61,000 dishwashers recalled in Canada, fire hazard

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
The recall applies to dishwasher models from several companies — Bosch, Thermador, Gaggenau, Kenmore, and Jenn-Air. The issue, according to Health Canada, stems from the appliances’ power cords.

The kitchen appliances were sold between January 2013 and May 2015 through several outlets, including home improvement retailers, department stores, and online websites.

About 408,000 units, which were manufactured in the U.S. and Germany, are also being recalled south of the border.

The reference and model numbers for the products can be found on Health Canada’s website (click here). They correspond to the numbers printed inside dishwashers, either on top of the dishwasher’s door or on the right side of the dishwasher’s panel.

https://globalnews.ca/news/3819589/dishwashers-recall-canada-fire-hazard/

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
So they found a way to burn the pan after the food has been eaten
;)
go scientists

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Let me guess, the electric fireplaces don't work either.

Perhaps a Muslim is cheaper than a new cord. I'm not going to say your house won't get burned to the ground as you might be an asshole.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
The domestic Chinese stuff is great I hear. It's the American designed stuff thats timed to burn after the allotted revolutions counted in for turnover, perhaps, the Chinese will built to the customers specs of course. Slagging the Chinese industrial giant will get you nothing. Now that we hooked.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Considering how many millions of theses machines there are in Canada that's not too many being recalled.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
They should also be able to call the fire department, the safest washingmachinces will be internet capable. It would be deducted from your card auto wise. We will have to consult with the Chinese about replication enmass

Something must be done to curb the washingmachine deaths mounting every year under no circumstances should the desire for clean dishes result in death. How many needless deaths are caused by dishwashing in sinks O manual?

I suppose the recall is just for the power cord which when replaced will allow the timer to fail at its allotted hour.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
...so, what other appliances do we all have that were made in North Korea?
;)
damned WiFire

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
I never though of that, sub contracting Chinese primary suppliers, Kim Jong Hung strikes again. When will he stop whipping Americans to defend themselves. If this monster is behind this appliance debacle it could mean war.

It's the artificial christmas trees we should fear this year.

I have to get a spray can of Lysol Christmas or it just won't be real to me.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
;)
damned WiFire
I don't see them listed as needing to be recalled, just the US and Germany. Germ for short.

It's the artificial christmas trees we should fear this year.

I have to get a spray can of Lysol Christmas or it just won't be real to me.
The US model for a smart tree will have the toys being used as a proxy army. (no repairs included, just like their real military boys from home and abroad)

;)
damned WiFire
Pitch forks, holding them back seems to be the only problem so far. Can't really call it a 'defect' really.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
We are being attacked by North Kenmore?

It is possible ( in some crazy leftii nightmare ) nasa wants to drain all the saliva savers to steal everyone's DNA so they can patent us all.
;)
Next they will "recall" all your guns...then your property...your children
then you...

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
We are being attacked by North Kenmore?

It is possible ( in some crazy leftii nightmare ) nasa wants to drain all the saliva savers to steal everyone's DNA so they can patent us all.
;)
Next they will "recall" all your guns...then your property...your children
then you...

Pills, man! You just woke up. Take your pills before you post anything more.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
You don't do satire much in the morning?
sad
that's why they call it mourning

you can adjust your glasses by taking the bourbon out of them