Britain to go on mission to the Moon by 2010

mapleleafgirl

Electoral Member
Dec 13, 2006
windsor,ontario
This is a bit off topic, but I have seen more young people in Canada in favor of the monarchy than not.

i doubt it. i dont know anyone at my school who likes the queen. most teenagers think shes an overblown rich lady with a stupid family. i am pretty sure well get rid of them in our time.

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005
i agree. its so bland and everything boiled and terrible. their sweets are great though, which explains why they all have such bad teeth.

1. My teeth are perfectly white thank you very much, probably whiter than yours...although I do look after them, floss, wash and clean them twice a day, Although I admit to having 2 veneers because of an accident...although they are gleaming white.

Also, that's a disgusting generalisation. The fact that supposedly all English have yellow teeth is rubbish (there are plenty of bucked and yellow teeth people in Canada and the US you know?..probably just as many).

And on to the "Bitish food sux" answer, well, I suppose we can't beat the culinary delights of Grits, Hamburger and fries, Poutine, Pot Pies, S'mores, Buckwheat, Gizzards....lol, most countries in EUROPE can critisise British food, but not North America, your stuff is much, much worse.

I think your very wrong in your random generalisations of my country....any idea why the Canadian flag is red and white?.

fuzzylogix

Council Member
Apr 7, 2006
in asking your question, you made me realize that i had no blasted idea what role the queen serves, for us, or for the other countries to which she is queen. it was never really covered in school to the depth that i have found it covered here, and i thought it might interest you to read through some of the arguments for a constitutional monarchy.

http://pages.interlog.com/~rakhshan/parg.html#2

Um.... In case you haven't noticed, this is on paper only. We are run by our prime minister who is associated with a particular party which we presumably have voted for. The Queen is a figurehead.

fuzzylogix

Council Member
Apr 7, 2006
i doubt it. i dont know anyone at my school who likes the queen. most teenagers think shes an overblown rich lady with a stupid family. i am pretty sure well get rid of them in our time.

Ah, yeah, I haven't noticed my friends getting out on Victoria Day and celebrating the Queen. I am not sure what type of Queen ITN is talking about.

fuzzylogix

Council Member
Apr 7, 2006
1. My teeth are perfectly white thank you very much, probably whiter than yours...although I do look after them, floss, wash and clean them twice a day, Although I admit to having 2 veneers because of an accident...although they are gleaming white.

Also, that's a disgusting generalisation. The fact that supposedly all English have yellow teeth is rubbish (there are plenty of bucked and yellow teeth people in Canada and the US you know?..probably just as many).

And on to the "Bitish food sux" answer, well, I suppose we can't beat the culinary delights of Grits, Hamburger and fries, Poutine, Pot Pies, S'mores, Buckwheat, Gizzards....lol, most countries in EUROPE can critisise British food, but not North America, your stuff is much, much worse.

I think your very wrong in your random generalisations of my country....any idea why the Canadian flag is red and white?.

Me thinks he doth protest too much! (Shakespeare- a famous English author)

m_levesque

Electoral Member
Dec 18, 2006
Montreal, Quebec
Me thinks he doth protest too much! (Shakespeare- a famous English author)

Indeed, they are one of the most arrogant races on the planet. To the topic of this thread, I hope they all go to the moon and create their Britannia up there! Leave Paul McCartney and Elton John though, I like their music:)

m_levesque

Electoral Member
Dec 18, 2006
Montreal, Quebec
Ah, yeah, I haven't noticed my friends getting out on Victoria Day and celebrating the Queen. I am not sure what type of Queen ITN is talking about.

I taught for several years at the high school level , up until 1999 anyway. I noticed a trend against royalty and the monarchy in general each year I taught. I would rarely think most Canadian teenagers are fond of the Queen or the monarchy itself, at least here in Quebec anyway:)

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!

that's just what most kids in england think. A lot of the adults too, but we still love her. Thing is, monarchy might be a bad thing, but not when elizabeth does the job. she's a good old girl and long may she live cos we're screwed when charlie comes up

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
if it makes u feel any better my teeth are quite yellow, and a bit smashed up too. but i plan to use my new canadian dental plan to help deal with it. :D

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
I'm not surprised. The teeth of the British are much healthier than their Canadian and American counterparts despite the inaccurate jokes that those two nations make about our teeth and, overall, we are healthier than Americans and Canadians even though we drink more alcohol and smoke more. So how do you explain that?

The US spends twice as much as the British on healthcare but Britain's National Health Service ranks 50 places higher than the US health service.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Thing is, monarchy might be a bad thing,

How? For some reason you get it into your head that the monarchy is a bad thing, even though Britain has had a monarchy for other 1000 years and the average Brit is freer than your average American or Frenchman.

How is a Monarchy a bad thing?

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
i said it MIGHT. britain is a free country i admit, but that might be just luck. after all we've had some pretty nice monarchs recently. compared to henry VIII for instance. Imagine if we had someone like him again. or an idiot like charles. Thing is monarchy is a good thing only when the monarch isnt a blithering idiot or an angry bastard

fuzzylogix

Council Member
Apr 7, 2006
I'm not surprised. The teeth of the British are much healthier than their Canadian and American counterparts despite the inaccurate jokes that those two nations make about our teeth and, overall, we are healthier than Americans and Canadians even though we drink more alcohol and smoke more. So how do you explain that?

The US spends twice as much as the British on healthcare but Britain's National Health Service RANKS 50 places higher than the US health service.

rank (rangk) having a strong, unpleasant smell or taste; coarse, not decent

fuzzylogix

Council Member
Apr 7, 2006
i said it MIGHT. britain is a free country i admit, but that might be just luck. after all we've had some pretty nice monarchs recently. compared to henry VIII for instance. Imagine if we had someone like him again. or an idiot like charles. Thing is monarchy is a good thing only when the monarch isnt a blithering idiot or an angry bastard

Queen Camilla, Camilla the Queen
Ugliest horseface we've ever seen
Amoral witch whose husband agreed
To let Charlie sleep over
And commit dirty deeds.

King Charlie, Charlie the King
Always out for a quick naughty fling
Rather resembles the tampons he craved
Thank God for William
And the crown that he's saved.

And so on.

darleneonfire

Electoral Member
Jan 12, 2007
Ontario
How very exciting to think that Britain will take part in this venture. Nice to see someone else involved besides the Americans and the Russians!