFish66

House Member
Apr 16, 2008
www.myspace.com
Now why would anyone want to bomb Canada?...Where would "THEY" choose to bomb?..Toronto, by New York?...Vancouver, by California?...N.W.T By ...Alaska?...How long would it take to initiate a defensive response?...What would be the consequences of any such action against the aggressor, in this new age of global connectedness?

Start asking questions like these and we find it is in no ones interest to bomb anyone.

Except, perhaps...maybe, in some radical rogue rebel groups interest.Just to make a statement...Then they would be erased.

That's why it is important to monitor all dangerous materials..Ensure stable, open, democratic(?) governments/governance.