Dinning Alone

RomSpaceKnight

Council Member
Oct 30, 2006
London, Ont. Canada
So I went to a "shrink" today and they put me on anti-depressants. After my own heart attack, the loss of my younger brother 4 years ago to a heart attack, the imminent closure of the plant and a sort of uncertain future, plus a lot of mistrust with site leadership I suppose it's not surprising. Lot of sh!t going on in my life. Oh well. Give the meds a few weeks to kick in and should be feeling much better. Going to get some counselling through work for grief. Been 4 years since he passed away. Should be over the overtly emotional stage by now. Wish me luck.

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
So I went to a "shrink" today and they put me on anti-depressants. After my own heart attack, the loss of my younger brother 4 years ago to a heart attack, the imminent closure of the plant and a sort of uncertain future, plus a lot of mistrust with site leadership I suppose it's not surprising. Lot of sh!t going on in my life. Oh well. Give the meds a few weeks to kick in and should be feeling much better. Going to get some counselling through work for grief. Been 4 years since he passed away. Should be over the overtly emotional stage by now. Wish me luck.

*tears* Im SO proud of you! You are an amazing man and Im ......:) You know.

Grief isnt on a time clock and you know that too. Be as gentle with yourself as you are with me my Friend. No luck needed just tons of Love.

marygaspe

Electoral Member
Jan 19, 2007
LOL theres girl stuff to do. The art museum, poe museum if your into him. Shopping LOL

NORFOLK! lol

Count me in! I'm dead serious. Let him wander around battlefields. You and I, let's shop and look around;-)

Last edited:

tanakar

Nominee Member
Feb 14, 2007
Ontario
Count me in! I'm dead serious. Let him wander around battlefields. You and I, let's shop and look around;-)

What's up with that? Travel miles from home, and the first things you gals wanna do is hit the malls?

Odd, considering you usually leave places that have malls-as if a pair of jeans in a different city is totally different from the ones you can buy at home:)

vinod1975

Council Member
Jan 19, 2007
Harare , Zimbabwe
Indian Fish Curry Recipe

250 gms fish washed, sliced
1 cup coriander leaves chopped
2 tomatoes finely chopped
8 cloves garlic
2 green chillies chopped
1 tsp methi seeds
1 tsp coriander powder
A pinch turmeric powder
Salt To Taste
oil as required.

How to make indian fish curry:
  • Marinate the fish in salt and turmeric powder for 15 minutes.
  • Shallow fry the fish pieces, drain and keep aside.
  • Grind the coriander leaves, garlic and green chillies.
  • Heat oil, add masala paste and fry till the oil separates out.
  • Add tomatoes, methi seeds and powder masalas and fry till the oil begins to float on top.
  • Add about 1 cup water. Bring the gravy to a boil.
  • Add the fish slices and cook for 10 minutes.
  • Serve fish curry hot.:laughing7:

vinod1975

Council Member
Jan 19, 2007
Harare , Zimbabwe
Indian Chilli Chicken Recipe

INDIAN CHILLI CHICKEN RECIPE

:)
Ingredients:

500-600gms. boneless chicken (cut into1-inch cubes)
2 tbsp Soya sauce
1 egg
2 tbsp corn flour / corn starch
5-6 green chilies (finely chopped)
2 green onion tops (finely chopped), if available
1 tsp garlic paste
Salt To Taste
1/2 tsp white pepper powder or to taste
1 tsp sugar
A pinch of ajinomoto (optional)
2 cups chicken broth / water
1 tbsp oil
Oil to fry

How to make chili chicken:

• Take 1tbsp. Soya sauce, 1tbsp. corn flour, salt, egg in a bowl and marinate chicken pieces in the mixture for about 10-15 minutes.
  • Heat oil and deep fry the marinated chicken pieces till golden brown.
  • Now in a separate wok / kadhai heat 1 tbsp. oil and add garlic paste and green chilies and sauté for few seconds.
  • Add 2 cups of chicken broth or water. Bring to boil and add sugar, pepper powder, salt, ajinomoto and remaining Soya sauce.
  • Add fried chicken pieces to it and cook for few minutes.
  • Dissolve the remaining corn flour in 1/2 cup water and add to the curry stirring constantly to avoid lumps. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
  • Serve chili chicken hot garnished with chopped green onion tops. Goes well with steamed / boiled rice.

vinod1975

Council Member
Jan 19, 2007
Harare , Zimbabwe
TANDOORI CHICKEN

:smilebox:

Ingredients
  • Chicken drumsticks-10
  • Curds –1/4 cup(plain yogurt)
  • Soysauce –4 tbsp
  • Worcestershire sauce-2tbsp
  • Lime juice-1tbsp
  • Chilli powder-1tsp
  • Tandoori masala –2tbsp
  • Ginger garlic paste-1tsp
  • Turmeric –2 pinch
  • Pepper –2 pinch
  • Honey –1 tsp
  • Salt to taste
Methods
  1. Wash the chicken in cold water and pat it dry.
  2. Add the curds,soysauce,Worcestershire sauce,lime juice,chilli powder,tandoori masala,ginger garlic paste,turmeric,pepper,honey & salt.
  3. Marinate maximum with 10 hrs to 24 hrs.
  4. Heat the 400 degree oven and cook chicken 20 mts on each sides.
  5. Serve hot with rice and curry.

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
What's up with that? Travel miles from home, and the first things you gals wanna do is hit the malls?

Odd, considering you usually leave places that have malls-as if a pair of jeans in a different city is totally different from the ones you can buy at home:)

Its not the actually shopping for me, its the window shopping. I go into Gallerys dressed to the nines and they want to sell me the shop! I'll definately have to take her to Cary Town its about a mile long of beautiful ecclectic shops. Its absolutely FAB!

vinod1975

Council Member
Jan 19, 2007
Harare , Zimbabwe
:happy11:
My wife and I was there in Boston in may 2005 for about 3 months. In all that time, we’ve tried several Indian restaurants about the place. While we haven’t gone out to Worcester, where we’ve heard of some good places, we’ve seen quite a few in the Boston metro and surrounding areas.
Now, here’s the thing. Most Indian restaraunts are just like every other Indian restaurant. You’ll get your chicken tikka masala at a lunch buffet, etc etc, yada yada, nothing exciting. You might feel trendy, though.
The first place we went to was one of those every-other places in Porter Square. Average food, average prices. The next one is some place in Harvard. Now the food wasn’t great, but the atmosphere is great if you’re a pretentious yuppy trendsetter/Harvard person.
Right across the street from where I used to work (I still work for the same employer, but we’re now located in a different city), was the Ambassador, another every-other place. No links for those, by the way, because they’re just not worth recommending.
Two weeks ago we went down to party-happy Waltham and tried out Mother India. Wow. You pay more for less quality.