A third mass killing

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I was actually talking TO Thomaska.

Why do you ask? Do you see similarities in my comparisons of clowns to "others" to yourself?

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
thomaska said:
#juan said:
You still dont understand.

I accept your numbers on VietNam. I didn't wish for more American dead. Hell, both my parents were American. Over half my relatives are American. I could have had dual citizenship but I don't believe in it. Better to be a good Canadian than a poor American, or vice versa.

The consensus in the UN was that we try to avoid an invasion. The U.S. is now the only super power since the USSR self destructed. It makes a lot of countries nervous when Americans, at least under Bush, feel they can just go in anywhere with guns blazing. I didn't think "shock and Awe" was a good fit for "Operation Iraq Freedom"

I don't believe all American soldiers are cold blooded murderers. I do believe some American soldiers are poorly trained and poorly led. That, at least, will be apparent in the next month or two.

The UN is a bigger joke than the League of Nations...with that said..

We're cool then, and actually I think that my ire was misdiricted at you. I respect your opinion on this subject. Here's my take on it though and you tell me what you think. I dont think it is the Marines, or Army or any of the other lesser services(sorry, that was a cheap shot but its good natured) that are training us to act like these few did. I think it is the individuals themselves, and their own natures. People who are hard-wired to be assholes, are going to be assholes no matter their profession.

The people who commited these war crimes imo if convicted should be put underneath a jail somewhere. The US military attracts some of the finest people on the planet, it attracts some of the biggest douchebags also. Get a few of the douchebags together in one company/battalion/..whatever and you get things like Abu Ghraib, Haditha and the like.

Just my two cents...

Darkbeaver, you have fallen for my plan, you got "Ann Coultered", While i can have a decent discussion with Juan, I think the best way to deal with your type of forum troll is to just say things that get you sputtering, and livid to the point of breaking the armrests off of your cheeto stained recliner...We're #1 at terroism and warcrimes, eh? I think I might have found our competition below..

Since you fly the lil UN flag perhaps you could explain why your beloved world government wanna-be has these great examples of human kindness and compassion as members of the human rights council...

China
Pakistan
Saudi Arabia
Russian Federation
Cuba
Jordan

I really dont care if you explain or not or even reply. You should have Juan or some of the others preview your stuff before you post it...you make your "side" look kinda silly.

Sorry this was so long, Blame it on "Dubya"

China owns you, Pakistan is your best buddy, Saudi Arabia's been
yours for years, Cuba has committed no war crimes, Jordan is your friend, crimes of war and terrorism committed by the United States far exceed the rest of the worlds output many times over since the end of WW2. The Russian Federation is a bit rough at times though, but I can forgive them since they're helping Iran and China to screw you for good. Hey righty they all have far better human rights records than Uncle Sham. I don't blame anything on your retarded leader but I do blame it on empty bottles like you. :lol:

thomaska

Council Member
May 24, 2006
Great Satan
Ok, I'm an empty bottle. Ouchie. I have this mental image in my head of you typing away at the computer cuz the big bad righties are teasing you...this is old but I can't imagine you being any other way..go ahead click it, you know you want to..

http://www.collegehumor.com/movies/1682020/

This is so immature of me, I'll probably regret it, but after youre civil war 2 comment in the other thread, I know there no hope for you. Whenever you need to say something to me, just paste the link above in the post, I'tll be just as effective as your writing

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
I have a hard time believing you have a mental image in your head, civil war #2 it's going to be a big hit all over the planet. I don't need to say anything to you, I just enjoy stepping on your lips.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
thomaska

I know there is a lot of antipathy towards the UN in the U.S.. I also know that the UN is not perfect by any stretch. The veto power given to the five permanent members of the Security Council will eventually destroy the UN because there is no way to take that power back.

What a lot of Americans don't understand is that the freedoms most of us take for granted in North America, are not the norm in most other countries. What we see as human rights are not seen as such in the rest of the world. America, with some justification, sees the leaders of a lot of the member countries as smarmy dictators. Every country has developed differently and all are hoping that the world will come to a time when no country will march, unbidden, into another country without the approval of the rest of the world. The invasion of Iraq was a thirty year step backwards in world diplomacy.

I agree with your take on the behavior of the military. I would add that, the higher the rank of the douchbag, the greater the negative effect.