Breaking : Cdn news

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
I really enjoy reading her posts and liked when she came back, fresh eyes looking at the discussion,The board is slow enough without fracturing conversations in 2-5 different directions. Opening up for posters like Hoid, MHZ and even at times yourself to run to different threads and move the goal posts a touch until it isn't worth responding to.

p.s. If I kept my work files this way the auditors would fire my ass

Last edited:

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
I really enjoy reading her posts and liked when she came back, fresh eyes looking at the discussion,The board is slow enough without fracturing conversations in 2-5 different directions. Opening up for posters like Hoid, MHZ and even at times yourself to run to different threads and move the goal posts a touch until it isn't worth responding to.

p.s. If I kept my work files this way the auditors would fire my ass
Still stings when she nailed you dead to rights on the other thread eh??

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
I have never like McCallum - I think he's a dufus! Don't know how he's managed to stay in politics this long. Hopefully he retires before the next election!!

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Scheer slams Trudeau after ambassador fired

OTTAWA - After a week in which he twice weighed in on a high-stakes extradition case, John McCallum is out as Canada's ambassador to China — although for Conservative Leader Andrew Scheer, the damage has already been done.
"It should never have come to this," Scheer tweeted Saturday, after the prime minister's office released a statement announcing McCallum's resignation at the request of Justin Trudeau.
That move came just hours after McCallum was quoted in a Vancouver newspaper saying it would be "great for Canada" if the United States dropped its extradition request for Meng Wanzhou, the Huawei executive who was detained in Vancouver last month.
McCallum told StarMetro Vancouver on Friday that if the U.S. and China reach an agreement on Meng's case, the deal should include the release of Michael Kovrig and Michael Spavor, two Canadians currently detained in China.
"We have to make sure that if the U.S. does such a deal, it also includes the release of our two people. And the U.S. is highly aware of that," McCallum told the Star.
That comment followed a statement McCallum issued Thursday, saying he misspoke earlier in the week when he discussed Meng's case with a group of Chinese-language journalists in Toronto, listing several arguments he thought could help her with her legal fight against extradition.

Click the link

Headline not in line with the article where Scheer called for his firing last Wednesday.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Not sure what mcCallum was thinking.

Would not be a bit surprised if he was drunk at the time.

Also may point to a diminishing of skills when a politician is out of the normal to and fro of political debate.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Trudeau vs Xi Jinping. Or, hypocritical asshat vs hypocritical asshat. And why the f*ck are we even dealing with the drug smuggling assholes in the fist place? The govt of the PRC is NOT a legitimate govt, it is a drug smuggling criminal organization and the sooner Canada (and any other country with a fentanyl crisis) calls them out on it, the better.
They are using the illegal flow of fentanyl from China as leverage to gain political concessions in Canada. But what does this govt do? Plays right along with the stupid f*cking game.
And considering that diplomats aren't subject to Customs inspections, Chinese diplomats are the perfect fentanyl mules.

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
I have never like McCallum - I think he's a dufus! Don't know how he's managed to stay in politics this long. Hopefully he retires before the next election!!

MacCallum is a LIE-beral!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He is the re-incarnated spirit of "Old Straw Head" - Herb Grey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grey spent decades in parliament doggedly and mindlessly repeating the party line.................

and acting slow and stupid...........................................

while stabbing up coming young LIE-berals in the back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

McCallum would still be ambassador if he had better control OF HIS BIG MOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

McCallum accidentally SPILLED secret LIE-beral policy about LIE-beral relations with China and United States!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LIE-berals DO NOT WANT their anti Yankee Bias so publicly exposed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So Big Mouth McCallum HAD TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!