Omnibus Russia Ukraine crisis

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
I saw the movie Sound of Freedom and the stats are mortifying about human trafficking of children world-wide! How evil are we not to address this & instead mock the film as being Qanon propaganda! It's ridiculous considering it's based on a true story & the stats are from governments for heaven sake. Trafficking of women & children has become more lucrative than drugs because they can be "sold" for sex 5 - 10 times A DAY! My heart bleeds for these kids.

who gets to say what the definition of a woman is ?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I saw the movie Sound of Freedom and the stats are mortifying about human trafficking of children world-wide! How evil are we not to address this & instead mock the film as being Qanon propaganda! It's ridiculous considering it's based on a true story & the stats are from governments for heaven sake. Trafficking of women & children has become more lucrative than drugs because they can be "sold" for sex 5 - 10 times A DAY! My heart bleeds for these kids.
In what way are "we" not addressing this?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Why is it being dismissed even when a factual docudrama? Its made by and promoted by hardcore Catholics.

• Wow
Reactions: Dixie Cup

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Why is it being dismissed even when a factual docudrama? Its made by and promoted by hardcore Catholics.
I don't know that they are necessarily "Catholics" but certainly "big bad" Christians, you know - people who actually care about kids - the Extremists.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I don't know that they are necessarily "Catholics" but certainly "big bad" Christians, you know - people who actually care about kids - the Extremists.
Not christian, Catholic. Almost all involved are Catholic.

“Sound of Freedom,” an anti-human-trafficking film made by Catholic filmmakers Eduardo Verástegui and Alejandro Monteverde and starring Catholic actor Jim Caviezel, continues to top the box office charts.18 juill. 2023

https://www.catholicnewsagency.com › ...

'Sound of Freedom' makes history at the box office | Catholic News Agency

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Reactions: 55Mercury

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Either way, they're considered "bad" which was my point.
Why? For protecting gays and lesbians from being murdered? Pro-Life but still pro death on rape, incest and mothers health. All these mothers in danger thinking they can't get scraped simple need to go to a Catholic hospital. Law or no law. They have enough lawyers to fight almost anything

Reactions: Twin_Moose

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Ukraine TV host who survived assassination attempt on Playboy cover

Author of the article:Brad Hunter
Published Aug 04, 2023 • Last updated 1 day ago • 1 minute read
Iryna Bilotserkovets, who survived an assassination attempt, is now on the cover of Ukraine Playboy. PLAYBOY
Iryna Bilotserkovets, who survived an assassination attempt, is now on the cover of Ukraine Playboy. PLAYBOY
A gutsy Ukrainian TV host who survived a Russian assassination attempt is now posing for the cover of Playboy.

Iryna Bilotserkovets is shown on the cover — the first Ukrainian issue of the magazine since January — wearing a metal bikini and eye patch after reconstructive surgery rebuilt her face.

She was hit by bullets while driving through Kyiv with her three children last year. Her husband is an aide to the city’s mayor, Vitali Klitschko.

The attack occurred on Feb. 26, 2022 — just three days after Russian troops flooded into Ukraine.

PLAYBOY
PLAYBOY
But while she survived the attack, Bilotserkovets went through months of harrowing medical treatment and reconstructive surgery in Germany. Doctors in Ukraine believed she was “probably going to die.”

Now, she is giving Russian strongman Vladimir Putin the middle finger.

“An eye missing, tubes sticking out everywhere, hair shaved off from surgery,” she told Playboy. “Stitches, scars, wounds everywhere; I was just Frankenstein’s monster. My jaw had shattered, like a twig.

“I no longer have a pretty face, but the rest of my body is beautiful.”

BOLSTERING THE TROOPS: Iryna Bilotserkovets, who survived an assassination attempt, is now on the cover of Ukraine Playboy. @bukanero101/TWITTER
BOLSTERING THE TROOPS: Iryna Bilotserkovets, who survived an assassination attempt, is now on the cover of Ukraine Playboy. @bukanero101/TWITTER
Not only did she lose an eye but her jaw was shattered and she was left with scars all over her body. Four operations later, it’s tough to complain. But in her most dire moments, she said she wasn’t worried about her looks: She wanted to survive.

“It was not a question of preserving my beauty; it was a question of whether I would live or not,” she said.

The Ukraine edition of Playboy said the brave mom now works for the country’s cultuual forces and puts on events for the troops. The skin mag entitled the edition: “Women Stay Strong.”

The mag said: “[We are looking at the] resilience of Ukrainian women who have been injured during the war but who have not lost their thirst for life.”

Proceeds from the sales will go towards buying medical supplies for the army.

bhunter@postmedia.com

@HunterTOSun
1691283438526.png1691283672852.png1691283691916.png

Reactions: Twin_Moose