Anybody Like Curry?

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Hey Karrie, thanks for the tip on the green curry sauce. :smile:

Oh goodness I'm sorry hermite!! lol. laughing but sorry.

I've never really paid attention to what the heat level is supposed to be on the green curry. I just love it. It's a heat that my family loves, unlike some of the sharper hot foods like salsa, if that makes sense. I think it's the coconut milk that makes it just right for them.

mabudon

Metal King
Mar 15, 2006
Golden Horseshoe, Ontario
Hermite- you MIGHT want to look in a "specialty food" shop (Indian or middle eastern, they usually cater to a broad spectrum them places) and seek out "Coriander Chutney". It comes in a jar and is available from lots of different companies. It is hmmm "tangy" and has a really nice fresh taste. Also pretty inexpensive- it is often served with Indian "fast food" like pakoras and samosas, and can be used with pretty much any savoury dish- it also makes a real interesting addition to sandwiches

Oh and if you haven't tried pakoras (or bhajiis) you simple MUST- I will wait here til you report back- and I meant everyone who reads this btw :D

hermite

Not so newbie now
Nov 21, 2007
950 Snowupthearse Rd. Can
Okey dokey, coriander chutney on my list of things to look for. My "specialty" stores here are The Dollar Store, Scotts and True Value. It's a very small town. :lol: I'll look though. Ya never know.

Ha! Better yet, Google. Yup here's a recipe, Sounds easy enough.

• 1 bunch fresh mint
  • 1 bunch fresh coriander
  • 6-8 cloves garlic
  • 1" piece of ginger
  • 2 green chillies
  • 1 tsp sugar
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 tsps lime juice
Preparation:

• Cut off roots from both mint and coriander, peel garlic and ginger and remove stalks from green chillies. Wash all these ingredients thoroughly.
  • Grind these and all the remaining ingredients into a smooth paste in a food processor.
  • Chill and serve.
Will do.

mabudon

Metal King
Mar 15, 2006
Golden Horseshoe, Ontario
That's the stuff, it's freaking excellent, buying it prepared would be easiest but it should keep for a little while- a suggestion, if you put it in a jar, you might want to pour oil over it just to "seal" it from the air, it'll keep longer like that (tho it is a pretty stable thing anyways)

Can't wait to hear your thoughts on it!!

EDIT oh and if you would like to try Indian Pickle, two notes- one, it doesn't need to go in the fridge, just somewhere dark-ish and stable, and TWO (and this is important) NEVER use a wet or otherwise "soiled" spoon/fork with it, always use a clean, dry utensil to get the stuff out of the jar- this is good advice for pretty much any condiment in a jar, but pickle and chutnies especially will last much longer if you respect this protocol :D