Small Towns

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
Actually a city in my case as Dryden is the smallest city by population in Ontario.

Just a shit hole with a pulp mill along the way to most but a nice thing happened to me that I would like to share when I lost my key to the community garden where I keep a hive of bees and after searching every pocket twice for a week I resigned myself to going through the process of getting another key only to find someone had found the key and handed it in. Turns out I had left it in the lock. Nice in my opinion that someone would take the time.

A second experience happened earlier in the year when I goofed up on using General Delivery as an address not knowing Fed Ex was driving from Thunder Bay each day. When I went to the post office it was explained that General Delivery no longer existed. Two days later my parcel showed up in my mail box.

Just saying it doesn't happen everywhere like that. It's not all bad.

Reactions: petros

harrylee

Man of Memes
Mar 22, 2019
Ontario
I moved out of what used to be a small town in the GTA in 2007. This small town I moved to reminds me of my home town 50 years ago. You couldn't drag me back there.
Been through Dryden a couple of times, seems nice.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Actually a city in my case as Dryden is the smallest city by population in Ontario.

Just a shit hole with a pulp mill along the way to most but a nice thing happened to me that I would like to share when I lost my key to the community garden where I keep a hive of bees and after searching every pocket twice for a week I resigned myself to going through the process of getting another key only to find someone had found the key and handed it in. Turns out I had left it in the lock. Nice in my opinion that someone would take the time.

A second experience happened earlier in the year when I goofed up on using General Delivery as an address not knowing Fed Ex was driving from Thunder Bay each day. When I went to the post office it was explained that General Delivery no longer existed. Two days later my parcel showed up in my mail box.

Just saying it doesn't happen everywhere like that. It's not all bad.
I like Dryden. Good fishing in the Noogibaw (Wabigoon).

TheShadow

Electoral Member
Apr 24, 2020
Grand Bend
I live in a town that had about 2k when I moved here.

Now it has about 5k.

However it's a resort town that balloons to well over 50k in the summer and gets nuts.

The boom in building here has made it sorta annoying during tourist season.