Alberta premier and Enbridge respond to Michigan seeking shut down of Line 5 pipeline

Decapoda

Council Member
Mar 4, 2016
Alberta premier and Enbridge respond to Michigan seeking shut down of Line 5 pipeline

https://globalnews.ca/news/7464389/enbridge-line-5-pipeline-michigan/

.... and so it begins, the attack on the Canadian economy..

We need to build a pipeline across Canada directly to those Ontario refineries.

Canada First!!

Begins?? I would say we're in the final act.

Forget about building anything other than windmills as long as we have PM banana-stuffer and Jagmeet in charge. It's a pipe dream.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Begins?? I would say we're in the final act.

Forget about building anything other than windmills as long as we have PM banana-stuffer and Jagmeet in charge. It's a pipe dream.

Pretty much, although at some point, Western oil producers can opt to cut back production to the point that forces the ROC and places like Michigan to find other sources of the oil that they say they don't need.

Let these folks ship it in from the ME or Mexico and they'll begin to understand the risks when a few tankers dump their oil in American waters and experience a handful of rail tankers explode in an urban area.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Michigan can be like Saskatchewan and not exist. Just look at the Line 3 news yourself.

Line 3, which was built in the 1960s, runs from Alberta, across North Dakota and Minnesota to Enbridge's terminal in Superior, Wis.
See, it jumps from AB right into ND. No SK at all.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Isnt that a propane line?

Combination like Line 1 in Canada

What is Enbridge Line 5?
Enbridge’s energy infrastructure has helped fuel quality of life in Michigan for more than 60 years. Enbridge’s Line 5, a light crude and natural gas liquids (NGL) pipeline, helps to safely meet Michigan’s energy needs.
Line 5 Michigan - Enbridge Inc.

[url]www.enbridge.com/Line5[/URL]

Enbridge in Michigan

Line 5 helps heat Michigan homes, schools, hospitals and businesses, fuels vehicles, and powers industry by safely and reliably transporting light crude oil, light synthetic crude oil and natural gas liquids (NGL).

Families and businesses in the Upper Peninsula rely on Line 5 to meet 65% of their propane demand. Similarly, Line 5 delivers 55% of Michigan's statewide propane needs.

The light oil transported through Line 5 meets increasing demand from refineries in Michigan and Ohio. Regional refineries process this light oil into gas, diesel and jet fuel, which are vital to transportation and the economy.

Additionally, product from Line 5 is essential to manufacturing more than 6,000 items, including eyewear, clothing, hand sanitizer, vehicles, shampoo, toothpaste, medical equipment, and other necessities used every day.

Enbridge’s energy infrastructure traversing the state—which also includes the Line 17, Line 78 and Line 79 crude oil pipelines, and the Vector natural gas pipeline—has helped fuel quality of life in Michigan for more than 65 years.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
NGL is shipped raw and refined down to LPG/butane, etc. same as Alliance Pipeline to Chicago, apart of the shipping raw material in the trade agreement to save refining jobs in both countries. Crude can be shipped by pipe into either country refined fuel cannot.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Oh well then. I say cut them off of our nice clean hydroelectric and nuclear power and let the dumb c*nts spend money building their own emissions-free power supply. If they're so concerned about being green, maybe it's time for them to stop leeching off of Ontario and stand on their own two "green" feet.

Reactions: petros

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
NGL is shipped raw and refined down to LPG/butane, etc. same as Alliance Pipeline to Chicago, apart of the shipping raw material in the trade agreement to save refining jobs in both countries. Crude can be shipped by pipe into either country refined fuel cannot.
Slickem

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Michigan can be like Saskatchewan and not exist. Just look at the Line 3 news yourself.

See, it jumps from AB right into ND. No SK at all.

SK is kinda in the best position on this deal.... maybe there's a special export tax that they can apply, you know, make the environment more extra gooder cleaner.

It wasn't so long ago that Que was in a pinch needing LPG to dry grain, heat homes, hospitals and what not..... I say shut down the line completely and give Enbridge the exclusive rights to send the LPGs to all those states via rail car (the rail cars that Enbridge will own and rent at an extremely hefty cost)

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
SK is kinda in the best position on this deal.... maybe there's a special export tax that they can apply, you know, make the environment more extra gooder cleaner.

It wasn't so long ago that Que was in a pinch needing LPG to dry grain, heat homes, hospitals and what not..... I say shut down the line completely and give Enbridge the exclusive rights to send the LPGs to all those states via rail car (the rail cars that Enbridge will own and rent at an extremely hefty cost)
We are 3 months from shut down season, they might have to run a couple weeks longer this year. Covid and such impacting supply.

Reactions: Twin_Moose