Beyond Meat partners with PepsiCo to create plant-based snacks, drinks

Cherub786

Nominee Member
Jan 24, 2021
I look forward to it. Our society consumes way too much meat. I'm not a vegetarian or vegan, but that doesn't mean people should be eating meat on a weekly, let alone daily basis.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: Mowich and taxslave

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Personally I would rather eat meat than the chemical concoction that they add to plants to make them taste like meat.
The real meat is actually healthier for you. This is based on 1/4lb of fake beef vs real beef with the real beef at 85% lean. The Beyond crap has 20 more calories, 5g more fat with both having 6g of saturated fats. The Beyond crap has 5 times the sodium of real ground beef. It also has carbs which beef doesn't. It does have 3g of fiber though but 6 grams less protein than real beef. The real irony with a lot of the fake meat is it uses some ingredients that are either highly water intensive or grown primarily on cleared rain forest land.

Reactions: Mowich

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
I look forward to it. Our society consumes way too much meat. I'm not a vegetarian or vegan, but that doesn't mean people should be eating meat on a weekly, let alone daily basis.

As omnivores, humans have a right, as nature intended, to consume meat whenever they please.

Reactions: taxslave

Cherub786

Nominee Member
Jan 24, 2021
That is what everyone that can't hunt says. My ancestors called a poor hunter Vegetarian.
There's not enough deer in the world for everyone to take up hunting. Personally I always fantasized, since I was a kid, of being a shepherd. That's got to be the most peaceful lifestyle there is. I hope to one day attain my dream

Cherub786

Nominee Member
Jan 24, 2021
As omnivores, humans have a right, as nature intended, to consume meat whenever they please.
Yes, it's a right to eat meat, well if you can afford it. I also believe that animal sacrifice is a fundamental religious right which many countries in Europe are infringing upon. Europe doesn't have even 10% of the freedom we are blessed with here in North America

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Where can I get meat for free?

Animals tend to be made of meat.

And which European country is freer than the United States or Canada?

In the world, in descending order:

Norway, Iceland, Sweden, New Zealand, Finland and Ireland are freer than Canada.

Norway, Iceland, Sweden, New, Zealand, Finland, Ireland, Canada, Australia, Switzerland, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Germany, UK, Uruguay, Austria, Spain, Mauritius, Costa Rica, France, Chile, Portugal, South Korea and Japan are freer than the USA, and it wouldn't surprise, after the rigged election, if America falls even further down the rankings.

The lockdowns will make some countries fall down the list, too.

Cherub786

Nominee Member
Jan 24, 2021
Norway, Iceland, Sweden, New Zealand, Finland and Ireland are freer than Canada.
Put New Zealand aside because it's not in Europe. Now let's consider Norway, Iceland, Sweden, Finland and Ireland. Firstly, none of those countries has absolute freedom of speech, unlike the United States. They all have hate speech legislation that criminalizes and restricts certain speech, to some extent. How is that free? None of those countries have something like America's Bill of Rights which guarantees absolute freedom of speech, freedom to bear arms, freedom of religion, etc. In some of those countries fundamental religious rights are being threatened. For example, Iceland was considering banning male infant circumcision, which is a religious practice of Jews and Muslims. Denmark doesn't allow animal sacrifice to be done without stunning, contrary to the Kosher and Halal requirements of Jews and Muslims. Same is true for Finland and Sweden. I could go on and on

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Put New Zealand aside because it's not in Europe. Now let's consider Norway, Iceland, Sweden, Finland and Ireland. Firstly, none of those countries has absolute freedom of speech, unlike the United States. They all have hate speech legislation that criminalizes and restricts certain speech, to some extent.

You're talking about the same United States where an ex-President has been banned from social media because snowflakes don't agree with what he says?

Cherub786

Nominee Member
Jan 24, 2021
You're talking about the same United States where an ex-President has been banned from social media because snowflakes don't agree with what he says?
Oh please, do you actually think getting banned from Twitter is a violation of freedom of speech? Twitter isn't a public domain. Freedom of speech doesn't mean you're entitled to say what you want on someone else's property

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
I about this a tad ago

• Love
Reactions: Mowich