Bill’s C-10 & C-11. If we aren’t talking about it already, shouldn’t we be?

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
So... if I think this entire thing is stupid and the Libs are idiots for even proposing it and thinking it'll pass...

Am I still a "liberal"??
Not all Liberals (or any other political party supporters) are a “Group-Mind” like the Borg but what other party is trying to ram though this odiferous piece of censorship?

Reactions: Dixie Cup

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
So... if I think this entire thing is stupid and the Libs are idiots for even proposing it and thinking it'll pass...

Am I still a "liberal"??
I hope it doesn't pass otherwise we may as well forget about being free in any aspect of our lives. If we can't get rid of the \liberals, we really are in trouble if we're not already. This Bill cannot pass & we need to contact our legislators & tell them that they will suffer if they allow this to happen.

• Haha
Reactions: taxme and Serryah

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
The NDP & The Liberals are the same party for all intents & purposes since long before Justin & Jagmeet came out’a the closet with their “non-coalition coalition.” They couldn’t not come out of the closet after the trucker rally thing in Ottawa because it became so evident that they had the same speech writer for the same slander and stories going into February 2022. There was no more hiding this from their parents any longer.

They’re in bed together & married until at least 2025. They’re the same! Any criticism from the NDP of the Liberals is self criticism at best & outright hypocrisy in reality. If Jagmeet & the crew of orange don’t support the liberal shenanigans then just stop freaking supporting the liberals!!!

Reactions: taxme and Dixie Cup

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
I just don’t get all the fuss.. get a VPN!!
Why? Why should a non-criminal have to hid from their own government behind a VPN to watch or read the content that they wish to, or from expressing themselves in a free and open society?

If I was Funnelling funds to terrorist organizations or trading illegal human organs for weapons of mass destruction, I’d get a VPN, but I’m not. If I think Justin Trudeau is an incompetent unethical boob, I shouldn’t have the CRTC having the authority from said boob to throttling my opinion as misinformation or disinformation on a political forum, & I shouldn’t have to sound like a tinfoil hat theorist for thinking that might be a conclusion from not towing the Trudeau line of approved words and thoughts.

Reactions: taxme and petros

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
This is actually a BIG problem right now. While the Fed is taking more and more autonomy from the provinces, they're also downloading more and more govt responsibility onto the courts and various organizations that are in no way accountable to the taxpaying voter. It's plausible deniability on a mass scale.

Reactions: Ron in Regina

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Non Criminal… you’re hiding your information from Criminals and the Government.. FFS

www.StrongVPN.com
www.NordVPN.com
Non-criminal….. why doesn’t the government just go after the criminals, & leave the rest of us well enough alone from their woke bullshit & intrusive intruding? That’s all a load of bullshit & I am hoping that the conservatives get in and squash this load of censoristic manure but that can’t happen until at least 2025 when Justin and Jagmeet sort’a break up until after the next federal election.

Reactions: petros

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Sign first, then we’ll discuss the details.

Nobody would trust a real estate agent or used car dealership with that approach, but that’s how the Trudeau government is trying to sell its plan to regulate the internet.

The government is currently trying to rush new censorship legislation through Parliament at lightning speed. Through Bill C-11, the Trudeau government plans to hand the CRTC the power to control what content Canadians are exposed to online. This includes filtering feeds on popular apps like Netflix, YouTube and TikTok.

As if that wasn’t bad enough, the government is deliberately choosing not to disclose the scope of these new regulatory powers until after the bill becomes law.

Such an approach runs roughshod over the democratic process.

If the government wants to ram through new censorship powers, at a bare minimum we deserve to know just how aggressively the CRTC will be instructed to regulate what we see and share online.

The government can’t even get bureaucrats singing from its own hymnbook.

Heritage Minister Pablo Rodriguez has promised up and down that user-generated content, meaning content a typical Canadian might upload to YouTube or share on Twitter, will not be regulated through Bill C-11.

But Ian Scott, the chair of the CRTC, the entity that will be responsible for doing the regulation on the government’s behalf, says user generated content will be fair game.

Who should Canadians believe?