Bill’s C-10 & C-11. If we aren’t talking about it already, shouldn’t we be?

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
So there can be no doubt that Trudeau and the Left are experts in calling something one thing when others do it and another more positive thing when they do it. They're hypocrites, and all we can do is call them out for doing it AND call the media out just as loudly for not commenting on it.

Reactions: Taxslave2

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I'm not SURE they are - i see that unifor puts stories about them on their website but i can't see for sure if their canadian staff is unifor or not.
Have you came across the Unifor thread or relative threads on Can Con?

Its worth digging up.

Summation, back in 2008 the ON Wynne government drove the loss of billions upon billions in billions of ON Govt Union, Auto Workers, and many more which in the end became Unifor. We've all as Canadians(Quebec....maaaaybe) have taken on the responsibility of the Union pension crash.

The "media fund" is to pay lost Unifor pensions.

There is always a side swindle.

They bet on whirlygigs, carbon cap and trade, real-estate and lost their shirts AND gonch.

Reactions: Taxslave2

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
PS, Canadian banks made off like bandits in the US real estate crash while raping leftie US and Canadian Union pensions. CAD was a buck ten and US real estate pennies on the USD.

A drunk male housewife sold the farm in 2020.

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
The left must hav3 a very different definition of populist than normal people.my definition of populist is well liked. Now I know the left isn’t in favou4 of good governance, but if they were not so far out of touch with reality they might have a populist government too.

• Haha
Reactions: Serryah

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
The left must hav3 a very different definition of populist than normal people.my definition of populist is well liked. Now I know the left isn’t in favou4 of good governance, but if they were not so far out of touch with reality they might have a populist government too.
A populist believes in majority rule with no rights for those not in the majority.

"Majority" being defined as the populist's supporters.

Last edited:

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Well the definition gets kicked around a lot but the idea that seems to be common is "the difference between popular and populist is that a popular policy is something the politiican promises and actually intends to deliver that people really like, where as populist is where the politician says what he thinks people want to hear and doesn't really care if he can deliver or not.

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
T
Well the definition gets kicked around a lot but the idea that seems to be common is "the difference between popular and populist is that a popular policy is something the politiican promises and actually intends to deliver that people really like, where as populist is where the politician says what he thinks people want to hear and doesn't really care if he can deliver or not.
hat would make TurdOWE a populist. And the LMCs that voted for him gullible.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
T

hat would make TurdOWE a populist. And the LMCs that voted for him gullible.
Quite true. By any reasonable definition Trudeau is a populist. He delivered on some things but basically just said anything people wanted to hear. "Last election that's first past the post! Legal dope! lower home prices (in 2015)! I'll balance the budget in 3 years! Nobody will be forced to take a vaccine! (5 minutes later....) Everyone will be forced to take a vaccine, and those who disagree are bad people! Etc etc. His whole schtick has been populist.

And yes, it's depressing the people voting for him are that gullible.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Quite true. By any reasonable definition Trudeau is a populist. He delivered on some things but basically just said anything people wanted to hear. "Last election that's first past the post! Legal dope! lower home prices (in 2015)! I'll balance the budget in 3 years! Nobody will be forced to take a vaccine! (5 minutes later....) Everyone will be forced to take a vaccine, and those who disagree are bad people! Etc etc. His whole schtick has been populist.

And yes, it's depressing the people voting for him are that gullible.
Most people spend more time in the sport section not the opinion pieces , they see headlines and the six o’clock news .

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Most people spend more time in the sport section not the opinion pieces , they see headlines and the six o’clock news .
And this is a big part of the problem. The other is the rampant spread of tribalism. Nowadays many (especially on the left but not exclusive to the left) are focused entirely on protecting 'their team' against anything. They refuse to acknowledge ANY information that is negative about their "team", and they will craft false narratives to explain why their team is better and that the problems aren't their teams fault.

As voters, we should always put Canada first and punish (to an appropriate degree) parties that repetatively behave in a corrupt fashion (especially) or those that constantly lie or show hypocrisy. I"m not talking about the 'spin' that all politicans put on everything or a little fibbery, but when there's genuine corruption or they do something bad there should be an appropriate cost.

And lately we just haven't been.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
And this is a big part of the problem. The other is the rampant spread of tribalism. Nowadays many (especially on the left but not exclusive to the left) are focused entirely on protecting 'their team' against anything. They refuse to acknowledge ANY information that is negative about their "team", and they will craft false narratives to explain why their team is better and that the problems aren't their teams fault.

As voters, we should always put Canada first and punish (to an appropriate degree) parties that repetatively behave in a corrupt fashion (especially) or those that constantly lie or show hypocrisy. I"m not talking about the 'spin' that all politicans put on everything or a little fibbery, but when there's genuine corruption or they do something bad there should be an appropriate cost.

And lately we just haven't been.
We have been falling on the corruption index .

taxme

Time Out
Feb 11, 2020
When Justin Trudeau stands at a podium and promises that he’s going to make the 1% pay their fair share, he’s engaging in left-wing populist politics. Trudeau’s ongoing call for the 1% to do their part may not be based in fact, but it is a simplistic slogan that he and his followers can repeat over and over again for political gain.

Canada has a long history of populist politicians and parties from Tommy Douglas and his campaign for medicare to Preston Manning’s Reform Party to countless provincial parties. And of course, many of the policies of the Trudeau Liberals would fit this bill.

With the rise of Pierre Poilievre to the leadership of the Conservative Party, populism is in the news a lot lately, and it’s often described in dark tones.

“Can Pierre Poilievre contain the populist beast he has unleashed?” a recent Toronto Star headline asked.

Funny, Trudeau’s populism isn’t ever framed that way.
Etc….

Pierre must be doing something right. Pierre is already starting to piss off the lying and fake leftist liberal Canadian media. It started already with lefty liberal David Atkin of Globull news who attacked Pierre at a recent news conference with the media. Atkin was showing his true liberal ignorant and rude self. And this is only the beginning with more to come for Pierre. As I have always said and maintained that if the lying and fake lefty liberal media attacks and mocks anyone then maybe we should all try and get the other side of the story as to what the other person being attacked and mocked has to say. It's just common sense and logic to do so.

It's communism in every way. Attack and mock your opponent in anyway that you can to try and make your opponent look bad. Liberalism pretty much equals communism. Liberals despise the truth being told. They always prefer lies and hoaxes to try and win the game. Pierre should do like Trump has done to the American media. Trump called the American media fake news and Trump was right. The MSM is fake news. (n)

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
I watched that “David Atkin” or whatever his name was continuously interrupt Pierre Poilievre in the middle of each sentence as he was at the podium, with that reporter shouting over top of the PA system.

Here I thought that a reporter was supposed to report the news and not become the news in a situation like that?? He is no better than that other clown with Rebel News (I can’t remember his name offhand).