Omnibus Russia Ukraine crisis

taxme

Time Out
Feb 11, 2020
Who the fack you responding to me or Pete? Isn't Ukraine trying to fight for their freedom of choice?

Hitler was 1 misstep away from conquering all of Europe and Northern Asia

I wonder what the world would be like today if Hitler did win the war. It's for bloody sure that hundreds of millions o0f innocent lives would probably have been saved as Hitler despised and hated communism. Hitler was that close to Stalin's communism. Aw well, we will never know now.

Not you, sorry. It was meant for someone, but I cannot recall who now. The truckers were also trying to fight for freedom of speech and choice in Canada. Did you support the truckers or attack and mock them, like so many have done here, seeing that you appear to be in support for Ukraine freedom of choice? Just asking.

taxme

Time Out
Feb 11, 2020
This is the bare minimum amount of equipment that Russia lost verified by pictures or videos

Russia - 7994, of which: destroyed: 4899, damaged: 194, abandoned: 300, captured: 2598​

The USA wastes more money than that in covert operations around the world

Pictures and videos can lie. You do not even know yourself if that military equipment is either Russia's or Ukraine's equipment or both combined. I could show you videos and pictures that were taken on the moon showing buildings sitting there. Will you believe me? Of course, you will, right? :unsure:

The USA wastes trillions of tax dollars on unnecessary wars and covert operations. Good old senile Joe has already blown trillions of tax dollars since he took office. Even our own dear Marxist leader in Ottawa blows billions of our tax dollars every year on useless globalist communist programs and agendas. Polticians love blowing tax dollars just for fun. (n)

taxme

Time Out
Feb 11, 2020
Actually, loss analysis is pretty easy when it comes to Russian armour. First off Russia has over 12,000 tanks in its inventory. It's long used its armour force as a "fear weapon" against Europe.
But here's the reality. When Russia invaded Ukraine they only had about 3400 tanks available that were capable of engaging in modern warfare. The rest of their tanks are Soviet-era scrap iron with a handful of T-72s that were upgraded with modern gear and could be ready to roll in a relatively short time. Some of the rest of the scrap iron could be refitted/rebuilt but it's questionable if that would be cheaper and quicker than just building new tanks. Of which Russia is currently only capable of producing about 60 per month.
Keep in mind they have almost ZERO spare parts for those Soviet-era tanks.
This year Russia lost a BUNCH of MBTs, either destroyed or abandoned and captured. In fact, one of the biggest contributors to the Ukraine's armoured forces is Russia.
Right now it's estimated that Russia is down to around 200 modern warfare capable MBTs with several hundred others leaning to the obsolescent side. Total estimated armoured force currently for Russia; 1200 tanks. That's a loss of over 2/3 of what they started with.

Meanwhile the Russian air force is as useless as tits on a bull. That's not a knock against their pilots but a knock against Russia's production and logistical nightmares. As a result, the Ukrainians were able to build up their air defences making high, medium and low-level attacks almost suicidal for Russian pilots.

Right now China is probably watching and thinking, "Hmmm we could take a nice bite out of Russia and expand our own territory. What are they going to do about it?"

Okay, I get it. You are just another Nazi Zelensky supporter. Come on, man, just admit it will ya. I wish someone here could produce and show me as to how much military hardware Ukraine has lost since this feud with Russia began. Nazi Zelensky seems to be always asking with hands out for more and more money and more military equipment from other countries. It certainly looks to me as though Zelensky is not doing all that well in the military hardware department. He must be losing a lot of military stuff. Just from my observations. :unsure:

America would love nothing more than be able to start a war with Russia. Would China just sit back and watch a war between Russia and America, or would they team up with Russia and help them with military equipment? Who knows. After all, China and America are not the best of friends these days. I believe that China would prefer to back up Russia rather then they would team up with America. America has been known to show a friendly face with many countries, but at some point, in time America has been also known for turning their backs on many countries who piss them off because they would not go along with them over some issue or event. Just my opinion.

taxme

Time Out
Feb 11, 2020
I'm also thinking Kamchatka as well. That would give China Pacific naval ports real close to North America.

Well then, all you anti Putin fans here, you had better get on Russia's side if you do not want to see any Russian land being taken over by China. Just saying.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
You did? I must have missed it. Can you point this out to me again. Thanks.
Yes, i did. At length. Post 2444. I'll repost the bulk of it here to save you looking it up

"The answer is obvious. This isn't about ukraine per se (tho many Canadians are from there or their families were), this is about russian aggression. If putin were to win this war, what's next. You think he'd stop? And by the way - we have a contested border with them as well in the north, and they've been very pushy about that. It is in Canada's best interests that Russia lose this war badly and deplete it's men and materials and money doing it. A weakened russia is less threat to our country and believe me the threat there is real."

So there you go. We have nato allies that russia is threatening and interested in and if he wins in ukraine then he'll be emboldened to act on those - that could drag us and our soldiers into wars we don't want to have to fight.

The chances of a military confrontation over the north west passage is very real, and the weaker russia is the less they'll consider that option.

And a russian loss actually makes china think twice about some of it's militaristic adventures.

Economically it benefits us as well if they lose.

Pretty much across the board russia being significantly weakened by losing it's men and gear and money fighting this war works to keep Canadian interests cheaper

Reactions: Ron in Regina