beks cafe/chit chat corner, lol

beks

Nominee Member
Nov 14, 2005
france
Re: RE: beks cafe/chit chat corner, lol

GreenGreta said:
Colpy, if that was what you turned into by not smoking, here's a carton on me.

It seems Beks has stopped serving, maybe SHE has a temp who can bring us some beers.

hey,no no, serving goes on 24/7 guys, never fear if ya dont hear from me, had tech probs this weekend, but im back, and the temp covered me, hope she was ok.

more beers on the way. :D

beks

Nominee Member
Nov 14, 2005
france

Colpy said:
GreenGreta said:
Colpy, if that was what you turned into by not smoking, here's a carton on me.

It seems Beks has stopped serving, maybe SHE has a temp who can bring us some beers.

How about a Keith's for me?

It wasn't the not smoking, it was the Zyban. You take Zyban for a time while you still smoke. All the above happened while I was still smoking.

The stuff does weird things to some people.

Cold Turkey is tough, but I was actually surprized how good natured I was, once off the drugs. :)

:D a Keiths coming right up

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
RE: beks cafe/chit chat

I used it to quit. Haven't smoked in 7 months (yay me!) Zyban made me even more hyper then I normally am. I was up and outside gardening at 7 in the morning. I couldn't sit still! And that was once I got use to the stuff. Before that I felt like I was high on crack!

But....I don't smoke and I don't particularily want to smoke so it's all good

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003

I used it to quit. Haven't smoked in 7 months (yay me!) Zyban made me even more hyper then I normally am. I was up and outside gardening at 7 in the morning. I couldn't sit still! And that was once I got use to the stuff. Before that I felt like I was high on crack!

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Good job, Twila!

I have to quite in the near future....

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003

Thanks Jay. But just to warn you I've been posting and updating everyone just about every month since I quit. I figure it may help to keep me from starting. That and I don't get to toot my horn often so I'll take any opportunity that I can.........

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Re: RE: beks cafe/chit chat

Twila said:

good job Twila. you is 5 months ahead of YT. Into the third month now......and getting easier. ("cold turkey") Feels so delightfully FREE. Amazing how perceptions change after one quits.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
It's a good reason to toot your own horn, if you ask me.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003

good job Twila. you is 5 months ahead of YT. Into the third month now......and getting easier. ("cold turkey") Feels so delightfully FREE. Amazing how perceptions change after one quits.
Thanks Ocean. It IS amazing the differences in perception! and the amount of extra time is amazing too. Who'd have thought that smoking took up so much time! Or that you were as much a slave as that to it?

beks

Nominee Member
Nov 14, 2005
france
awwwww you guys im so proud of all you that have quit smoking, tis amazing, keep it up, and i'll keep the beers flowing, lmao

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Re: RE: beks cafe/chit chat

Twila said:
Thanks Ocean. It IS amazing the differences in perception! and the amount of extra time is amazing too. Who'd have thought that smoking took up so much time! Or that you were as much a slave as that to it?

Yeah. I didn't realize how liberated I was during my five years off them until I went back to smoking for a year.

One of the things that irritated me was the constant questions "Where are my smokes?" "Do I have enough? "

A slave to tobacco.

And congrats to the quiters.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Me!

Been engaged in an ongoing (I think since the day I got here) spat with the Rev.

He is the most bull-headed old bastard I ever had to deal with.

I think I like him.

Reminds me of someone I know.

Now if I could just getb him to be reasonable.........

Cream and sugar, please.

beks

Nominee Member
Nov 14, 2005
france

Colpy said:
Me!

Been engaged in an ongoing (I think since the day I got here) spat with the Rev.

I think I like him.

Cream and sugar, please.

heres ur coffee colpy with cream and sugar for u to add, lol.

now......whats this ongoing spat ur talking about?

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

beks said:
Colpy said:
Me!

I think I like him.

Cream and sugar, please.

heres ur coffee colpy with cream and sugar for u to add, lol.

now......whats this ongoing spat ur talking about?

Turns out he's not as old as I thought.......

Not a specific spat, just lots and lots of disagreement.

Good for the head you know.

This election is going to be fun!

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
I just went without my smokes for nearly two hours! Ihad forgotten to put a pack in my pocket before Ihit the trail. It was rough there for a few minutes... :)

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
"He is the most bull-headed old bastard I ever had to deal with.

I think I like him"

:lol: :lol: :lol: well it appears your not so bad yourself colpy, at least when it comes to judging character. Your right, the rev is well liked at this board :wink: