Abortion

tibear

Electoral Member
Jan 25, 2005
Oh boy, your looking to start up fights!!

Personally, I believe that the human being begins in the womb and should be legally recognized as such.

tibear

Electoral Member
Jan 25, 2005

Personally, I believe that the human being begins in the womb and should be legally recognized as such.

tibear

Electoral Member
Jan 25, 2005

Gonzo

Electoral Member
Dec 5, 2004
Was Victoria, now Ottawa
Women are going to get abortions no matter what. If it's illegal, they'll get them and risk their lives. If it's legal, it'll be safe. I can’t stand seeing these women on TV. saying that they regret it so much. That’s not the point. They did it. If they had there baby they may have regretted that too. If you agree with it or not, women will have abortions. There are bigger problems in the world right now.

Gonzo

Electoral Member
Dec 5, 2004
Was Victoria, now Ottawa
Women are going to get abortions no matter what. If it's illegal, they'll get them and risk their lives. If it's legal, it'll be safe. I can’t stand seeing these women on TV. saying that they regret it so much. That’s not the point. They did it. If they had there baby they may have regretted that too. If you agree with it or not, women will have abortions. There are bigger problems in the world right now.

Gonzo

Electoral Member
Dec 5, 2004
Was Victoria, now Ottawa

tibear

Electoral Member
Jan 25, 2005
Gonzo,

Using your logic of "Women are going to get abortions" doesn't make any sense. Does this mean that we should allow child prostitution in Canada because men can fly to various places in the world and get child prostitutes elsewhere?

Simply because something exists doesn't mean that we as a society have to accept it.

tibear

Electoral Member
Jan 25, 2005
Gonzo,

Using your logic of "Women are going to get abortions" doesn't make any sense. Does this mean that we should allow child prostitution in Canada because men can fly to various places in the world and get child prostitutes elsewhere?

Simply because something exists doesn't mean that we as a society have to accept it.

tibear

Electoral Member
Jan 25, 2005
Gonzo,

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
I'm thinking, tidbear that Gonzo see's the world in shades of grey (an assumption I've come to from reading several of his posts). that being said, your using supposedly equatable logic to debunk his opinion is a silly debate tactic.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
I'm thinking, tidbear that Gonzo see's the world in shades of grey (an assumption I've come to from reading several of his posts). that being said, your using supposedly equatable logic to debunk his opinion is a silly debate tactic.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003

tibear

Electoral Member
Jan 25, 2005
Twila,

I didn't say his opinion was wrong, obviously it is his opinion, not one that I share but he is entitled to his opinion.

If you had read my post, I simply said that his logic didn't make any sense. Would you feel better if I didn't choose child prostitution, how about bullies. There has been anti-bullying education in our schools for many years now and yet bullying still goes on. Should we simply give up and let the bullies do what they want because there are some of them who will continue regardless of the consequences.

Yes there will always be segments of our population that will continue to do any activity whether society wants them to or not. My point is that this isn't a good enough arguement to accept the behavior.

tibear

Electoral Member
Jan 25, 2005
Twila,

I didn't say his opinion was wrong, obviously it is his opinion, not one that I share but he is entitled to his opinion.

If you had read my post, I simply said that his logic didn't make any sense. Would you feel better if I didn't choose child prostitution, how about bullies. There has been anti-bullying education in our schools for many years now and yet bullying still goes on. Should we simply give up and let the bullies do what they want because there are some of them who will continue regardless of the consequences.

Yes there will always be segments of our population that will continue to do any activity whether society wants them to or not. My point is that this isn't a good enough arguement to accept the behavior.