(ANOTHER) 'Swarming' attack by 10-15 youth leaves 2 transit workers hurt, Toronto police say

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022

Toronto police are investigating a "swarming" assault of two TTC employees on a bus in Scarborough on Monday afternoon, police and the transit agency say.

Police said the assaults happened on a bus in the area of Kennedy and Merrian roads, south of Eglinton Avenue East. Officers were called to the bus at about 3:35 p.m and went to the scene with TTC special constables.

About 10 to 15 young people attacked the employees, who were on duty, and left them with non-life-threatening injuries, according to police. The attackers fled the area on foot.

And the 'beats' goes on.

we went from packs of 8 to 10 to now 15, at least nobody was killed this time. This is just getting insane.

• Sad
Reactions: Taxslave2

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Four boys, aged 13, charged after two TTC workers swarmed on bus
Author of the article:Jane Stevenson
Published Jan 24, 2023 • 1 minute read

Four 13-year-old boys have been arrested after two TTC employees were assaulted during what was described as a swarming incident on a bus Monday afternoon in the Kennedy Rd. and Merrian Rd. area.

Toronto Police say around 3:35 p.m. officers responded to an assault call and it was alleged there was an altercation between a group of boys and the two TTC workers on the bus before the suspects fled.

An investigation and review of TTC video surveillance led to four teenaged male suspects identified and arrested.

Two 13-year-old boys have been charged with assault and another two 13-year-old boys have been charged with two counts of assault each.

They will appear in court on March 21.

The investigation is ongoing and anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-4100, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), or at www.222tips.com.

This incident follows the disturbing story of eight girls, aged 13 to 16, charged in the stabbing death of a Ken Lee, a homeless man. on Dec. 18 in downtown Toronto.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Four boys, aged 13, charged after two TTC workers swarmed on bus
Author of the article:Jane Stevenson
Published Jan 24, 2023 • 1 minute read

Four 13-year-old boys have been arrested after two TTC employees were assaulted during what was described as a swarming incident on a bus Monday afternoon in the Kennedy Rd. and Merrian Rd. area.

Toronto Police say around 3:35 p.m. officers responded to an assault call and it was alleged there was an altercation between a group of boys and the two TTC workers on the bus before the suspects fled.

An investigation and review of TTC video surveillance led to four teenaged male suspects identified and arrested.

Two 13-year-old boys have been charged with assault and another two 13-year-old boys have been charged with two counts of assault each.

They will appear in court on March 21.

The investigation is ongoing and anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-4100, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), or at www.222tips.com.

This incident follows the disturbing story of eight girls, aged 13 to 16, charged in the stabbing death of a Ken Lee, a homeless man. on Dec. 18 in downtown Toronto.
Well i'm sure the judge will throw everything at them. For a case this serious they might face a penalty as severe as having to read a pamphlet on why it' wrong to assault people. That's 5 minutes of their lives they'll never get back.

In cases like this where the kids are out of control I"m tempted to say the parents should be able to be charged with failing to provide proper supervision and parental control over their children.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Well i'm sure the judge will throw everything at them. For a case this serious they might face a penalty as severe as having to read a pamphlet on why it' wrong to assault people. That's 5 minutes of their lives they'll never get back.

In cases like this where the kids are out of control I"m tempted to say the parents should be able to be charged with failing to provide proper supervision and parental control over their children.
Do the parents have the ability to look after themselves much less their kids?

Reactions: The_Foxer

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Do the parents have the ability to look after themselves much less their kids?
Well that's another question for the courts i suppose.

You can't automatically blame parents for every action their kid does. No matter how good the parent some kids are just screwed up and turn out bad and there's no stopping that. And some kids will manage to sneak away from home to do things their parents wouldn't approve of etc.

But i think in cases like this they should have to answer to that and show they HAVE been doing their job and taking reasonable steps to make sure that their THIRTEEN YEAR OLD isn't out of the house violently attacking people on the freaking bus!

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
I think this was assault for assault. Don't think anybody died. Although there have been so many lately I do admit to losing track occasionally.
There was an attack by someone with a needle on someone on transit shortly after this and a number of stories mentioned them together, so its' pretty easy to mix 'em up. This is literally every day now.