Arctic Fox trek from Norway to Canada

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
https://www.nydailynews.com/news/wo...0190702-mxur6otdxjep5pvavclyvppf3i-story.html

Arctic fox astounds scientists by trekking 2,176 miles in 76 days — from Norway to Canada

Logging nearly 30 miles per day, an Arctic fox has trekked from the Svalbard Islands in Norway to Inuit territory in the northern reaches of Canada, astounding scientists.

That’s 2,176 miles in 76 days, reported BBC News.

The young female had been tracked via a GPS device installed by researchers at the Polar Institute in Norway, releasing her into the wild in March 2018, BBC News said.

Twenty-one days later she had reached Greenland, BBC News said, about 940 miles from her starting point. A mere 76 days after she left Svalbard, the fox was found on Ellesmere Island in Nunavut, Canada.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Was that the end of the journey?? I wonder who she was going to find?
I read somewhere that they transponder stopped working so ultimately they don't know where she ended up.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
I read somewhere that they transponder stopped working so ultimately they don't know where she ended up.
How about 'back home where she was taken from', until a Polar Bear ate her. What kind of fuktard would do experiments like that. There is no mass migration of foxes, she had a destination in mind when she took her first step. Maybe the 'researchers' need to be taken that far and spun around a few time in the dead of night and they can show how good man's homing instincts are.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
See. Those migrate from shit-hole countries are sneaking in all over.

By the way, if a lone ox managed to make that crossing from Europe at a time when sea levels are high and ice levels are low, who's to say that groups of hunter-gatherer humans supporting each other didn't do it repeatedly?

If a fox did it, we did it.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
No, they're filthy foreigners who don't speak White.
Isn't Norway somehow affiliated with the EU, too?

Well it isn't in the EU. If it's somehow "affiliated" to the EU it's not much different to the way Canada is.

There are 51 countries in Europe, including part of the world's largest country - Russia - and the world's smallest country - Vatican City.

Of those 51, 28 are in the EU, and one of those is due to leave it on 31st October.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Well it isn't in the EU. If it's somehow "affiliated" to the EU it's not much different to the way Canada is.
There are 51 countries in Europe, including part of the world's largest country - Russia - and the world's smallest country - Vatican City.
Of those 51, 28 are in the EU, and one of those is due to leave it on 31st October.
They're all scum!

Johnny foreigners!

They all speak monkey mumbo-jumbo, not a real good language like you and me!

We gotta close our Northern border against any more of that Eurotrash.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
They're all scum!
Johnny foreigners!
They all speak monkey mumbo-jumbo, not a real good language like you and me!
We gotta close our Northern border against any more of that Eurotrash.

You're free to control your borders as you aren't in the EU. You're a normal country.