A Real Hot Topic

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Do you dare? I'll gladly hand deliver to Departure. You buy the beer if you can't eat the second half after the first. I'll buy if you can.

20210922_181909.jpg

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Holy Hell!!! Where is the line between delicious tasty hint of hot but flavourful, and outright insane HOT!!

If given the choice I will go with stuffed jalapeños breaded & safe & flavourful, or pickled Banana Peppers in large quantities.
Heat AND flavour instead of HEAT in place of flavour.

About eight years ago I was in a ghost pepper eating contest in small town Saskatchewan back when I was crushing gravel and I wasn’t the first to tap out but I wasn’t the last…. and after the first one it just stopped being fun.

Way back in the day when B-52 was rocking in Regina, they had the hottest wings I’ve ever had ever!!! if you could eat 24 wings yourself they comped you the wings at a great big pitcher of beer. My personal best record with those hot wings was three….& when I sat there with a glass of whiskey to my lips and my tongue sticking in the ice for a long time. 😉

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Holy Hell!!! Where is the line between delicious tasty hint of hot but flavourful, and outright insane HOT!!

If given the choice I will go with stuffed jalapeños breaded & safe & flavourful, or pickled Banana Peppers in large quantities.
Heat AND flavour instead of HEAT in place of flavour.

About eight years ago I was in a ghost pepper eating contest in small town Saskatchewan back when I was crushing gravel and I wasn’t the first to tap out but I wasn’t the last…. and after the first one it just stopped being fun.

Way back in the day when B-52 was rocking in Regina, they had the hottest wings I’ve ever had ever!!! if you could eat 24 wings yourself they comped you the wings at a great big pitcher of beer. My personal best record with those hot wings was three….& when I sat there with a glass of whiskey to my lips and my tongue sticking in the ice for a long time. 😉
B52 on Albert and 2nd N. That was Villa Pizza if I remember correctly.

The pepper I have remaining is going into a 40 of vodka for my tomato n clam smoothies.

Reactions: Ron in Regina

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Heck yes.

She did well I assume? I'm still hunting. The first option was a wash. Too damn hard to connect with. He works insane hours and is an hour East.

5 more weeks and we'll be home. Maybe 4. It's been quite the adventure out here.

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
It's not the mouth feel it's the stomach ache that kills me now; as to adding that to a bottle of Vodka it's an excellent idea -keep the booze in the freezer and take a tiny shot on a cold evening.

Reactions: petros

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Oh, BTW, I think B52 was Venice not Villa.
I think the Venice Villa thing was the pizza place in the Avonhurst Mall on the curve on Avonhurst.

I think B-52 was always B-52 on the 300 block of Albert. It was the one with all the Oakworks in everyplace that could have wood worked into it. Greek family immigrated in, worked hard to build the place, with the father building all the work work himself….then he passed away right before they opened the restaurant. Left a young mother with two boys less that school-aged to figure it out…& they did.

Reactions: petros and taxslave