CHINESE SPY BALLOON! RUN AND HIDE!

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
WTF - where are you seeing that there's a chinese balloon over Montana!?! Of all the places in the world you'd think the chinese would want aerial survelance of, that would be the last place.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
WTF - where are you seeing that there's a chinese balloon over Montana!?! Of all the places in the world you'd think the chinese would want aerial survelance of, that would be the last place.
Montana and North Dakota house the capability to punctuate a new geological era within 30 minutes.

1675390330373.png
This is just a blip if MT. Lewis and Clark county of I recall. If no, oops.

Each spot is a nuke silo.

Reactions: Twin_Moose

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Montana and North Dakota house the capability to punctuate a new geological era within 30 minutes.

View attachment 17164
This is just a blip if MT. Lewis and Clark county of I recall. If no, oops.

Each spot is a nuke silo.
Yeah but what's the point watching a nuke silo with a balloon? If they want to launch, they'd just have to pop the balloon.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Communications and jamming (electronic warfare).

Or LIDAR. To determine speed of a missle to pop the can at depth.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Communications and jamming (electronic warfare).

Or LIDAR. To determine speed of a missle to pop the can at depth.
I still feel like it would be pretty easy to pop the balloon first - but in fairness i'm not up to date with balloon related combat techniques.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
As Jin recognized, it's provocation for provocation's sake.

Only a handful of the oldest Chinese remember a military tactic other than gunning down helpless peasants and students or the spectacularly effective technique of ramming. With a fighter.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I thought maybe they were trying to recreate the Japanese balloon bombs

We should respond with the dreaded Peenemunde bomb!

Late in The Big One, the Germans constructed a fake airfield near the northern city of Peenemunde. A standard tactic, it was used by both sides (we had a whole fake fleet and aircraft at Dover to distract from our actual invasion forces for D-Day). They had fake runways, fake buildings, a fake tower, fake fuel dumps, and fake aircraft in fake revetments. But British Intelligence (for once not necessarily an oxymoron) was onto them, and the day after they finished the airfield, a lone Lancaster bomber appeared in the sky above, and dropped. . . a balsa-wood bomb.

• Haha
Reactions: Taxslave2

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
"The Chinese foreign ministry claimed Friday that the suspected Chinese high-altitude surveillance balloon flying over the continental United States is a “civilian airship” used mainly for weather research that deviated from its planned course. "

Honest Mr Americans - we like 99 percent sure that's not the one with the death ray!