88% agree with Harper on niqab

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
how about ones that dance? ;)

nimrod

Electoral Member
Mar 22, 2015
"Unlawful" doesn't necessarily mean to break the law. Go ahead argue with the dictionary.
Statements -like interpretations doesn't do justice to the issue -is more duuuhhh stuff.
You failed to quote the bottom of the article-
Taking all that into consideration, Boswell ruled that the ban on wearing a niqab was unlawful.

As to the case law and number and reading it-why would i bother? It has been interpreted in public by many people with expertise in law (you know judges and stuff)and shot down .Once again you are pretending if i read that who batch of legalese-there will be something there to back your case.

There isn't so just like Gerryh YOU prove it by sending the parts that are relevant-go ahead hang yourself. As to my really really wanting the last words-that is also attacking me personally when you have lost the discussion.
If you go back a few posts-i said to Gerryh-lets give up -we are not going to agree.
He and you want to keep going,but it is useless to reason with some and now you can have the last word -try to say something that is not rude or untrue -

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
"Unlawful" doesn't necessarily mean to break the law. Go ahead argue with the dictionary.
Then quote the law he broke.

Statements -like interpretations doesn't do justice to the issue -is more duuuhhh stuff.
You litter your posts with "duuuhhh stuff".

You failed to quote the bottom of the article-
Taking all that into consideration, Boswell ruled that the ban on wearing a niqab was unlawful.
I didn't need to quote it, I commented on it directly.

As to the case law and number and reading it-why would i bother?
I love it when I'm right...

I doubt he'll read it.

It has been interpreted in public by many people with expertise in law (you know judges and stuff)and shot down .Once again you are pretending if i read that who batch of legalese-there will be something there to back your case.
No, I predicted you wouldn't read the actual court documents from this specific case, where the judge NEVER made the judgement that the minister broke any laws.

There isn't so just like Gerryh YOU prove it by sending the parts that are relevant-go ahead hang yourself.
Prove what?

You made the claim the minister broke the law. You have failed to make your case.

As to my really really wanting the last words-that is also attacking me personally when you have lost the discussion.
I've said nothing of the sort. Stop lying.

He and you want to keep going,but it is useless to reason with some and now you can have the last word -try to say something that is not rude or untrue -
I'll leave the rude and untrue comments to you, since you do them so well.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I also see that MF has bailed on this and left nimrod (appropriate nick) all on his own.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
That's un-Canadian

By EBD on October 2, 2015 7:42 PM | 1 Comment

Headline: Cairo University bans teachers from wearing niqabs:
CAIRO -- The recent decision to ban female staff from wearing the full face veil aims to put an end to student complaints of "poor communication" in class, the head of Egypt's Cairo University said Friday.​
Although the head-to-toe covering known locally as the niqab is "not a phenomenon" among his teachers, Gaber Nassar told The Associated Press that he wants to "cure the disease" before it becomes one.​
Islamic clerics and students have denounced the move as discriminatory, but Nassar said he has the backing of the Grand Mufti, Egypt's top religious authority.​
Grand Mufti Trudeau has yet to issue an official statement.