Migrant Caravan

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
The Pineapple Express gone haywire from el Nino.The PE (renamed to an atmospheric river) consistently hits Hiida Gwaii like a giant fire hose.
Wait wait, wait....wait. Did they rename the PE in a pathetic effort to make it sound like something new was happening because of "AGW"? Or did they change the name because Pineapple Express became trademarked or because it's also a strain of cannabis or something.

Reactions: petros

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Wait wait, wait....wait. Did they rename the PE in a pathetic effort to make it sound like something new was happening because of "AGW"? Or did they change the name because Pineapple Express became trademarked or because it's also a strain of cannabis or something.

No, it has everything to do with where it originates; Hawai'i.

It's just another term for Atmospheric River and it's been around for a while.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Wow - you've managed to learn mimicry! Well done, you're now as smart as the average parrot.

When you're making reasonable points you get treated reasonably, even if i disagree.

When you're a moron you get treated like a moron. You were definitely being a moron.

Lets recap our conversation.

You "But - weather happen before, me see storm before".

A single storm is of no relevance, but when there's a pattern of storms then that indicates something abnormal may be happening.

There was this one storm!

Ok - that's still a single storm.

ummmm and this storm!!

Still a single storm.

Umm err umm - and this one!

That one doesn't even exist.

Ooooo - you think you so smart, you bad person.

Riiiiight.

Sorry bud - sometimes for whatever reason you just can't get your head around a basic concept and then the only thing i can do is point and laugh.
Except everything that is happening now has happened before , why can you not grasp this simple fact ? Wanker .

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Well "they" as in the weather service didn't rename it - but i think the Media absolutely decided to switch to using it instead of pineapple express exactly because they wanted to stir up a sense of concern and fear that global warming had created some 'new' threat which hadn't existed before. In fairness not all 'atmospheric rivers' are 'pinapple expresses" but when they weren't in the past they just called them 'heavy rainstorms' or the like.

I think they just look at it as a way to sell papers. If people are worried about some 'new' phenomenon they will tune in and read papers etc to learn more about it and to see if one is about to hit us etc etc. And lets face it, "pineapple express" doesn't sound very threatening ;) That ain't gonna make you any ad revenue, other than perhaps an endorsement from Dole.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Except everything that is happening now has happened before , why can you not grasp this simple fact ? Wanker .
Except it hasn't. As discussed. And we're back to the beginning where you try to argue that 2+2 doesn't equal 4. If it snowed for 365 days straight in the lower mainland you would say "well nothing unusual about this because i've seen snow before". But in fact it would be VERY unusual and in fact it would NEVER have happened before even though you've seen it snow once. It's stunning that you're too stupid to grasp that. Honestly - who get your shoes tied for you each morning , or do you have a machine for that?

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Except it hasn't. As discussed. And we're back to the beginning where you try to argue that 2+2 doesn't equal 4. If it snowed for 365 days straight in the lower mainland you would say "well nothing unusual about this because i've seen snow before". But in fact it would be VERY unusual and in fact it would NEVER have happened before even though yoou've seen it snow once. It's stunning that you're too stupid to grasp that. Honestly - who get your shoes tied for you each morning , or do you have a machine for that?
We have seen days in the 100’s , prior to the devastating heat wave , we have seen days and / or stretches of days in the 0 degree range prior to recent freeze . We have had bigger and longer snow events . We have also had droughts that match last years . What ever you think is weird or abnormal has happened before . Read some history man .

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
We have seen days in the 100’s
Oh look - the moron is back to trying to claim that a single event is relevant. This has been explained to you a dozen times.

And no, we've never seen anything like the heat bubble across bc, that was unique. That's why it was talked about so much. Tell me - what year did we have an event that was the same across bc?
We have had bigger and longer snow events .

Not with the ice rain and the very sudden extreme dop in temperature followed by that kind of extreme rise in temperature followed with such heavy rain. Tell me what year we had that. We didn't. That's a very unusual weather pattern for us. I don't think its' ever happened that we know of.

We have also had droughts that match last years
Nope. That was new. What year did we ever have that kind of drought in the lower mainland in the fall? Please -elighten me. It's just like your fake hurricane, never happened.

And you're still missing the point. I'll say it super slowly for you. "A... SINGLE... EVENT... WOULDN'T... MEAN... MUCH". But when you have a pattern of extremes, especially a repeating pattern, then that is something else.

SO - name me a year where we had record heat bubbles, record low temps for extended periods, and never before or rarely before seen phenomenon such as the heavy ice rain we saw in parts of the lower mainland that just don't get it IN THE SAME YEAR - then most of them repeat the next year with the heat bubble being replaced with a never before seen fall drought.

You just say shit that's not true to make yourself feel better.

Sorry kiddo - you're just too stupid for this conversation.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Wow - you've managed to learn mimicry! Well done, you're now as smart as the average parrot.

When you're making reasonable points you get treated reasonably, even if i disagree.

When you're a moron you get treated like a moron. You were definitely being a moron.

Lets recap our conversation.

You "But - weather happen before, me see storm before".

A single storm is of no relevance, but when there's a pattern of storms then that indicates something abnormal may be happening.

There was this one storm!

Ok - that's still a single storm.

ummmm and this storm!!

Still a single storm.

Umm err umm - and this one!

That one doesn't even exist.

Ooooo - you think you so smart, you bad person.

Riiiiight.

Sorry bud - sometimes for whatever reason you just can't get your head around a basic concept and then the only thing i can do is point and laugh.
What's your version? Climate change?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
We have seen days in the 100’s , prior to the devastating heat wave , we have seen days and / or stretches of days in the 0 degree range prior to recent freeze . We have had bigger and longer snow events . We have also had droughts that match last years . What ever you think is weird or abnormal has happened before . Read some history man .
I don't think he is from there.

Somebody needs a week off to dry out and think about life.

What do you think?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Yuuuuuuuup! But at the same time no. There are "atmospheric rivers" all over the planet but only one is called the Pineapple Express. Guess where that one starts and makes landfall.

Last edited:

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
What's your version? Climate change?
What's my version of what?

Is this what this is about for you? You don't like the idea of climate change and you're afraid the current weather changes in bc (which i've said may or may not be permanent) somehow represent climate change so you don't want them to be true?

So you're having a hissy fit and spouting nonsense to try to deny climate change?

This isn't about climate change. Or at least it isn't as far as i know. What iv'e said is the weather in the last two years is not normal for the region and is causing massive problems. Sorry that threw you into such an emotional tizzy.

Btw - the climate has been changing on earth for the last 4 billion years or so, so if you find climate change so upsetting i have some really bad news. its probably going to continue to happen. Yeash.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
I don't think he is from there.

Somebody needs a week off to dry out and think about life.

What do you think?
I don't think he's from here either, But it's not really relevant. The facts are the facts and they can be accessed from anywhere. I"m not sure that drying him out would help anything.

I'd suggest you worry about your own problems first.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
"This has never happened before."

For something that has never happened before it didn't break the record rainfall for Hope which was set in 1990. 2021 was 277mm while 1990 was 307mm.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
He admitted to not being from there and has no first hand experience to call on.
I remember what I have lived through , can’t say the exact years but is completely normal to have a snow fall followed by freezing then more snow and flooding rain .

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
I remember what I have lived through , can’t say the exact years but is completely normal to have a snow fall followed by freezing then more snow and flooding rain .
I also remember years we had virtually no snow .

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
It won't be the last time either.

In another 6-8 weeks, SK will be nailed by the PIneapple Express bringing us massive snowfalls from the Sierras.