Britain to go on mission to the Moon by 2010

mapleleafgirl

Electoral Member
Dec 13, 2006
windsor,ontario
and to reply to the "what has Britain done in the past 100 years" rubbish......we fought, and many of us died to save the free world, keep the candle light of democracy alive in Europe, quietly dismantled our empire in the nicest possible way anyone could, gave the British people the FIRST universally free from Cradle-to-Grave healthcare system.

not much eh?.

oh and you know what Prime minister Lloyd George used to called King George?...."my little German".

Daz

(and actually, I have a Canadian work permit, but am in England recieving top-class healthcare! :) )

yeah, thats right, you were doing a great job in the war-thank god you had canadians and americans to keep you from getting taken over.otherwise youd all be speaking german now when you were drinking your tea.

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005
yeah, thats right, you were doing a great job in the war-thank god you had canadians and americans to keep you from getting taken over.otherwise youd all be speaking german now when you were drinking your tea.

You can carry on with those stereotypes if you wish, but actually:

1. a fair percentage of the English language is german, due to the fact it's a germanic language (and besides which, Hitler wasnt really interested in taking over Bbritain...he was actually one of our biggest fans, do some reading).

2. Have you stepped outside your door lately????.... Herman will probably know better than I, but Canada is more like "old England" than "England" is at the moment...but carry on going on about those racial stereotypes....shows the classy girl you are.

Daz

fuzzylogix

Council Member
Apr 7, 2006
Ah- Canada more like "Old England" than England itself?????

Daz, I dont know who YOU have been talking to in Canada or which British Legion Pub you hang out in in Canada, but the waving of the Union Jack has LONG since disappeared here. I mean, sure we have the lovely old ladies who drink their tea in their nursing homes, and talk reverantly of the Queen Mum, and wasnt it a shame about Diana, but let's be realistic. The new generation dont give a flying pig's ear about the Royalty.

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
I think possibly you have to be older and wiser to realise what the queen means. maybe not though. I admit she's nothing special but she's done more for canada than you or i

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005
Ah- Canada more like "Old England" than England itself?????

Daz, I dont know who YOU have been talking to in Canada or which British Legion Pub you hang out in in Canada, but the waving of the Union Jack has LONG since disappeared here. I mean, sure we have the lovely old ladies who drink their tea in their nursing homes, and talk reverantly of the Queen Mum, and wasnt it a shame about Diana, but let's be realistic. The new generation dont give a flying pig's ear about the Royalty.

It's from my own experiences of Canada actually fuzzy...we dont wave the union jack here too much neither...it's more the st. George's cross actually, but I'll put it like this....BOTH Canada and the US are more like stereotypical England than England these days....there are loads of examples, measuring systems, pronounciations.....most countries in the UK dont tend to have the union flag on their flags....a fair percentage of provences do!!...

really, as an Englishman, Canada, to me, seems more like England than England thses days....did you also know your coins are the same size as ours too?...I've got some here, it's a virtual match. plus, Do you speak Polish?...cus it's required where I am.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Is Canada thinking about sending a craft to the Moon?

No, I thought not. Canada couldn't afford to send a probe to the Moon even with the current cheaper prices. If Canada manages to send a probe to the Moon before Britain does I'll show my bare arse on the town hall steps. You lot still can't fly troops to Iraq.

Don't get envious, guys, it's embarrassing.

Is austin powers going to command the flight in an Austin Mini?

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Blackleaf:

Google "Telesat". Telesat is a Canadian company which has extensive experience in designing, launching and mantaining all sorts of satellites. Your depictions of Canada having no experience in Space exploration is a joke.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
durka calm down. We're just showing a little pride in our homelands. Canada is wonderful too.

Blackleaf like to make a point of making a mockery of Canada whenever he can. I appriciate one showing pride for their homeland, which you do, Blackleaf on the other hand defines ignorant.

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005
Blackleaf like to make a point of making a mockery of Canada whenever he can. I appriciate one showing pride for their homeland, which you do, Blackleaf on the other hand defines ignorant.

I'm not too sure about that, he's just an old colonial....it's the US who are his biggest gripe....besides, I've never belittled or besmerched Canada, but I'm getting it in the ear with all these teas-drinking stereotypes and such...

Although I will say, there are 2 provences that manage to put my flag in theirs 3 times!!!

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
I'm not too sure about that, he's just an old colonial....it's the US who are his biggest gripe....besides, I've never belittled or besmerched Canada, but I'm getting it in the ear with all these teas-drinking stereotypes and such...

Although I will say, there are 2 provences that manage to put my flag in theirs 3 times!!!

Brits are great, don't get me wrong. Except for Blackleaf, who deep down, wishes he was a frenchman.

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005
I'm gonna quit pointing out the English bit now, no-one ever listens......

But Blackleaf secretly wanting to be a Frenchman?.......ohhh la la low

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Is Canada thinking about sending a craft to the Moon?

No, I thought not. Canada couldn't afford to send a probe to the Moon even with the current cheaper prices. If Canada manages to send a probe to the Moon before Britain does I'll show my bare arse on the town hall steps. You lot still can't fly troops to Iraq.

Don't get envious, guys, it's embarrassing.
Not a matter of can or can't, Limey. It's a matter of priorities. More important things to do that waste money on things that others have dlost interest in decades ago or waste lives doing something stupid like Iraq. Canada may go into Iraq after the yanks and other such cannon fodder have squandered lives and then help the Iraqi rebuild.

Last edited:

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005
Not a matter of can or can't, Limey. It's a matter of priorities. More important things to do that waste money on things that others have done decades ago or waste lives doing something stupid like Iraq. Canada may go into Iraq after the yanks and other such cannon fodder have squandered lives and then help the Iraqi rebuild.

Oi!!!!....Limes were very beneficial (vitamin C...you see).........unless you wanted scervy!!

so it's not really an insult......Moose f()cker is however!!(although that might be a bit tricky) lol

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005
It's scurvy. But don't let the English language baffle you.

Moose? They have swampdonkeys in Britland?

English is mine to abuse as I willl....Being English in England....where exactly is "Britland" on the map Moose Molestor?

fuzzylogix

Council Member
Apr 7, 2006
I think possibly you have to be older and wiser to realise what the queen means. maybe not though. I admit she's nothing special but she's done more for canada than you or i

Now, hermanntrude, my dear chap, coming from the same heritage line as myself, and myself liking the old England as much as the next soccer raving Brummie, and myself enjoying fine pints of fart producing Bass downed in gallons after a stroll across the Malvern hills, or the Epsom Downs as much as any stiff upper lipped Londoner on a weekend outing, and revelling in the peal of the bells from Winchester Cathedral while I shovel in my Yorkshire pud as much as any other state school lassie, I am afraid that I still have to take umbrage at the idea that the queen has done more for Canada than I have. Please list her accomplishments so I may compare them to my own meager but dedicated and sincere contribution to society.