Annual mammograms don't cut rate of breast cancer deaths: Canadian study Read more:

Sparrow

Council Member
Nov 12, 2006
Quebec
Annual mammograms don’t appear to reduce breast cancer death rates in middle-aged women compared to simple regular physical exams, concludes a huge new Canadian study that brings into questions whether such screenings are helpful.
The study, which tracked close to 90,000 women, found that annual mammograms often do more harm than good because they pick up a lot of small, harmless cancers that will never cause symptoms or death in a patient's lifetime.
In fact, the study found many of the breast cancers picked up by mammograms were “over-diagnosed,” meaning they were the small, harmless cancer forms.

Read more: Annual mammograms don't cut rate of breast cancer deaths: Canadian study | CTV News

Have suspected this for years and after 3 biopsies and my doctor wanting a 4th. I decided to go to the Cedar Breast Clinic in Montreal. I brought all my mamos with me and the doctor said he was uncertain so had me pass a ultra sound after which he told me I had nothing. I have kept going but the time between mamos keep getting longer. There have been many cases where unnecessary surgery has been done just like my doctor wanted. Today doctors are so scared to miss something that they over-diagnose and over-operate.