2Cellos Live-Smells Like Teen Spirit

Frankiedoodle

Electoral Member
Aug 21, 2015
Saskatchewan
My grandmother played the cello, oh so many years ago. That is why it was so special, that when Mom was in the home, that part of an orchestra came in to play for the afternoon. Wouldn't you know there was 8 cellos. A beautiful afternoon and I an sure that she knew.

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
I used to play the cello, but my parents wouldn't let me play it in the house, or the garage. I had to play on the sidewalk.

I was getting quite a reputation for playing the cello. Not so much because of my musical ability, but because I ended up playing on the roof. On one occasion, the fire dept and the police came to the house to 'rescue' me. I called down to them saying, "Rescue me from my parents, not the roof!"

The story ended happily however. My parents went to Florida on vacation when I was 18. They did not take me. They were avid golfers. One day, my mother hit a ball into the rough, and went into the thickets and high grass to retrieve it. My father went in to help. Both were attacked and eaten by alligators.

A few lessons here.

The first is, karma is a bitch. The cello has a long reach.

Secondly, read and heed the signs on the golf course. DANGER! ALLIGATORS!! DO NOT GO INTO THE ROUGH TO RETRIEVE LOST BALLS!!

Third, don't believe your own publicity about being smarter than everyone else, or being immortal.

I inherited all their money, possessions and the house. My father's study is now a music room. My cello rests contentedly in the space that my father's desk once occupied. The house is now full of music, not the shrill cursing of my mother, or the unintelligible ranting of my alcoholic father.

Nature has once again restored the balance.