Sep 23, 2015
A good post, but really I mean:
:(
"Joe Biden doesn't care about you, but Justin Trudeau HATES you."

Reactions: Twin_Moose

Cherub786

Nominee Member
Jan 24, 2021
I can't wait to become the 51st state. I already memorized the Star Spangled Banner from watching so much hockey

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
LOl I don't think they want Quebec though.
They don't. There are a lot of US businesses that WON'T do business in Quebec or with Quebec-based businesses. Quebec-based businesses and even Quebec's provincial health insurance had a BAD habit of not paying what they owed to anyone outside of Quebec. In fact at one point there were hospitals in Canada that refused to accept Quebec health cards because they could reasonably assume they weren't gonna get paid.
I wasn't joking back when I said that Quebec has long been regarded as the most corrupt province/state in Canada and the US.

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
They don't. There are a lot of US businesses that WON'T do business in Quebec or with Quebec-based businesses. Quebec-based businesses and even Quebec's provincial health insurance had a BAD habit of not paying what they owed to anyone outside of Quebec. In fact at one point there were hospitals in Canada that refused to accept Quebec health cards because they could reasonably assume they weren't gonna get paid.
I wasn't joking back when I said that Quebec has long been regarded as the most corrupt province/state in Canada and the US.
Ignoring Quebec for the hydro electricity they produce is an oversight and since when did a Canadian hospital ever worry about being paid.

Reactions: Danbones

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Ignoring Quebec for the hydro electricity they produce is an oversight and since when did a Canadian hospital ever worry about being paid.
Well, hospitals come to think of it, I have never heard of them turning anyone away, but when I hadn't realized my health card was out of date, the doctor I was seeing at the time sure let me know in a hurry.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Every goddam time you go in. And now it's also affecting doctors. Plenty of MDs outside of Quebec will not accept their health insurance because they know they're not going to get paid, or only partially paid.
As for their hydro, as a I said elsewhere, f*ck the US.

Reactions: Danbones