B.C. woman loses leg in spider-bite horror

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
B.C. woman loses leg in spider-bite horror
Postmedia Network
First posted: Monday, July 10, 2017 04:05 PM EDT | Updated: Monday, July 10, 2017 04:09 PM EDT
A British Columbia woman fighting for her life had to have her leg amputated after she was bitten by a spider triggering a case of deadly flesh-eating disease.
Global News reports that Chey Alvarez, 21, of Surrey was bitten on June 3 by what her family believes was a brown recluse spider.
Two days later doctors diagnosed her with flesh-eating disease.
“Flesh-eating disease is rare but when it attacks it’s a vicious disease,” mom Ronnie Alvarez told Global. “Once it gets into the bloodstream it’ll come out anywhere.”
What followed was a harrowing ordeal that saw Chey fighting for her life.
She was in a medically induced coma for 10 days and life support for another 12,
But the disease spread like wildfire, forcing surgeons to amputate the young woman’s right leg below the knee.
“I thought my daughter was going to die,” Alvarez said. “I thought for the first five days that she wasn’t going to make it out of this.”
Eventually, Chey slowing emerged from the coma and one of the first things she did was ask for a pen.
Her tragic words tore her mother’s heart apart.
Chey wrote: “Am I missing foot?”
Now, her mother says the vivacious young woman is “depressed” and “confused.”
And the family has established a fundraiser to help with the bills and the long, emotional journey that lies ahead.
“There are a lot of people who have really supported Chey whether it be through prayers, support, kind words,” Alvarez said. “That’s been a really big difference.”
B.C. woman loses leg in spider-bite horror | Canada | News | Toronto Sun

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I have a friend who was bitten twice and got flesh eating disease twice. Once he figured out that it was a brown recluse bite, he went out into the forest and came back with some wild herbs and it healed in one day. The first time, I could see the bones in his hand protruding from the rotting flesh. I keep forgetting to ask him what herbs he used. Next time.
Only a very small percentage of people will get flesh eating disease from their bite. I'm not one of them.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
activated charcoal
https://www.amandalinettemeder.com/blog/the-best-natural-remedy-for-a-brown-recluse

Kit Ingredients

Contains Activated Carbon made from bituminous coal through a patented steam activation process.

Process creates 7 acres of surface area per ounce of powder!

Capillary or electromagnetic attraction to the molecules of Brown Recluse venom.

Ineffective unless mixed with liquid.
The Brown Recluse Solution (in a glass bottle)

Echinacea
Powerful infection fighter and natural antibiotic.

Effective blood purifier

Supports the body against blood poisoning.

Lobelia

Encourages the flow of oxygenated blood.

Long history of effective use on insect bites.

Plantain

Powerful astringent which works to contract the skin tissue.

Healing, antibiotic, and styptic effect on sores and wounds.

Some have reported good results on Brown Recluse bites using this herb alone.

When combined...
When combining the Brown Recluse Solution with the Advanced Adsorb Powder to produce a poultice to apply externally on the wound, the result is a very effective, all natural solution to the Brown Recluse problem that so many people are raving about.
Brown Recluse First Aid Kit | Brown Recluse | Brown Recluse Spider | Recluse Spider

I guessed the charcoal and plantain..I would throw some yarrow in there too for good measure.

ps
The results of this kit have been astounding! Since 2004, over 40,000 kits
have been sold with a .001 return rate for ineffectiveness.(40 kits)

Last edited:

Kamavaips

Jul 30, 2019
B C woman loses leg in spider bite horror

Also don't forget to take the blood cleanser herbs, as internal treatment is very necessary in dealing with the really nasty spiders like black widows and recluses