Bush’s Iraq syndrome

American Voice

Council Member
Jun 4, 2004
Kyle, they're not "gone;" they've won. They're in charge. "They" will deliver the mail, collect the garbage, see that water is pumped, that the light comes on when you flick the toggle, collect the taxes, and the kickbacks from the civil servants and contractors to whom various and sundry contracts are steered. That's democracy, my friend. It's good ol' redneck-style American democracy! That's the way!! Harness local corruption. No, it isn't "divide and conquer." No, no, no. It's the British imperial model: unite irreconcilable parties under a single colonial administration. The gravy train for the privileged few doesn't run without the foreign occupier. Marvelous fun!!! American taxpayers will be required to underwrite the payment of the interest on the loans that fund what appears to the gullible locals to be an improvement in their standard of living. And the new Iraqi republic would never--and I mean NEVER--consider tossing bombs at Israel.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Ahah! That image is very funny twist on President Bush, moghrabi. I should print that and give it to some of my friends, however uninterested a lot of my friends would we, hehe.

cookies

Jun 1, 2004
www.cellphones.ca
10% of Powerful and Biased Americans = DINKS.

Well, the Americans think that they're the great ones... Well, think again which country is in deficit now with $5.2 Trillion in one term of their president's "choice"... We gave them sympathy for the so-called "terrorist" attack. Bush just had to play the arrogance game and lose all the sympathy and create uproar. Well, whatever... Accept it... Biased or Unbiased Powerful or Powerless Americans are hated all over the Globe... Nobody harbours "terrorist" but the AMERICANS...

That's my side of opinion... Think I'm a racist? Think again pricks...

American Voice

Council Member
Jun 4, 2004
Quite the enfant terrible, there, eh, Cookie? You're a spammer, the lowest form of vermin on the globe today. And speaking as an American, I'M NOT IMPRESSED by your tantrum. Are you ".ca" = Canada, or ".ca" = California? Get away, dude. Buzz off. Get a girlfriend. (Oh, Jeez, I better append a smilie, so he don't think I'm trippin' mad, or somethin'.) :lol: [/list]

cookies

Jun 1, 2004
www.cellphones.ca
Well, it's pointless to argue... I think you are reasonably educated to argue.. FYI I didn't post my comment to impress arrogance... Whatever you might say that's your opinion not mine...

Koga Ringo

Jun 9, 2004
I disagree with the statement no WOMD were found, I think they got the big one. Suddam.
Although, I am not a full Bush fan either, I just think sometimes, crazy dictators come to power and need to be stopped before 'destroying the world'.

Some might say this about Bush himself, and really, one must keep in mind he doesn not kill dozens of citizens who are only guilty of disagreeing with his ways in mass shootings, and he does not gas towns to test the power of his bioloical weapons.

And about that, there may have been none found, but the UN weren't allowed in for weeks, and because the UN is too afraid of angering other nations instead of doing there jobs and checking for WOMD, the US had to do there job by going in without authorization.
Only then, did Suddam allow them in, but it was too late.
The US wasn't in the mood to let Suddam walk all over them and still seem to be in power of the situation, and claim to be the victim.

If he didn't have WOMD, why didn't he let them in right away?
I think it is against the UN regulations to not allow them in, and what did the UN do?
Nothing.
They proved the power of the UN right there.
"Go ahead, walk all over us, we don't care"

Us and Britain were the only ones that didn't sit on their a$$es and do nothing as Suddam makes the world appear foolish.

But should human lives be worth looking foolish?

Well, Suddam was killing people before this whole war started.

I think the only ones that get a say would be the victims.
If the victims of Suddams leadership want change, then it should be allowed for US to go in and stop him, because they don't have the freedom we do. They get absolutly no say in who is their leader.

About the oil thing.
Yes, I believe Bush is going in there for the oil.
But he isn't necessarily packing it up, and taking off. What he is doing is settign up a Government who trades the oil to him, and him alone. Therefore, America gets much needed oil, and Ieaq rakes in the American cash.
It's a bonus for both countries, but is it worth the lost lives?

People were dying way before this war from religous wars and family fueds. Not including the hundreds lost from psychotic leader rants.

All in all, the invasion of Ieaq seemed to be the greatest, worse event they have ever faced.

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
The americans made this tyrrant. When they are done with him they have to remove him by all means. He was paid, supported, aidded and helped by USA. Same as Pinochet and Aristede and Noriega. This is how the US work. Make them your friends when you need them and then shoot them in the head when you are done with them.

Koga Ringo

Jun 9, 2004
That does seem to be true, but what you are doing is steriotyping Americans stating they will ALL do that. And its the AMERICAN way.
They may have done this in the past, but im sure they are not alone in making mistakes.
Im sure even you have made a good few in your life, and thats what I am getting at.
Hopefully they have learned from there past mustakes (Alkida, Suddam) and won't invent terrorist parties for short term assistance, and long term war.
We have yet to determine.

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
You have to allow me to say that yes it is an American thing. You made all these terrorist. From the past I listed above and new ones such as Bin Laden. They supported him against the Soviets. He was their baby. He knew his turn is coming and paid back before they pay him. I am against what he did but this is how is game is played.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Sorry to jump into your one on one conversation here... but the American way is as moghrabi stated it, and as you stated it has been in the past.

The United States will still support terrorist roots if it's in their best interests. They will support brutal governments as long as it's in their best interests. Look at China for god's sake! They open up their economy to the world's cheapest labour and capitalisation by American corporations, and now they're the good guys.

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
exactly my point, Andem. If North Korea opens up to the US tomorrow and give the US some to serve their best interest, I bet 1 to a million tha North Korea will be the US friend before sunset.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Then there's all those little countries that nobody ever pays attention to. Uzbekistan is run by a brutal dictator. He is likely o become the next Saddam Hussein. He is Bush's friend right now.

American Voice

Council Member
Jun 4, 2004
An American thing? Try calling it an Anglo-Saxon thing. If Bush is kicking Shiites in the nuts, Blair is standing there holding his coat while he does. Old money rules America, and the oldest money here is Anglo-Saxon money. I have nothing against money per se, but it frequently seems that old money gets old by being incestuous. Take our governor, for example. Inbred moron, but he IS the governor, and probably will be senator when he comes up in the rotation. It's an Anglo-Saxon thing.