Bluetooth Speakers

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
I have a lengthy road trip in my near future, moving a car from Fort McMurray to Phoenix. The car is nice enough, but technologically dated in that it's equipped with a radio that doesn't work and a cassette deck. Figuring that music is a must-have for a trip of this length I headed off to the store with the intention of buying one of those fake cassette tape adapter thingies that would let me play an MP3 player through the tape deck. They wanted over thirty bucks for what amounts to a piece of plastic with some wire and a plug which didn't sit well with my inner scotsman. What I left the store with was a battery powered bluetooth speaker that would lend a greater degree of portability, letting me pack my music beyond the confines of the car. Well let me tell you, I am totally impressed. The unit is a Bose Mini Soundlink, roughly comparable in size to a six inch chunk of two-by-two but the sound it puts out is huge. I come from the day when having a decent stereo meant speakers the size of washing machines so the amazingness of big sound from a little box is not lost on me. They claim it will play eight to ten hours between recharging, and has enough heft to it that it should live comfortably on the dash provided I can keep the 150kph cornering down to an appreciable level. Truly an impressive piece of tech gadgetry.

Last edited:

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
I haven't had any luck with Bluetooth speakers. I connected a Bluetooth speaker to the tower. for some reason it won't install any drivers. :( :confused:

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
Isn't "bluetooth" a hardware thing? I mean you can't program bluetooth capabilities into equipment that is not properly equipped with a bluetooth transmitter/receiver, right?

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Isn't "bluetooth" a hardware thing? I mean you can't program bluetooth capabilities into equipment that is not properly equipped with a bluetooth transmitter/receiver, right?

Oh sure.....go and confuse the situation.

But since the OP is still struggling with a cassette deck it's a good thing you pointed out that technicality.........

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Oh sure.....go and confuse the situation.

But since the OP is still struggling with a cassette deck it's a good thing you pointed out that technicality.........
If you install a Bluetooth dongle on your PC to be able to use Bluetooth speaker to play your music etc... you have to put in software to operate it.......
For some windows will automatically download software for it but not all.....you have to install it yourself.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Just get one of those things that broadcast your mp3 over FM. They are around $5 at XS Cargo or the source.