Annexation of Canada

Toro

Senate Member
Re: RE: Annexation of Canada

quinton said:
War has unfortunately become a necessity to support our stupid goal of economic growth.

You see, to have economic growth, you need population growth and consumption growth.

The earth has finite resources, so you must kill off a lot of people if you want to keep playing the game of economic growth.

The better option, which we haven't tried yet, would be a steady-state economy not built on growth.

Yes, this means no interest on your money at the bank, and that money has to be backed by something real. It cannot simply be issued by the global elite out of thin air.

:scratch: :scratch:

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
sanch said:
darkbeaver said:
Chinese and french is a good idea but impracticle,not enough time. You have a look at your history books and see what happens to the nieghbouring countries of collapsing Empires, where phucked. While I would like to work at instituting your suggestions we have a new government who's determined to go swiftly in the other direction, and the liberals waiting in the wings to complete the deal if the Harpercons
drop the torch, that's the real choice here, neo-liberal or neo-conservative. If ever the NDP would mount a real threat Uncle Sam would intervene overtly, Uncle Sam has already covertly helped Harper into power. In the end though we just have to much water and oil and minerals that are vital to American continuation and we can't be allowed to say no. :lol:

1)The shift to Chinese/French would have an immediate shock value internationally. Acquisition could come later. A statement to this effect would set Canada's priorities.

2) I don't think America is going to dissolve as the Soviet Union did. But its era of dominance in NAFTA has to end. I am referring only to Canada and Mexico here. If we look at what happened in Mexico Canada is indeed phucked. If we look at Estonia after the Soviet collapse we have options.

3) I agree with the government going in the other direction. Someone obviously had a talk with Harper about what accountability would reveal and he decided it was in his best interest to stay with a corrupt government that has bent over backward to get phucked in as many positons as possible by foreign concerns. I think Canada should enage internationally even with the US but to always get the bottom end of the deal smells like payoffs.

4) Do you really think it is too late?

Yes I do think it's too late, I think that there will be a protracted period oF warfare while our American neighbours deteriorate into a nice peaceful country and we're going down with them. I also think that the global free market disaster is about to end. Western economies should have moved to alternatives about thirty years ago when the problems we now face were identified, they did not and now we face precipitous decline instead of steady reasoned change. I think we sold our chance at sustainability for the quick and easy consumer society.