Omnibus Russia Ukraine crisis

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
We were being taught metric and imperial side-by-side in the mid to late 70s when I was in school… because all of our textbooks where in imperial, but metric had already been brought in.

Canada made its first formal switch from imperial to metric units on April 1, 1975. That was the first day weather reports gave temperatures in degrees Celsius, rather than Fahrenheit. Many did not take kindly to the change.
I still don't. I even have my computer showing me the temp in Fahrenheit. Celsius doesn't tell me how hot or cold it is, ya know, until it starts getting really cold.
Same with lbs and kgs. I'll have no part of that kg nonsense.

Reactions: Twin_Moose

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
You guys are complaining about the tip of the iceberg.What you fail to realize is our ENTIRE system of language and measure is utterly screwed up. Anyone coming here from another planet would be utterly stunned that we manage to get through the day with the way we look at things

"Apartments" are what we call places that are all attached We call them buildings but f they're done shouldn't they be called builts?
Or in the case of where I live, a 'crumbling'.

Reactions: The_Foxer

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Well, "surrounded by loving family and devoted friends at age 93" was probably right-the-fuck out the door when he was born in Russia.
63 is considered very old in Russia for a male. Not kidding.

What is the life expectancy in Russia 2022?

The life expectancy for females in Russia has increased over the years. In 2018, the average life expectancy was 77 years for females and in 2022 it is expected to be 78 years. In fact, the life expectancy for males has also increased between 2018-2022. In 2018 it was 65 years and in 2022 it is 67 years.