Barney Franks Saves the DAY!!!

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I just have a problem with barney Frank, I do not care what he is.
Being Canadian, I'ld never heard of him, until this.

I kind of like him. In fact, I kind of like him alot. And not in reference to you Iron, but unlike some, I can see without ideology.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
"You are comparing apples with oranges, YJ. Daschle was from North Dakota (or was it the South?), a highly conservative place. So it was easy for Republicans to unseat him."

Tom Dashle was replaced by John Thule once he proved to South Dakotans that he was totally worthless of their trust. The other Senator From South Dakota is Tim Johnson, a Democrat.

North Dakota has two Democratic Senarors: Kent Conrad and Byron Dorgan.

Strange how two "highly conservative places" elect Democrats.

Also, don't forget that highly liberal states elect Republican Governors, Senators and Congressmen. I am not going to bother to cite you countless examples. If you do due diligence - the kind you should have done prior to your irresponsible comment, above - you will see that in politics NOTHING is safe and nothing is forever.

Barney Frank will learn his lesson soon enough - or sadly, perhaps not soon enough - that it is not wise to compare his constituents to dining room tables.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
"You are comparing apples with oranges, YJ. Daschle was from North Dakota (or was it the South?), a highly conservative place. So it was easy for Republicans to unseat him."

Tom Dashle was replaced by John Thule once he proved to South Dakotans that he was totally worthless of their trust. The other Senator From South Dakota is Tim Johnson, a Democrat.

North Dakota has two Democratic Senarors: Kent Conrad and Byron Dorgan.

Strange how two "highly conservative places" elect Democrats.

Also, don't forget that highly liberal states elect Republican Governors, Senators and Congressmen. I am not going to bother to cite you countless examples. If you do due diligence - the kind you should have done prior to your irresponsible comment, above - you will see that in politics NOTHING is safe and nothing is forever.

Barney Frank will learn his lesson soon enough - or sadly, perhaps not soon enough - that it is not wise to compare his constituents to dining room tables.
Although I love you feeding one off to joey, calling a spade a spade, is simple artistic. He was most certainly within his rights to describe that asshat as a dinning room table.

As certain as it's acceptable to apply the label Nazi supporter, to anyone that lends aid and comfort to any agency or group, that operates under or by any tenets of Nazism.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
"He was most certainly within his rights to describe that asshat as a dinning room table."

Anyone that calls one of those who put him office a "dining room table" maybe within his rights, but it is certainly not doing a wise thing to do. That particular lady (asshat in your estimation) will never vote Democrat again. And perhaps thousands of others who take umbrage to the insolance of a political (and actual) pimp.

Something tells me that if the Congressman had been a Republican and the protester carried a picture of Bush with a Hitler moustache (as it happened countless times) or referred to some Bush policy as "Na7i" (as it happened countless times) you would be quite comfortable with that.

I know SirJosephPorter would be.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Anyone that calls one of those who put him office a "dining room table" maybe within his rights, but it is certainly not doing a wise thing to do.
I highly doubt she put him in office.

That particular lady (asshat in your estimation) will never vote Democrat again. And perhaps thousands of others who take umbrage to the insolance of a political (and actual) pimp.
:lol:, try using reason, lest you be described as a dinning room table.

Something tells me that if the Congressman had been a Republican and the protester carried a picture of Bush with a Hitler moustache (as it happened countless times) or referred to some Bush policy as "Na7i" (as it happened countless times) you would be quite comfortable with that.
Not at all. I think that kind of protestation, to be immature and childish. Much like our own joey's style of hiding from and attacking those that feed it to him.

I know SirJosephPorter would be.
I believe this to be fact.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
CDNBear, in response to your post #46:

I have no way of knowing (and neither have you) whether the protester that Barney Frank so flippantly referred to as a dining room table helped to put Barney Franks in office or not. I only attempted to use her as a generic voter. There may have been hundreds or thousands who felt the same way as she did, and believe it or not, voters have long memory.

But that is just my opinion, and you think I deserve to be compared to a dining room table for that, then so be it. You got me!!

As far as the protests go, Hillary Clinton once said that protest is the American Way. (Or something to that effect). Does only Left-wing protest rate as legitimate in your book? Are Left-wing protests not "immature and childish"?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
CDNBear, in response to your post #46:

I have no way of knowing (and neither have you) whether the protester that Barney Frank so flippantly referred to as a dining room table helped to put Barney Franks in office or not. I only attempted to use her as a generic voter. There may have been hundreds or thousands who felt the same way as she did, and believe it or not, voters have long memory.
No they don't. I think you give voters, American or otherwise, far to much credit.

I'll sight the LPoC as proof of that.

But that is just my opinion, and you think I deserve to be compared to a dining room table for that, then so be it. You got me!!
No, I think you tread close to that label, by using words like pimp to describe someone whom with you ideologically disagree.

As far as the protests go, Hillary Clinton once said that protest is the American Way. (Or something to that effect). Does only Left-wing protest rate as legitimate in your book?
Nope.

Are Left-wing protests not "immature and childish"?
Depends on the reason, the actions and the way it is done.

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
Being Canadian, I'ld never heard of him, until this.

I kind of like him. In fact, I kind of like him alot. And not in reference to you Iron, but unlike some, I can see without ideology.

No ideology, just an opinion based upon his conduct.

"Time and time again, Frank insisted that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were in good shape. Five years ago, for example, when the Bush administration proposed much tighter regulation of the two companies, Frank was adamant that "these two entities, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, are not facing any kind of financial crisis." When the White House warned of "systemic risk for our financial system" unless the mortgage giants were curbed, Frank complained that the administration was more concerned about financial safety than about housing."

Not to mention running a prostitution ring from his home. Barney Frank is one of those responsible for the collapse of the economy. (Chris Dodd and Pelosi also helped destroy the economy by not letting Republicans regulate sub primes.)

Democrats Fighting Regulation of Freddie & Fannie

YouTube - Democrats Fighting Regulation of Freddie & Fannie

Barney Frank's next order of business after destroying the American economy :: Political News and commentaries :: Hyscience

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
"No, I think you tread close to that label, by using words like pimp to describe someone whom with you ideologically disagree."

I referred to him as PIMP, because his actions condemn him to be just that.

Look it up! One can find some wonderful stuff on the internet. Some can be inconvenient to support one's positions. When one finds that, one usually resorts to name-calling or gutless insinuations.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
No ideology, just an opinion based upon his conduct.

"Time and time again, Frank insisted that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were in good shape. Five years ago, for example, when the Bush administration proposed much tighter regulation of the two companies, Frank was adamant that "these two entities, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, are not facing any kind of financial crisis." When the White House warned of "systemic risk for our financial system" unless the mortgage giants were curbed, Frank complained that the administration was more concerned about financial safety than about housing."

Not to mention running a prostitution ring from his home. Barney Frank is one of those responsible for the collapse of the economy. (Chris Dodd and Pelosi also helped destroy the economy by not letting Republicans regulate sub primes.)

Democrats Fighting Regulation of Freddie & Fannie

YouTube - Democrats Fighting Regulation of Freddie & Fannie

Barney Frank's next order of business after destroying the American economy :: Political News and commentaries :: Hyscience
Thanx for informing me Iron, I stand corrected.

I still think his assertion was spot on mind you. But as you have proven, he is a scumbag, lol, go figure, a politician, a scumbag? Who know? lol.

Thanx Iron.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
"No, I think you tread close to that label, by using words like pimp to describe someone whom with you ideologically disagree."

I referred to him as PIMP, because his actions condemn him to be just that.
Hey YJ, you were right, I stand corrected, carry on, I concede.

Look it up! One can find some wonderful stuff on the internet. Some can be inconvenient to support one's positions. When one finds that, one usually resorts to name-calling or gutless insinuations.
I think you're applying the wrong set of criteria to this situation. Even though the man is a finance pimp and a scumbag, he was spot on in his assessment of this particular protester.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
CDNBear, please accept my cyber handshake in good faith, knowing that we will probably NEVER agree on EVERYTHING.
It's all good YJ.

You and I bump heads, but I get where you're coming from. Unlike joey...err...Link Hogthrob, you have a little more humility to you and are certainly not anywhere near as pompass.

I like your passion. Don't ever change.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
ironsides, thanks for being the Cavalry in my stand-off with CDNBear.

Also thanks for providing info that the Left usually choses to ignore.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
Also, don't forget that highly liberal states elect Republican Governors, Senators and Congressmen. I am not going to bother to cite you countless examples.

Sure they do, YJ, but hey elect moderate Republicans (Pataki, Snow, Collins etc.), not the extreme right wing nutjobs that characterize the Republican Party base. And the Republican Party base hate Franks even worse than they hate Obama (if such a thing is possible). If they could have unseated him, they would have done it a long time ago. The same way they tried to unseat John Murtha in the last election. I remember Town Hall was filled with dire predictions as to how Murtha is as good as lost. In the event, he won by double digits.

I understand Franks is highly popular in his constituency. It wouldn’t surprise me if many times he runs unopposed (or with only a token opposition).