Florida indoctrinating it's teachers?

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Oh! Well, I guess that makes it OK.

Just like it was OK to wipe out the Natives because "Indians fought wars too."

I'd love to see the justification for the Trail of Tears that these morons would give.

Then again I think I already know - the Natives were happy about leaving and had no problems/issues (that's the reason I've heard about it already).

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I'd love to see the justification for the Trail of Tears that these morons would give.

Then again I think I already know - the Natives were happy about leaving and had no problems/issues (that's the reason I've heard about it already).
Besides, we fought wars too. So it was OK.

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022

I don’t know about happy to leave, but it appears some of my forefathers saw the writing on the wall and left a year or 2 ahead of the Trail of Tears. Still wound up in the same shithole though.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.

Hey they could have done what they are accused off and killed them all .

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Downplaying? Fuck...right...off! The leftist shits have been outright denying there where White slaves in colonial America for god knows how long now. To whine that Florida teachers are "downplaying" slavery in America is the fucking height of gross hypocrisy.
But of course they gotta deny White slavery because the Black people who whine about slavery would have less room to point at Whitey.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Downplaying? Fuck...right...off! The leftist shits have been outright denying there where White slaves in colonial America for god knows how long now. To whine that Florida teachers are "downplaying" slavery in America is the fucking height of gross hypocrisy.
But of course they gotta deny White slavery because the Black people who whine about slavery would have less room to point at Whitey.

I see you're low again.

1660890281585.png

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick

On a serious note, Jinny, where did the white slaves come from? Honestly interested since this is the first I've heard of it (so not denying it happened, just FYI, and honesty it's fully likely that it did).

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Tu quoque. And once again it's "the leftists." And not one single document of who the leftists are.

But it's nice to see you approve of this practice. Leastways when your side does it.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Tu quoque. And once again it's "the leftists." And not one single document of who the leftists are.

But it's nice to see you approve of this practice. Leastways when your side does it.

I'm honestly wondering what "White slaves" he's talking about.

And of course Jin would never see that the truth is Florida, and other states (Texas) ARE trying to downplay slavery in America.

Cause it doesn't fit the narrative of "The US was never a bad nation!"

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I'm honestly wondering what "White slaves" he's talking about.

And of course Jin would never see that the truth is Florida, and other states (Texas) ARE trying to downplay slavery in America.

Cause it doesn't fit the narrative of "The US was never a bad nation!"
Either indenture (which was distinct from slavery, but is useful for people desperately seeking to face up to their past), or the rare occurrences where a White person was held captive (which is actually kidnapping).

Either way, this will be the right's standard response even when you point out that in every state in the United States (all of which had slavery, just the northern states did away with it much earlier) White people could not, by law, be slaves.

Reactions: Serryah

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Either indenture (which was distinct from slavery, but is useful for people desperately seeking to face up to their past), or the rare occurrences where a White person was held captive (which is actually kidnapping).

Either way, this will be the right's standard response even when you point out that in every state in the United States (all of which had slavery, just the northern states did away with it much earlier) White people could not, by law, be slaves.

True. And, since I'd never heard of it before, I did a look into it; first hit was this whole "Irish Slaves" thing, which is not true. And a few other things that come out as indenture, not actual slavery.

So hence why I'm interested to know where this idea comes from.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
True. And, since I'd never heard of it before, I did a look into it; first hit was this whole "Irish Slaves" thing, which is not true. And a few other things that come out as indenture, not actual slavery.

So hence why I'm interested to know where this idea comes from.
It wasn't just immigrants. People could sell themselves into bondage for a term of years, usually for a cash payment that went to their families. Children could be so sold BY their families. It's why the Thirteenth Amendment starts with "Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude. . ."

And, typically, the right underplays the difference to support their bullshit "We had it tough, too!" Bondpeople had rights. Their "owners" could not kill them just for fun, and it remained illegal to beat them beyond the kind of "discipline" that was accepted for children, women, and men low on the socio-economic ladder.

Most crucially, bondage wasn't hereditary. You couldn't rape your bondwoman and then own the issue of that rape. No child was born in bondage.

Essentially, bondpeople were human beings, living and working under contracts so harsh we outlawed them.

Slaves were not human. They were, by legal definition, chattel property.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Our righties should look into emigrating to Floriduh. Most recently, a judge has struck down provisions of Floriduh's "Stop Woke Act" which purported to tell PRIVATE corporations how they could and could not train their employees.

I like the Act. It lays bare the inescapable truth (though I'm sure the righties will do their best, bringing their entire bag of logical fallacies). . . DuhSantis and the Floriduh legislature value White male Christian supremacy above freedom of speech, above private property, above democracy, and above every other principle upon which the U.S. was founded.

Floriduh: Come for the mouse. Stay for the Nazism.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Our righties should look into emigrating to Floriduh. Most recently, a judge has struck down provisions of Floriduh's "Stop Woke Act" which purported to tell PRIVATE corporations how they could and could not train their employees.

I like the Act. It lays bare the inescapable truth (though I'm sure the righties will do their best, bringing their entire bag of logical fallacies). . . DuhSantis and the Floriduh legislature value White male Christian supremacy above freedom of speech, above private property, above democracy, and above every other principle upon which the U.S. was founded.

Floriduh: Come for the mouse. Stay for the Nazism.
From a resident of Maryland . LOL

Reactions: Taxslave2

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
White Deniers. Sold convicts, orphans, women as breeders....

They wanted it.