Britain to go on mission to the Moon by 2010

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Yeah, but Canada isn't sending a craft to the Moon. It may one do so alongside NASA or ESA, but not independently like Great Britain.
Lots cheaper to send a person or two up than it is to send a manned rocket up. Whatta waste of money. Whatta comedy. Brits are good at comedy. LOL Monty Python in space. Or the two Ronnies. The Fawlty bunch. rofl
Also, lotsa easier to use someone else's take-off pads and whatnot. Don't have to find land for it, find a hole in the weather for a time to lift one off, etc. Just build a satellite once in a while and get someone else to send it up. Or send a couple scientists to someone and say, "Here, you send em up".

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Lots cheaper to send a person or two up than it is to send a manned rocket up. Whatta waste of money. Whatta comedy. Brits are good at comedy. LOL Monty Python in space. Or the two Ronnies. The Fawlty bunch. rofl
Also, lotsa easier to use someone else's take-off pads and whatnot. Don't have to find land for it, find a hole in the weather for a time to lift one off, etc. Just build a satellite once in a while and get someone else to send it up. Or send a couple scientists to someone and say, "Here, you send em up".

So is Canada going to send some astronauts to the Moon all by itself considering that it's cheaper, or is Canada going to send nothing up in space by itself whilst Canadians poke fun at countries who have the money, resources and willpower to do so?

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
So is Canada going to send some astronauts to the Moon all by itself considering that it's cheaper, or is Canada going to send nothing up in space by itself whilst Canadians poke fun at countries who have the money, resources and willpower to do so?
Why would Canada want to send someone to the moon? People have already been there. Silly idea. If people are going to spend that much money, might as well go explore someplace new. Try Venus or even Mars. rofl Fawlty Towers broadcasts from Mars.

mapleleafgirl

Electoral Member
Dec 13, 2006
windsor,ontario
Perhaps your parents would also be able to tell you that the US will never stop creating a hero of George Washington, so why should the other side stop?..it was a man from St Peter Port in the channel islands that won Canada it's freedom and stop you being just another part of the US.

So what exactly have the English done for Canada is a silly question (or perhaps an ignorant one).

Besides, this is about the British Space Program (which I'm sure someone just created for a laugh, why do they need to bother?, they've had 3 NASA astronauts already, and now they dont have to gain US citizenship to become NASA pilots...so why bother?...you'd think we'd save money.

Although I would like to see the Queen, Prince Phillip, Charles and Camilla blasted into space and never returned.

why would my parents know anything about american heroes? were canadians. anyway, i was talking about the royal family, whens the last time that queen ever did anything with our country? IMO she should be ashamed at calling herself queen of any country, never mind one she has nothing to do with.what has the queen or the royal family ever done for the canadian people? by the way, waving and taking flowers dont count.

fuzzylogix

Council Member
Apr 7, 2006

Nope, we're gonna watch agog while the British rocket goes up, and just be ready for the possible line: Pride comes before a fall.

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
ha yes. look at beagle 2. that was a sad day.

feel free to agree with my last post. if anyone fails to deny it i shall take it as read you all agree

fuzzylogix

Council Member
Apr 7, 2006
what have the english done for canada? they gave you me :D

Now you are finally giving us some substance that we all can accept, hermanntrude!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome.

We shall work on you slowly, very very slowly, until those tea loving genes are overcome by the mere whiff of a Tim Horton's coffee, and the mere sight of child at Hallowe'en wearing a crown will be enough to make you throw out your Cadbury's Flake bars and grab a gigantic Timmy's calorific fat filled muffin, and one day the idea of a roast beef with a pint of bitter will make you go into gastric reflux as you run to Mcdonald's for a delicious egg mcmuffin, and the thought of eating a box of chocolates in a cinema will make you shake and hurl your butter soaked popcorn all over......but this will all be done slowly very slowly.

Right now we are working to reduce your love of cold damp unheated houses with tepid bath water and soon you will come to like, if not love, the idea of central heating and roaring hot showers..........

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
IMO she should be ashamed at calling herself queen of any country, never mind one she has nothing to do with.what has the queen or the royal family ever done for the canadian people? by the way, waving and taking flowers dont count.

in asking your question, you made me realize that i had no blasted idea what role the queen serves, for us, or for the other countries to which she is queen. it was never really covered in school to the depth that i have found it covered here, and i thought it might interest you to read through some of the arguments for a constitutional monarchy.

http://pages.interlog.com/~rakhshan/parg.html#2

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I like roast beast and Yorkshire puddings fulla gravy and Bennie's eggs on scones. Bangers n mash is good, too. Dunno bout the rest of English food.

my kids are dying to move to Edmonton so that they can buy crumpets. You can't get them here.

Numure

Council Member
Apr 30, 2004
Montréal, Québec
We got the Canada-Arm, and the Canada-Arm2, we made the lense for the hubble, for the mars-rover. Come to think of it, the Americans use alot of Canadian technology in their space program. Why waste billions of dollard when we can combine our efforts and go further?

mapleleafgirl

Electoral Member
Dec 13, 2006
windsor,ontario
in asking your question, you made me realize that i had no blasted idea what role the queen serves, for us, or for the other countries to which she is queen. it was never really covered in school to the depth that i have found it covered here, and i thought it might interest you to read through some of the arguments for a constitutional monarchy.

http://pages.interlog.com/~rakhshan/parg.html#2

yeah, i read that page. my mom is really big on the queen and the whole royal thing. gets uptight with me cos of what i say. all that stuff on that page is bs in my opinion. she dosent do a thing for us, and proably could care less about canada for that matter. can anybody tell me one concrete thing the queen has ever done for the people of this country? just one, dont tell me its tradition? so what, it used to be tradition for just men to be in parliament, we changed that. she is a waste of a life of a very rich parasite collecting money from people for doing utterly nothing important. and for us here in canada, why do we need them so much? i swear to god when my generation gets our turn ill bet anything that whole monarchy thing is thrown out of canada.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
yeah, i read that page. my mom is really big on the queen and the whole royal thing. gets uptight with me cos of what i say. all that stuff on that page is bs in my opinion. she dosent do a thing for us, and proably could care less about canada for that matter. can anybody tell me one concrete thing the queen has ever done for the people of this country? just one, dont tell me its tradition? so what, it used to be tradition for just men to be in parliament, we changed that. she is a waste of a life of a very rich parasite collecting money from people for doing utterly nothing important. and for us here in canada, why do we need them so much? i swear to god when my generation gets our turn ill bet anything that whole monarchy thing is thrown out of canada.

This is a bit off topic, but I have seen more young people in Canada in favor of the monarchy than not.