A ‘staggering’ number of Canadians are glued to Johnny Depp and Amber Heard’s trial.

taxme

Time Out
Feb 11, 2020
Eh, good.

Bitch needs to just stop and vanish.

She is not bad looking. I would take her home for one night. I just hope that she does not leave before I wake up and I find a blob of shit on my bed. :LOL:

taxme

Time Out
Feb 11, 2020
Funny thing is I'm finding the after trial analysis stuff from people more interesting than the stupid fight between abusive assholes.

There are plenty of assholes here already. No names will be mentioned. :unsure:

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
I’m just here for the Memes.

The more I look into things after the trial, the more I'm convinced that lawyers should use this as an example of what NOT to do in a defamation trial, AND what people who are in abusive situations SHOULD do in regards to evidence, protecting evidence and why it's so important to GTFO when shit goes sideways.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
The more I look into things after the trial, the more I'm convinced that lawyers should use this as an example of what NOT to do in a defamation trial, AND what people who are in abusive situations SHOULD do in regards to evidence, protecting evidence and why it's so important to GTFO when shit goes sideways.
…& it’s not like either of those two fools where trapped by economic circumstances or would be homeless or living in a shelter if they bailed out…& no I didn’t watch the trial, but would hear bits and pieces about it from my girlfriend who would pick up on things about it from the radio of Facebook.

First his reputation gets trashed & he gets ostracized, then her reputation gets trashed & she gets ostracized….& yet they’re both going to the same Taylor that dressed Dr. Evil from the Austin Powers movies…& both wear these semi-matching costumes to court? Just too bizarre.

If you’re going to court, maybe don’t dress like a cartoonish villain.

Reactions: Serryah

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Amber Heard in talks to write 'tell-all' book
Author of the article:Bang Showbiz
Bang Showbiz
Publishing date:Jun 22, 2022 • 18 hours ago • 2 minute read • Join the conversation

Amber Heard is reportedly in talks to write a tell-all book.

The ‘Aquaman’ actress was found by a jury in Fairfax, Virginia, to have defamed her ex-husband, Johnny Depp, in an article in which she claimed she was a victim of domestic abuse and her ex-husband was awarded $10 million in compensatory damages and $5 million in punitive damages, while Amber was awarded $2 million compensatory damages for her counter suit, and her lawyer previously said she can’t afford to pay.

A source told OK! Magazine “Amber considers her career in Hollywood over. She’s already in talks and is excited about it. At this point, she has nothing to lose and wants to tell all.”

It comes after Heard admitted she cannot afford the damages awarded on June 1 to ‘Pirates of the Caribbean’ star Depp, 58, after their six-week defamation trial.

After the trial ended the actress said she has a “binder” packed with notes from her therapist, which she claims contains new evidence proving her allegations of physical and sexual abuse against Depp, despite the judge in the pair’s case dismissing the documents.

Dror Bikel, a New York divorce lawyer, warned Heard could land herself in further legal trouble if she used a book to repeat her allegations against Depp.

He told OK!: “Depp and his attorneys will be reading and listening to everything that Heard states.

“If she crosses the line… there is no question that will be hit with another defamation suit and end up right back in court.”

Heard said in her first public interview since her trial loss she was “terrified” about sharing her side of the story about her marriage to Depp after accusing him of physical and sexual assault.

She added to ‘Dateline’: “I know the scariest, most intimidating thing for anybody talking about sexual violence is not being believed, being called a liar, or being humiliated… I look forward to living my life and I have a long one, I hope, in front of me. And I will continue to walk through this with my chin up.”

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
'PHYSICAL PERFECTION': Amber Heard's face deemed one of world's most beautiful
Author of the article:Mark Daniell
Publishing date:Jun 22, 2022 • 17 hours ago • 2 minute read • 12 Comments

Love her or hate her, according to British cosmetic surgeon Dr. Julian De Silva, Amber Heard has one of the world’s most beautiful faces utilizing the so-called Golden Ratio.

De Silva shared his findings last year on Instagram in a post that has resurfaced and gone viral.

“The Golden Phi Ratio is a mathematical ratio that seems to appear recurrently in beautiful things in nature as well as in other things that are seen as beautiful,” De Silva wrote.

“The magic ratio is 1:1.618. Applied to the face, the ratio of the nose to top lip – is less than the distance from lip to chin for example. Using a caliper you can measure a patient’s ratio and apply filters, for example, to emphasize certain points on the face that correlate to beauty.”

Heard, he added, “is the one that comes closest to the principles of physical perfection.”

In a 2016 interview with US Weekly, De Silva revealed that his team utilizes software that looks at face shapes, to identify the qualities that make someone physically beautiful.

“The Phi ratio of 1.618 has long been thought to hold the secret for beauty, but now with the computer mapping we can calculate how it applies to real women,” he explained.

When he looked at Heard, he found her “eyes, eyebrows, nose, lips, chin, jaw and facial shape were measured and 12 key marker points were analyzed and found to be 91.85% of the Greek ratio of Phi, which is 1.618.”

De Silva’s research also revealed that Kim Kardashian’s eyebrows are perfection; Emily Ratajkowski has lips everyone should want to smooch; and Scarlett Johansson has the most beautiful eyes.

On social media, the report was met with mixed reaction. One person wrote that while she might not be perfect on the inside, Heard is “physically gorgeous,” with another saying critics of the findings are “jealous of her looks.”

“She did some s—– stuff, but she’s still hot,” a third person grudgingly added.

The latest news should be a welcome balm for Heard, who is likely smarting after reports that her much-ballyhooed Dateline interview last week was a ratings flop on NBC.

Last month, Heard lost her high-profile lawsuit when a seven-person jury in Virginia found her guilty of defaming her ex-husband Johnny Depp after she penned a 2018 op-ed in which she claimed to be a survivor of domestic abuse.

During her testimony, Heard painted a picture of an allegedly controlling and abusive Depp, who, as he was known to the world as one of Hollywood’s biggest film stars, was a Dr. Jekyll-Mr. Hyde-like “monster” behind closed doors.

A juror in the case told Good Morning America that Heard wasn’t believable.

“She would answer one question and she would be crying and then two seconds later she would turn ice cold,” he said. “Some of us used the expression ‘crocodile tears.’”

In her Dateline interview, Heard told Savannah Guthrie that she stood by her accusations against Depp.

“To my dying day, I’ll stand by every word of my testimony,” she said. “I made a lot of mistakes, but I’ve always told the truth.”

mdaniell@postmedia.com

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Judge makes jury's $10.3M award official in Depp-Heard trial
Author of the article:Associated Press
Associated Press
Publishing date:Jun 24, 2022 • 14 hours ago • 1 minute read • Join the conversation

ALEXANDRIA, Va. — The judge in the Johnny Depp-Amber Heard defamation trial made a jury’s award official Friday with a written order for Heard to pay Depp $10.35 million for damaging his reputation by describing herself as a domestic abuse victim in an op-ed piece she wrote.

Judge Penney Azcarate entered a judgment order into the court record after a brief hearing in Fairfax County Circuit Court. She also ordered Depp to pay Heard $2 million, the jury’s award on her counterclaim that Heard was defamed by one of Depp’s lawyers.

The order was a formality after the jury announced its verdict on June 1, largely siding with Depp after a sensational trial in which t he couple revealed lurid details of their short marriage during a televised trial that was closely followed on social media.

Depp sued Heard over a December 2018 op-ed she wrote in The Washington Post describing herself as “a public figure representing domestic abuse.” The jury found in Depp’s favor on all three of his claims relating to specific statements in the 2018 piece.

The jury found Depp should receive $10 million in compensatory damages and $5 million in punitive damages, but the judge reduced the punitive damages award to $350,000 under a state cap.

Heard has said she plans to appeal the verdict.

During Friday’s hearing, the judge said that if if Heard appeals, she must post a bond for the full amount of the $10.35 million award while the appeal is pending — a common practice. The judge’s order says both awards are subject to 6% interest per year.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Johnny Depp 'trying to settle' lawsuit alleging assault
Bang Showbiz
Publishing date:Jun 26, 2022 • 15 hours ago • 2 minute read • Join the conversation

Johnny Depp is reportedly trying to settle an alleged assault case before it goes to court.

Gregg ‘Rocky’ Brooks filed court documents back in 2018, in which he accused the actor of “maliciously and forcefully” punching him twice in his ribs on the set of ‘City of Lies’ before saying he’d pay the location manager $100,000 to “punch [him] in the face” in April 2017.

The case is scheduled to go up before the courts next month, but sources told RadarOnline.com that Depp’s legal team have been “deep in negotiations” with the location manager’s team up until late this week in a bid to settle the matter out of court.

However, a deal has not yet been agreed.

The ‘Pirates of the Caribbean’ actor previously requested the cast be dismissed after alleging he “feared for his safety” and that of director Brad Furman, arguing the alleged assault was in self defence and the “defence of others.”

In Brooks’ legal documents, the crew member slammed the ‘Lone Ranger’ star over his conduct, alleging he “was intentional and malicious and done for the purpose of causing plaintiff to suffer humiliation.”

And he claimed Depp’s “intoxication and temper created a hostile, abusive and unsafe work environment,” which eventually resulted in him being assaulted by the actor during filming of the crime thriller when he tried to enforce a permit restriction during a late night of filming.

Brooks claimed he was eventually fired from the movie when he refused to sign a release waiving his right to sue over the incident.

His attorney, Arbella Azizian, said in a statement: “My client wants to make sure Mr. Depp is held accountable for his conduct on set so that, in the future, others will not be put in the same situation.”

When reports of an alleged altercation were first raised earlier this year, Furman defended Depp and praised the actor as a “consummate professional.”

He said in a statement: “Johnny Depp is a consummate professional, great collaborator and a supporter of other artists. He always treats the crew and people around him with the utmost respect.

“Movies can be stressful, and nonevents often become exaggerated. We all love stories – there isn’t one here.”

And Depp himself previously claimed to have made amends with Brooks before the suit was filed.

He said during a deposition: “I had my assistant bring a bottle of wine. And we toasted in I think paper cups. And, you know, no harm, no foul. I apologized. He apologized. Gave him a hug. We embraced. You know, I hugged him. And everything was cool.

“As a matter of fact, he asked for a selfie with me. And so I took a selfie with him.”

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Amber Heard’s legal team campaigning to have verdict of defamation trial thrown out
Bang Showbiz
Publishing date:Jul 03, 2022 • 8 hours ago • 1 minute read • Join the conversation

Amber Heard’s legal team is campaigning to have the verdict of her defamation trial against Johnny Depp thrown out.

Lawyers for the ‘Aquaman’ actress, 36, filed a motion on Friday on the grounds the verdict that she had defamed ‘Pirates of the Caribbean’ actor Depp, 59, was unsupported by evidence.

Her team also alleged a juror had not been properly vetted and questioned whether they were supposed to have been allowed on the jury.

Their 43-page memorandum also argues the $10 million in damages Heard owes Depp should also be overturned.

It says the trial “proceeded solely on a defamation by implication theory, abandoning any claims that Ms. Heard’s statements were actually false.”

Depp’s lead attorney Benjamin Chew responded to the motion by telling Courthouse News: “What we expected, just longer, no more substantive.”

The motion says about the jury member in question – identified as Juror 15 – was “clearly born later” than the 1945 birth year listed on court records.

It adds: “This discrepancy raises the question whether Juror 15 actually received a summons for jury duty and was properly vetted by the court to serve on the jury. It appears his identity could not have been verified.”

Judge Penney Azcarate has said she does not want the Depp v Heard case to case to go on as it stands and has dismissed requests from the actress’ team for more hearings.

While both actors were found to have defamed each other in the June verdict, Depp was awarded $10.35 million in damages from Heard, while she got only $2 million in damages from her ex-husband – leaving her owing Depp $8.35 million, which she says she cannot afford.