Batman's sidekick Robin has just come out of the closet

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Batman's sidekick Robin has just come out of the closet

Tim Drake is the Robin who isn’t really sure how to be Robin anymore — but in this week’s Batman: Urban Legends, he’s figured at least one thing out. A nice boy asked him out on a date, and Tim said yes.

Screenshot 2021-08-11 121825.png

• Haha
Reactions: taxslave

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
There's no such thing as entertainment anymore. It's all propaganda. Basically every movie and TV show has to be remade while checking off as many diversity boxes it can in the process.
Art is no longer art. It must be controlled and used as propaganda. All strong female leads must be a Mary Sue unless their antagonist is a strong female character as well.
Natalie Portman will be portraying Thor next, in the name of feminism and diversity because, well it's obvious. Who doesn't picture a 5'3" 118lbs (soaking wet) Israeli woman when imagining what the Norse 'God of Thunder' looked like. :rolleyes:

Yet when Gal Gadot was selected to star as Cleopatra in an upcoming feature that may or may not be made now, the leftard-o diversity sphere erupted in outrage. Which is funny when ya think about it. An Israeli woman playing Cleopatra? Outrageous. An Israeli woman playing the Norse God of Thunder? What a wonderful step forward for feminism. A Black woman playing Anne Boleyn? What a great day for diversity.

I've given up on movies and TV. Never was into superhero comics either. Now my wife and I just watch documentaries and videos of stupid people doing stupid people things. If I'm going to have to sit and watch Western society decay into shit before my eyes, I might as well try and get some laughs out of it.

Decapoda

Council Member
Mar 4, 2016
There's no such thing as entertainment anymore. It's all propaganda. Basically every movie and TV show has to be remade while checking off as many diversity boxes it can in the process.
The biggest tragedy (ironically) these days is comedy. Comedians have completely neutered themselves in a deliberate effort to carry the progressive "narrative of the day"...whatever it is. Watching Jon Stewart call the Wuhan lab leak out on Stephen Colbert, and watching Colbert twisting in horrendous recoil like a salt covered leach is a pretty definitive example of the death of comedy at the expense of progressivism. Comedy is just not funny anymore...its not allowed to be. there's too much fear, and there's nothing impressive about someone trying to be funny while taking care not to offend.

I've given up on movies and TV. Never was into superhero comics either. Now my wife and I just watch documentaries and videos of stupid people doing stupid people things. If I'm going to have to sit and watch Western society decay into shit before my eyes, I might as well try and get some laughs out of it.
There's some good TV out there, but you really have to look for it. Forget about network TV, it's all garbage.

Decapoda

Council Member
Mar 4, 2016
Propaganda man. Despite the fact the entire alphabet community is about 5% of North America's population, they have to be represented in 100% of everything.
Represented? They run the show now. Most kids in school are taught that masculinity is "toxic", and a traditional cohesive family is "privilege". It's classic social engineering...plain and simple, and the agenda isn't being aggressively pushed by the alphabet people, but by politicians.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
I'm not gay, but personally I think this is a FABULOUS direction to take the Comic Strip!!

Toodles for now!!

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Represented? They run the show now. Most kids in school are taught that masculinity is "toxic", and a traditional cohesive family is "privilege". It's classic social engineering...plain and simple, and the agenda isn't being aggressively pushed by the alphabet people, but by politicians.
Oh it is being pushed by the alphabet people. They write letters and push vote grabbing politicians. It is the little things such as leftard media calling out any politician that does not attend every gay parade that comes along. It is no longer enough for a wannabe politician to not care about sexual direction, now they must openly embrace it or be branded homophobic.

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
I dunno.

Robin is a young man who wears tights and rides shotgun in a billionaire's fancy car.

Should we be that surprised?

• Haha

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
I think Peppermint Patty was the first cartoon lesbian.

And perhaps Jane Hathaway from The Beverley Hillbillies was the first on television.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Superman's son comes out as bisexual in new comic
Author of the article:Mark Daniell
Publishing date:Oct 11, 2021 • 12 hours ago • 2 minute read • 12 Comments
Superman DC Comics
PHOTO BY DC COMICS
Article content
Faster than a speeding bullet, Superman’s son is set to race all the way out of the closet.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
Jonathan Kent, the son of Clark Kent and Lois Lane, is coming out as bisexual and will embark on a relationship with a man in an upcoming issue, DC Comics announced on Monday.

The character takes centre stage in the new series Superman: Son of Kal-El, which debuted earlier this year and sees 17-year-old Jon Kent inheriting the Superman mantle from his dad. So far, the caped hero has tackled real-life problems like climate change, school shootings and the refugee crisis.

“It’s easy to punch a ninja,” a character notes in his debut issue. “A little harder to punch the climate crisis, inequality, the erosion of a free press, and the rise of demagogues.”

In issue #5, the fledging hero will enter into a relationship with Jay Nakamura, a journalist with his own heroic qualities, who is inspired by Jon’s mother Lois.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
“Over the years in this industry, it probably won’t surprise you to hear I’ve had queer characters and storylines rejected. I felt like I was letting down people I loved every time this happened” writer Tom Taylor tells IGN. “But we are in a very different and much more welcome place today than we were ten, or even five years ago.”

It’s a character choice that some say marks a monumental shift in comic book storytelling.

“It is not Northstar, who your aunt has never heard of,” Glen Weldon, the author of Superman: The Unauthorized Biography, and the co-host of the Pop Culture Happy Hour on NPR, tells the New York Times. “It’s not Tasmanian Devil. It is Superman. That counts for something — just in terms of visibility, just in terms of the fact that this is going to attract attention.”

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content

The move is just the latest in a string of characters that have emerged as part of the LGBTQ+ community. Earlier this summer, Tim Drake — aka Batman’s sidekick Robin — went on a date with a man named Bernard Dowd in an issue of Batman: Urban Legends. Meanwhile, in a 2019 episode of Young Justice: Outsiders, a young version of Aquaman came out on the animated series.

Other major LGBTQ comic characters include DC’s Batwoman and Harley Quinn.

“When I was asked if I wanted to write a new Superman with a new #1 for the DC Universe, I knew replacing Clark with another straight white saviour could be a real opportunity missed,” Taylor says. “I’ve always said everyone needs heroes and everyone deserves to see themselves in their heroes. Today, Superman, the strongest superhero on the planet, is coming out.”

mdaniell@postmedia.com
1634016849742.png1634017078998.png