Majority of Canadians have now caught COVID — so what does that mean for the future?

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Interestingly, opinions about the anti-covid measures are changing.

Personally i think they had little choice in the early days when they didn't know what they were dealing with and had no treatments. But it dragged on way too long and went way too far in some cases.

Hopefully we won't see that again.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Interestingly, opinions about the anti-covid measures are changing.

Personally i think they had little choice in the early days when they didn't know what they were dealing with and had no treatments. But it dragged on way too long and went way too far in some cases.

Hopefully we won't see that again.
Anyone who did the math knew they were safe from the start . Funny how the bought and paid for media don’t understand simple arithmetic .

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Anyone who did the math knew they were safe from the start . Funny how the bought and paid for media don’t understand simple arithmetic .
Sure they do - You give me xxx dollars, i say what you want :) They just don't care about any math beyond that.

Wise

Electoral Member
Mar 3, 2019

"Majority of Canadians have now caught COVID"​

I've heard of herd immunity. Maybe this is what it will mean.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Funny that "herd immunity" applies to everything but Covid. Don't 'cha know? So it's got nothing to do with health and everything to do with control. And they're not done yet.
Actually both of your statements are true, even tho you meant one in sarcasm.

Not 'covid' really, but omicron is resistant to ALL immunities. There's scientific reasons for this, and it's pretty well documented. The vaccines which did a great job to prevent transmission with the original and a solid job of doing so against delta do nothing against omicron, and neither does natural immunity.

However - both do a great deal in reducing severity. And despite more people having "covid" than ever before by leaps and bounds - nobody's dying. Few are getting hospitalized. It's basically just another flu.

And the gov't is pissed off that they can't control people the way they were - AND that now that nobody cares about it anymore they're starting to look around at some of the OTHER problems we've got that the gov'ts have been ignoring for the last few years.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
The vaccines did nothing to stop transmission. Nothing.
Of course they did. The evidence is pretty clear. But whatever. It's pretty much over now anyway, you're free to believe whichever conspiracy site you prefer.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Did nothing to reduce severity either .
Absolutely did, and there's really no arguing that. But as mentioned it's over now anyway so you're free to believe that or that the moon landing was faked or that the us gov't was behind 911 or whatever tickles your fancy.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Of course they did. The evidence is pretty clear. But whatever. It's pretty much over now anyway, you're free to believe whichever conspiracy site you prefer.
Bullshit.

(CNN)Fully vaccinated people who get a Covid-19 breakthrough infection can transmit the virus, US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky said Thursday.

"Our vaccines are working exceptionally well," Walensky told CNN's Wolf Blitzer. "They continue to work well for Delta, with regard to severe illness and death -- they prevent it. But what they can't do anymore is prevent transmission."

That's why the CDC changed its guidance last week and is now recommending even vaccinated people wear masks indoors again, Walensky said

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
"Our vaccines are working exceptionally well," Walensky told CNN's Wolf Blitzer. "They continue to work well for Delta, with regard to severe illness and death
Well you just shot PGS out of the water.
But what they can't do anymore is prevent transmission."

Sure. But there's a difference between prevention and reduction. As i said - worked Great for the first one (the source you posted seems to claim it prevented it ) - but with delta it did a solid but less effective job. As per here:

You still got breakthrough infections with delta. It couldn't prevent all transmissions. AND - if someone DID get infected obviously they could still transmit the virus, tho they tended to be contagious for a lesser time.

So - reduced transmission. But not no transmission.

So when you say it did nothing that would be completely and utterly wrong for delta. It did much. But it did allow some transmission, more so than the original.

It does nothing against omicron at all as far as transmission goes. But - we agreed on that already i believe. And omicron is not the threat that original or delta was.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Well the entire body of science and study says they did but sure. Not once. Ever! Why not.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Well you just shot PGS out of the water.

Sure. But there's a difference between prevention and reduction. As i said - worked Great for the first one (the source you posted seems to claim it prevented it ) - but with delta it did a solid but less effective job. As per here:

You still got breakthrough infections with delta. It couldn't prevent all transmissions. AND - if someone DID get infected obviously they could still transmit the virus, tho they tended to be contagious for a lesser time.

So - reduced transmission. But not no transmission.

So when you say it did nothing that would be completely and utterly wrong for delta. It did much. But it did allow some transmission, more so than the original.

It does nothing against omicron at all as far as transmission goes. But - we agreed on that already i believe. And omicron is not the threat that original or delta was.
Pretzel logic .

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Well the entire body of science and study says they did but sure. Not once. Ever! Why not.
There are many studies that say the opposite but they don’t count in the entire body of science apparently .