Assumptions

researchok

Council Member
Jun 12, 2004
I do think, DS, Haggis, AV, et al, that the medium is highly overated as form of communication. Effective communication requires more insight and 'intimacy', on the levels we are comfortable, with whom we choose to associate. That of course, remains the choice of those individuals concerned-- on a MUTUAL basis. If one party is uncomfortable with an unbalanced level of 'intimacy', well, that's unproductive, on many levels.

I do think it's (net communication) more of a form of distraction, in my opinion, much like daydreaming-- only more social, collaberative and vivid.

Good Morning, all.

Nice to see you!

American Voice

Council Member
Jun 4, 2004
Nicely put, Rok. A distraction, or maybe diversion would be more appropriate. Still, if it wasn't nice people, I wouldn't come back.

researchok

Council Member
Jun 12, 2004
Agreed, of course.

People like peole like themselves, a wise man once said.

I like it in here because the group of people in here seem to share similiar traits-- they are friendly, courtious, respectful and most importantly, thoughtful.

That said, until I get the OK from Haggis and DS, I will not take my SMALL suv out of the garage-- unless of course, I get the missile radar option installed.

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
researchok said:
That said, until I get the OK from Haggis and DS, I will not take my SMALL suv out of the garage-- unless of course, I get the missile radar option installed.

Hmm, do not look over your shoulder. The flash can blind, you know. :cool:

Lots of good stuff here, people.

AV, yes, I am, admittedly, a stickler about private information. When a seemingly benign piece of information is repeated - and yes, it was benign - one then wonders if more sensitive information might also be repeated.

I do tend to share more personal information in private messages, having never realized that others might not have the same views as myself about such messages. No offense taken, truly, as I've said before. What I stated publicly about private messages was meant to be general, not specific.

researchok

Council Member
Jun 12, 2004
OK, OK, I get it.

When Im in BC we can meet in a public place.

I'll wear a beret, sport a red carnation and carry a copy of 'A history of Successful Soviet Five Year Plans'

We'll use a code word-- 'hemerroids'

I hope you'll recognize me.

How will I know you?

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
researchok said:
OK, OK, I get it.

I'll wear a beret, sport a red carnation and carry a copy of 'A history of Successful Soviet Five Year Plans'

How will I know you?

OMG that is so funny :D

researchok

Council Member
Jun 12, 2004
Please tell me you DONT have hemerroids.....

Id hate to think that word came to mind easily....

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
researchok said:
OK, OK, I get it.

How will I know you?

Easy, I'll be the one on the floor laughing my ass off.

PS No, to your question later in this thread. Sheesh. :cool:

researchok

Council Member
Jun 12, 2004
Justwanted to make sure you were awake.

Now, how WILL I recognize you? Can you wear a tutu? That might help.

Maybe we should BOTH wear tutus...

researchok

Council Member
Jun 12, 2004
Pink legwarmers? tutus? Polka dot boxers?

You got a problem with olive or khaki?

What kind of guy wears pink??

researchok

Council Member
Jun 12, 2004
Man, we BOTH need to get out more.

Im glad our daughters arent here to see this.

Or mom-- ESPECIALLY mom.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Do either one of you happen to have the last name of Skey, I only ask because of the following story at the BBC website :lol:

Man cleared of 'fairy' assault

The court heard the party's theme was aliens and fairies
A man dressed as a fairy has been cleared of assaulting a Swansea student at a fancy dress party ahead of a Lord of the Rings fantasy weekend.
Swansea Crown Court found Dale Skey, 28, from Towcester, Northamptonshire, not guilty of indecently assaulting the 22-year-old.

Mr Skey was also cleared of charges of common assault and false improvement.

He had denied used his strength to overpower the woman, who was dressed as an alien, to carry out the assault.

The court had heard both Mr Skey and the woman were members of a group which re-enacts Lords of the Ring style fantasy battles.

They were due to attend a re-enactment weekend near Bridgend and had met up at the fancy dress party beforehand.

Kissed

The prosecution had alleged that Mr Skey had followed the woman, dressed as Magenta, an alien in the Rocky Horror Show, upstairs when she went to make a phone call, carried her into a bedroom and indecently assaulted her.

But Mr Skey, who weighs 20 stone and who described himself as a "larger than life character" and had been dressed in a pink tutu and wings, has told the jury the woman had smiled and consented to his kissing.

At one stage he lifted the student up, intending to carry on kissing her, but he lost his grip and fell backwards.

"I fell to the left because I did not want to squash her," said Mr Skey.

He heard the woman hit her head on "something metallic" and she left the room, and Mr Skey fell asleep.

"It had been a long day," he said.

American Voice

Council Member
Jun 4, 2004
I had an epiphany this afternoon. Here, we are all children again. It's like the third grade. We are gendered beings, but we are pre-pubescent again, or non-pubescent. Does that thought resonate with anyone?

DS, I miss your avatar. It reminded me of Annie Snider. Frankly, I regard you as I might a younger sister. I contemplated saying that PM, but I thought I'd be really bold and place it out here in the open. If I deserve to get slapped, give me fair warning so that I can take my glasses off. 8O

researchok

Council Member
Jun 12, 2004
Its Friday, AV...way too complicated for me!

The way I see it, we're all here to relax, kick back and have a good time.

Nice thing is, in here, we can talk to each other-- we all seem to speak the same language, different interests.

Pink tutus and Beowulf.

Man, I have to get out more....